Trade chat Ads spamming 2020 . :(

https://imgur.com/a/Ww2S4bE

its disgusting. the spam is real and unending.

EDIT:

SERVER TIME 23:41:17
https://imgur.com/a/tUCRpMj ctrl + to zoom

4 different servers and Nova team bot is posting at the same time.

SAME thing is happening with the other boosting teams in all europe servers.
They have multiple accounts open and bots to endlessly spam ads in public game chats.

Nova Team
Gallywix team
Oblivion community

and many more boosters that using bots to spam.

23 Likes

I actually agree, but you’re going to get counter-arguments flooding the thread saying they’re trading services for gold etc. Personally I think they should ban all boost adverts, not to stop it entirely, but to push it back where it belongs - underground, rather than the norm for some people.

I’ve got it on a separate tab now so I don’t see it much, and addons do helps block some of it, but they update so often I’ve kinda given up trying to block it.

I login to Argent Dawn occasionally to remind myself of what chat could look like, just to reminisce.

8 Likes

Nothing u can do about it…

Download badboy addon

4 Likes

We’ve suggested many times before, there needs to be a seperate boosting channel. This is wrong.

3 Likes

I already see people coming in saying this is fine, and that anal jokes, linking Thunderfury, asking Joel to come to Skype and guild recruitment isn’t better and doesn’t belong to the Trade chat but I don’t care, most people never used Trade to actually trade, yes there were a few but mostly it was used for whatever. Btw if you log in around server reset time you can see sometimes people having an actual conversation on Trade before advertiser bots login to flood the chat with their crap.

So yeah I agree with you it’s in a sorry state but I don’t think it will change. And btw Addons don’t help, I filter them and then they change the wording or put dots into the text like B.E.S.T D.E.A.L and still gets trough like fck that man I’m not gonna sit there every day thinking of words to filter and hunting lvl 1 chars to put on ignore list.

5 Likes

first time in wow i disabled trade chat .

3 Likes

I’ll link my own topic, maybe it helps a bit.

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/keyword-list-to-clean-up-the-trade-chat-8-2020-05-19/137628

2 Likes

I wrote a script for converting your list into a formatted version you could paste directly into the addon’s .lua file, but I don’t think I posted it… I’ll see if it’s still around.

2 Likes

Indeed…
This is so sad, i remember one of the things ive missed most when i stoped wow was all the fun players had in tradechat.

RIP tradechat.
Ive quit 2 months ago.

4 Likes

Even with a dedicated channel they would still use Trade.

Which is why…

Is the best advice, along with adding the plugin Badboy_CCleaner so you can add their phrases and word choices to the blacklist, thereby hiding it from your view entirely.

If you strictly forbid it they can’t. If they use Trade chat for boosting advertisements whilst they have a seperate Boosting channel they must get banned, 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, 6 months, 1 year, Perma. We’ll see if they can still use it :smiley_cat:

5 Likes

If blizzard cared to state and request them to NOT spam on trade they would not.

But blizzard doesnt care since they make money.

Ban bots and boosters

4 Likes

The trade chat is in so bad condition atm because of this spams that even if you blacklist all boosters via addons you cant see anyone else talking , people have abandomed it completly.

I remember people selling herbs, ores , boe items and now all i see its full of unending boost ads.
You all know the solution is not an addon to this crap.

Really sad. I always remember people selling boosts in trade chat but not at this rate.

8 Likes

This is not a problem an addon can solve, it requires a direct interference by Blizzard which includes strict rules.

3 Likes

The boosters just invaded the Silvermoon realm general chat. I see boost advs every 2 mins.

1 Like

The game is definitely became Business.

https://imgur.com/a/Eox1rWx

ok , i turned off trade chat and this happened when i went back to stormwind.

1 Like

Gallywix is the ones who bugs me the most. The spam coming from various selling toons is massive - Just try and count how many times you see the word “Gallywix” - and that is only on your Screens :flushed: And they are like this on all the servers I play on. Ravencrest, Silvermoon and Draenor.
Ofc The other people’s “service spam” is also annoying, but Gallywix is by far the worst

4 Likes

What bugs me out is that gallywix discord has thousands of members… sadly the problem is caused by the player base who pay for boosts.

4 Likes

They WOULD… but they SHOULDN’T. People break rules in the game all the time. Personally, I would rather they spent the time fixing issues tha players have, banning exploiters etc rather than player using the wrong channel to sell their services.

Badboy addon gives you the ability to hide all that excrement without needing to take up valuable time from the GM’s who could be helping your guild member or friend with a more prominent issue, that is where I am coming from.