Toxicity in M+ PUGGS

CONTEXT: I was keystone hero in S1 of Dragonflight, definitely do not play ideally, but I do know my stuff.
You spent whole day at work and want to play some WoW, you just got your AOTC so you decide to play some keys, best way to farm PVE gear right?
Sitting 30 minutes in queue and after that somebody signs up, so you check their io and logs and they seem decent. You take them and same for other players. Then you travel to the dungeon, so the real s*** show can start.
DPS does not kick single cast, but you manage to fear mobs so somehow you survive trash to only get into boss, where you will wipe several times. After several wipes, you are accused that it is because of you as you do not do mechanics correctly.
Your key is depleted and you feel bad for being such a bad player, so you go to youtube to check guide to see what you should do, where you find out that it was them who did not do mechanics of the boss correctly and that you were just desperately trying to salvage the boss, thats why you failed one mechanic for which you got flamed.
Question
Why there are no measures against such players that have 0 team spirit and their only purpose is to flame others?

Each time I play M+ keys I have 0 interest in playing more WoW as it ruins everything a lot, that was the reason I did not play S2 and it is still same in S3. There is no place for such people in guilds and there should be no place for such people in PUGG as well. Why is it considered offensive when I write f***, but literally falsly blaming someone and bullying is allowed? They are not afraid to do so, as they are not punished. Hope someone in Microsoft will notice this and look into it as it is huge issue.

1 Like

Its frustrating I know. But in the internet there will always be turds. Until someone figures out how to e-mail a punch to the face.

And what measures do you propose? Because whatever you say, the turds will still be thereā€¦ waitingā€¦ to exploit whatever system is put in place and keep flaming innocent people.

With that said, I absolutely donā€™t believe that every single one of your PuG experiences are like that. Some are. I agree. But not all of them.

And you should celebrate the ones that go well. Right? :slight_smile: Why dont you tell me something about one of those cool experiences you had?

Much more interesting than reading for the nth time that there are turds on the internet. Its like saying there are fishes in the seaā€¦ cant change itā€¦ just adapt and move onā€¦

1 Like

the problem is pugging. nobody is ever going to treat you like a human in pugs

I donā€™t know you, so Iā€™m not arguing about whether you ā€˜know your stuffā€™ or not.

What I will say is that itā€™s very possible to get KSH without even binding your interrupt, dispel, stun, or any other CC. Itā€™s also possible to get it despite having no clue about mechanics and doing very low dps.

Iā€™m not sure what youā€™re playing this season, but your comment about ā€˜managing to fearā€™ mobs makes me wonder if youā€™re playing a healer. If thatā€™s the case, you need to have a super thick skin to pug M+ because dps will blame the healer (or the tank, but usually the healer first) when anything goes wrong. (It also means you can get quick invites to other peopleā€™s keys, which might be a less stressful option than pugging your own.)

I think itā€™s next to impossible to create rules and consequences to cover all kinds of ā€˜badā€™ player behaviour. The players who are genuinely there to make the experience bad for others will find ways round it, and it will end up catching others who are just having a bad day, who get frustrated and say something they shouldnā€™t say and that they donā€™t mean.

What you can do, however, is create your own consequences. What I do is:

• If Iā€™m pugging my own key and people are too busy arguing and flaming each other to actually get on and get it timed, I give them ONE warning along the lines of, ā€œLetā€™s stop bickering and get on with this, guys. I donā€™t want to be here all day.ā€ If it continues, I leave (my key will be depleted anyway, and Iā€™ve taken control of how it happens and shown them that at least one person wonā€™t tolerate their behaviour).
  • If Iā€™m pugging someone elseā€™s key and the KEY OWNER is throwing insults, flaming people and generally being toxic, I again give one warning: ā€œI came here to do a key, not to read this nonsense. If you carry on like this, Iā€™m going to leave.ā€ If it carries on, I leave.
  • If Iā€™m pugging someone elseā€™s key and other people (not the key owner) are behaving badly, I tab the chat window over to combat log so I canā€™t see it, put on some loud music and ignore them all until we either finish it or someone else leaves.

The better option is to find people who you enjoy playing with, either through guilds, communities or adding people you find in pug groups to your friends list, but if youā€™re forced to pug (which I am at times) the things I listed above go a long way towards making it a less stressful experience.

4 Likes

+1. Could not be said better.

So that is it? We are now just gonna accept that there are toxic people on the internet? It is not just internet, it is multiplayer game that is run by multimilion dollar company.
You are right, one way around it is to tough your skin and just accept that it is this way? Why do we not allow people outside of the internet behave same way? Because actions should always have consequences, punch in the face in the game can be ban or at least a cooldown.

1 Like

OK. Lets do what you suggest in real life.

Every time someone insults you can (A) literally start a fight right there and now. Or (B) call the police so he goes to jail.

Is that what your suggesting to do with people like that? NO?

What do you wanna do about it then? Some sort of cancel culture where the morality of 1 group of individuals is judge of what is socially appropriate?

If you wont do it in real life, why do it in a game? My mother taught me to just let idiots go. Its not worth it.

I just do what my mother taught me. Iā€™m sure yours did too. Listen to her. Mothers are wise.

I mean there is nothing you can do reallyā€¦
This seasons RIO seems especially inflated.

I just had a 2.8k rio tank that took sooo much dmg he died to 3 trash mobs. I donā€™t even know how that is even possible.

then you got bm hunters with ilvl 480 that do 70k dps
dhs that donā€™t put imprison on their bars
and so on and on.
Rise is fun with all the volleys going out and fall is 90% fail due to boss mechanics.

16-18s are hell right now

2 Likes

Sounds like fun mate

They have always been like that. And its not so bad eitherā€¦ :slight_smile:

1 Qeustion, are u a capital Snowflake or not? M+ dungeons will fail believe me certainly in the range of +10 ā†’ +16. Do u have a backbone or not? It seems like not but ye.

Youā€™re just doing low idiot content. Try do your own key, and be patient and inv ppl with gear above the keyā€™s lvl. Makes life easier.
I hate the absolute morons in m+ too, but damn you have to carry keys even in +25s

i mean not from toxcity but from how bad people play. I literally tried 4 rise keys in a row that fell apart before or at the first boss. which is ibcredible considering that this is the easy part of the dungeon

I shall now pull 36 mobs that cast corroding volley as well as the one that casts shrouding sandstorm!

Then I had the DH tank complain I didnā€™t interrupt on my holy priest.

Next time we actually got to the boss, the tank died from 100-0 on the tank buster. The mage then said ā€œboosted healerā€.

I think that dungeon is currently the noob bait because people can 2/3 chest Fall without too much trouble.

1 Like

i got told that i depleted the key in an 18 dht because the tank died repeatidly from the charge of the first boss. Told me i should iron bark the tank for every charge.
tank said try healingā€¦ i just replied try dodging
:confused:

Since healing got harder I donā€™t pug that often. Look up communities

odd never met thet many toxic players keys few odd Balls put ignore there for them rest eh just do u job and everting fix it self

There is a solution! It is called friends/guild mates/community. Other wise pug life is what it is.

Iā€™ve noticed that rudest people are in 10-15 keys. Someone who pugs all of the M+ runs i just put people on ignore if they whine enough :sleepy:

I got called out in a DHT25 by the tank because I dispelled 6 affixes.

I went to the recount, I had 64 total dispels. The 2nd one (ret) had 21.

The real value was 34 affix dispels. I got kicked out of the group after the key was timed.

I did not even have the chance to explain that ā€œpoison cleansing totemā€ dispels for me. And that the adon that tracks affix dispels only tracks the ones that I personally do. Not the ones that the totem does for me.

I actually got mad that people accused me of this stuffā€¦ on a 25 FFS!! Its not the place to be unaware of basic class mechanics. Especially because we timed it, and we all played like a boss. 0 mistakes. 0 deaths. So he could not claim that I was boosted.