Toxic players - M+ Season 4

Season 1 i had issues but i was probably part of the issue as mythic+ was new to me, i was a casual prior to this expansion and hadnt played since BFA. But season 2 and 3 i had no issues, maybe the odd group of bad players but this season feels different. Its like the majority of low keys are a fail. But i do agree that key squash probably contributes to this. Im always happy to give people advice/ teach mechanics and when i pug raids i prefer players to say if they dont know mechanics. We all start somewhere.

“push as hard as this season”

or more like: affix removals, gear inflation due to crest and bullion system and already nerfed DF dungeon and relaxed timers make M+ for max rewards much more chill than any season before ever == people move up faster?

do they? or do they just want to play the game and push as high as they can?

Or are people only allowed to push +16 or higher keys?

Well you know the common denominator

1 Like

Are you insinuating that I am the problem lol?

Partly for sure

Naa you’re right, i must make people play bad in lower keys but when i do higher keys people just start playing well. How did i not figure that out on my own :thinking:

Is this an old post from BFA? :thinking::thinking: no?!?

So what you expect us to do when you need to handle that people, if you leave they will come to forum and post. “Keys are full of leaver!” If you don’t you are an hour stucked on a +2 key
 When the timer it’s 30 minutes

I talk about me cause I play tank and isn’t the first time I do +2 to farm crests and people die. The problem isn’t even the low DPS they simple just die randomly.

I can give you few example of keys I did to farm crests.
Halls:
First boss healer let’s all DPS die on aoe

Second boss healer can’t dodge the jump of the frog, consequently DPS die from aoe

Third boss
 Yeah
 Aoe damage kill all again.
Four boss
 All die to orbs.

What is supposedly I do with this?

I mean, that’s to be expected in a +2. It’s still an entry level key after all. That’s why I never do low keys to farm crests, when I can run a ,7 or 8 much smoother and probably faster.
If people list keys they aren’t ready for, and the key clearly won’t be in time, you have every right to leave.

The problem is that there isn’t a good learning curve for newer players. You go from heroics where nothing really matters. To mythic where you can and will die if you mess up key mechanics. So there will be a ton of players who have no idea what dungeon mechanics even afe

compared to how toxic players used to be back when i first started in BFA
 I dont know if you all remember it.

But people would flame the hell out of you if you where a beginner who started out by trying and failing.

Everybody expected you to go trough the M+ Academy first before even setting foot into your first m+ xD You where expected to have watched a ton of youtube videos. and learn every mechanic of every single dungeon by hand, Before setting foot into your first m+.

Now days people flame you a whole lot less
 I gotta say
 the wow community can learn. It got told it was toxic and it changed accordingly
 It is no where near as unfriendly as it was back then.

The thing is blizzard have now changed the difficulty of the dungeons. I have just done a +2 to help a mate get the weekly quest done and in that was some of the worse players I have ever seen. These players should not have been doing a +2 and instead they should have been doing M0 or even LFG where they could actually learn how some of the basic mechanics work for the boss and maybe even learn how to play their class.

I don’t play M+ to make friends I play it to gear up my character and make it as powerful as it can be a quickly as possible and if you’re going to take up my time by being crap and just failing in every possible way I am going to make sure you know about it. No I won’t abuse you and tell you to quit but I will recommend that you go and play lower level content and learn how to play.

Some people view this as being toxic and hurting their precious feelings but I couldn’t care less, you’re taking up my time and slowing me down so I am going to moan. We have all been the new guy in M+ and I’ve had plenty of abuse in my time and now I pride myself on knowing the mechanics inside out and playing none meta classes to a high level. I know how much effort it takes and for those lazy people who just want to be boosted you won’t get any respect from me.

Too be honest
 being told how one sucks and how they can improve and what they did wrong is not always toxic.

But there is a way to say that without as you say. Sound abusive <.< or try to make the person on the other end wanna quit the game and never try again.

M+ is a match making game where we do pugs
 And if you want a flawless victory run id say stick to your friends
 But when doing pugs? You gotta expect too meet all kinds of skilled players
 for better or for worse.

Yeah M0 shouldn’t have a weekly lockout and be for practicing mechanics without the pressure of a timer.

1 Like

If you join a +2 group and expect people to have the same experience as someone who does 10s and up by week 3, then the problem is you, not the players who struggle through the +2 and “slow you down”. It’s like a mythic raider going into LFR and complaining about LFR players underperforming.

If you want to farm +2s smoothly and quickly, do it with friends. It’ll be much faster. You really have no business being in +2s if you can’t muster the tolerance or empathy for players for whom a +2 is still difficult. I get it, you want their low keys for crest farming so you don’t have to downgrade your own key, but you just can’t expect people in a +2 to know all the mechanics or do great dps.

M0 isn’t a good place for learning because of the weekly lockout, and heroic doesn’t have the same mechanics. So people have to learn in +2, where yes, they’ll suck until they stop sucking. +2 is where sucking is all right. Just do +4s instead for wyrm crests, those are already a little better.

Or just farm +6s and up. If you hit the aspects cap, you’ll get wyrm crests. If you hit the wyrm cap, you’ll get drake’s. It cascades down.

4 Likes

It pretty much is. If you’re going to do content designed for less experienced people then its myopic to impose your standards on them.

3 Likes

so tell blizzard to not force people do that content for progress, like to farm some crests.

1 Like

You don’t have to do 2s for crests. You can do 6s and up and you’ll get the lower tier crests when you hit the cap for aspects.

1 Like

I very rarely leave a key, usually if I do it’s because people in the group are rude to me.

I don’t remember the level but it was a low one, Halls of Infusion. It was a group of 4 players in the same guild and we had some mistakes on the third boss, the frost lady. We wiped couple of times and we depleted the key ofc, but we managed to finish the key.
Once it was done everybody thanked me for staying until the end, praising me for my tanking and they were quite cheerful.
I was very gratified by their behaviour, they thought I would have left the key at the first mistake but people will never learn if we never try to get better.
Nobody is perfect, heck me least of all (I have to repeat the same dungeon over and over until I time it)

Being toxic leads only to more toxicity, like that guy today in Nok 10, complaining about my DPS as a tank :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile: how many times I died? 0 zero. I’m super tanky and that allowed us to time the key because I stayed alive when everybody was flying back after the healer died and them soon after :rofl: see? In that moment I wanted to leave but I just toughen up and carried on. Yes we timed that key, I finished the boss alone while DPS were dead, long live the low DPS tank
 idiots :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

“force” I’m so sick of that word.

2 Likes

make some friends
put in your key description that its crest farm and inv simillar people to you
spam higher keys
join a boostcom and also get gold while farming crests
get rio addon and check group before you start if you are scared

there are many options

I honestly can’t believe that you can be so unlucky to always have “bad” groups.

Everyone has a bad group or a bad day themself from time to time but so what?

If people like you who constantly cry about others were half as good as you think you would 1v4 these +2 keys or atleast know how to avoid these groups

Of course how could i forget! Same in every Game. People stuck in Silver CS, Bronze League, Gold Overwatch, 1,4k Soloshuffle or in this case career grey parsers depleting +2 keys.
But faster than Lucky Luke’s Shadow to point finger and blame others.

All Secret talents that just are held back by bad teammates. happens to the best of us

ofc they flame you less.

nobody will risk infraction because “johnyy i do 50k dps” will report what you write in chat

so what people do ? they leave because they refuse to carry such people.

like there is no point arguing with them and pointing stuff to them - they dont want to learn in first place.