Trade chat Ads spamming 2020 . :(

One of the few reasons everyone is surprised when they join us. We still have the old trade chat culture you all miss.

3 Likes

Download Badboy, then add the following to the filter list;

1. Ny’alotha (and any variation).
  2. N’zoth.
  3. Vision(s).
  4. Armor stacking
  5. Boost(s).
  6. Curve.

Cleanest trade chat you’ll ever have.

If this is true I might check your realm out someday. Can you find date in there too? :wink:

yes unfortunately, like all advertising when you want to be heard you go where the people are…so it needs to be banned anywhere but a specific channel…it’s all on Blizz this one, shouldn’t have to clear up other peoples mess for them.
i’m not against boosting but i am completely against the idea of it, there are some that claim they can’t get what they need without it, most just want it without the work, i don’t wan’t anything i’m not prepared to work for…nobody that is willing to work for sooething should ever be denied…
guess they do love their token sales…the tick certainly does…-.-

But really, is it really fair that players have to disable social features, just in the name of defending Boost spammers?

1 Like

I recon this is why something like RIO exists. Because it became a problem in early Legion when the boostsellers arose. Previously you could count on the Curve achi, but that stopped right there.

1 Like

It isn’t.
It should be pushed into a separate channel which has to be joined optionally or is hidden by default.
Tired to see trade chat explode with boosting services the moment I step into a capital with a alt.

2 Likes

post deleted

2 Likes

Probably because it’s the only global chat in game outside of inflated guilds.

Don’t see the issue to be honest. Trade chat is for trade, aka selling and buying items and services. Working as intended. Don’t like it? Leave the channel. It’s what I did.

They should just make the General Chat channel global instead of zone-only. I’m puzzled why it’s not already a thing.

2 Likes

There are so many pro-boosting people on these forums that you’ll never get much traction with this sentiment.

Mostly because people are either buying them or selling them.
Never mind the fact that it’s effectively a way to cheat in the game by skipping effort for progression or to avoid paying RL cash for a subscription/game services. People are surprisingly willing to give up on any kind of virtues or values if the situation benefits them personally.

2 Likes

Trade channel is for players to trade ingame resources like items or mats .
Its not a channel for lvl 1 bots advertising discords and third party websites.
Dungeon or raid boosting was always a thing but atleast the ads was from real humans and not from bots at an endless rate.

I play both classic and retail.
Classic on golemagg and retail on outland

Classic trade chat feels alive, it gives you the feeling that you are not alone.
On the other hand the retail trade chat feels like a ghost city with flashing ads signs everywhere but with no players.

6 Likes

Well, yes and no. A better plan would be to add an official boosting channel, and if they advertise anywhere but there, they can get flagged. This would prevent a lot of them from spamming outside the boost channel because nobody wants their account banned. Of course this relies on Blizz actually stepping in.

Trade Chat is a common Chat channel that only works in capital cities and certain sanctuaries (unless you manually join a channel out-of-zone)
This channel is intended for buying, selling, and trading of items and services
Check the World of Warcraft: Game Manual and the Q&A about chats about this
And even if we hate it, abhore it, loathe it… boosting is a service
So Blizzard will never do anything about it

2 Likes

To be fair that is what the trade channel is for. To conduct trades, which boosts are.

Would it be any different if the chat was spammed 24/7 with people trying to sell a mount, cloth or anything like that? No and we don’t see that because we have an auction house.

One way to stop that spam would be a boost window on the lfg tool. Because as much as you hate those advertisements they are the only “allowed” way to advertise your boost right now, ever since Blizzard made it so that you can report boosts on lfg.

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/keyword-list-to-clean-up-the-trade-chat-8-2020-05-19/137628

This needs to be solved. I also ended up shifting /2 to separate chat tab.

1 Like

its sad to accept the bots spamming endlessly in trade chat as normal in game service.
there was a reason why blizzard announced policy changes to advertisements made in the in-game Group Finder and there are reason to do the same for in game chat channels.

knowing that everything you see in trade chat is writen by bots should make you wonder what is happening with tha game

3 Likes

The original source of this is people buying boosts. Cat is out the bag now though, and the amount of boostees means there are a lot more boosters now, which means there are a lot more adverts attracting more boostees. It is a self-fulfilling doom now. Also, I know from people who I know boost that they get their alts boosted with their boost money, but at less than they boosted themselves for. The boost market quickly becomes a race to the bottom.

Most boosts I see are for Curve, which really it’s not hard to find yourself a heroic guild and get it with minimal commitment.

:rofl:

Notice how only one of those advertisements uses the word “boost”?

It’s pretty obnoxious, they purposely try to circumvent things like badboy addon, also it sucks when they spam these lengthy adverts 2x in a row.

It would probably be less intrusive if they couldn’t advertise in trade but rather the premade finder only.
Then again the majority have probably removed trade chat from their tab already \o/

Something probably happen eventually, at the expense of players who don’t spam /2 like this I’m willing to bet.

1 Like