Traditional Flying Coming to the Dragon Isles in Guardians of the Dream

I’m one such person.

Like, I don’t mind exploration, and idk if those 10.0 zone quests are the story (aka the initial main quests), or just sidequests. In the former case, all the less grind to do, in the latter one, it’s okay to do it once for the story, also FR and Zaralek because I was slacking really.

But don’t bind rep farms to flight unlocks… When I did the BfA pathfinder, I was like…

“Freedom! Hasta la Vista, I’m never going back to Mechagon!”

Just. Don’t.

And really all I did in the future there was doing keys, otherwise gave a wide berth to the area. I grew to hate it.

2 Likes

So we have to grind loamm rep and emerald rep to unlock flying that can’t be even used in those zones
:man_facepalming:

4 Likes

Ooh where did you see that?

I really hope not because emerald dream is the only zone anyone actually cares about in 10.2

Weve all done everything we want in the older zones.

Asking us to progress in zones it doesnt apply to is super lame as well.

If true blizzard have really let me down with this.

1 Like

This really concerns me since regular flying is an accessibility issue for a lot of people including folks who are blind, visually impaired, get motion sick, get vertigo from DF, folks who have sensory processing issues, cognitive impairments, etc. By now in the expansion, the point of having regular flying is so that everyone who has been left behind by dragon flying due do accessibility problems can actually participate.

With the whole thing of dragon flying being an accessibility problem, I actually wrote Blizzard’s accessibility line during the beta because I was having huge vertigo problems with dragon flying, and a lot of people on the forums were talking about other accessibility problems. I was politely dismissed.

I never wanted to take away dragon flying from the people who enjoy it, I just want regard flying along with it so I can play without feeling sick, and so all of the people who have accessibility problems with dragon flying can also enjoy the game how they want to.

8 Likes

I don’t care. I find dragon-flying a better alternative to old flying. But this is concerning because I was expecting them to add dragon-flying to old zones which they haven’t to my knowledge. Instead we get the gated flying something I hated since it was added, some compromise that was based on something so ridiculous. But seeing this, I am starting to think that dragon-flying will be another expansion feature that’s gonna get left behind in the following expansion. Hope I’m wrong, but it would not surprise me if I am not.

I think that Dragon Riding will be for Racing outside of the Dragon Isles. The rest of the world is just too small for dragon riding. You’d Press 2,2,1,1 and be 12 miles out to sea before you blinked twice.

I don’t see why that is a problem. No really do people have a thing for making traveling hard in WoW or something?

The WoW classic players do like their long journeys, but yea, I’d love dragonriding outside Dragon Isles.

Well they can have them. That’s why we got two separate games.

1 Like

Done all but the last and that is an actual decent pathfinder, so I am happy with this.

Becuase not enough people left for Final Fantasy 14 during shadowlands. If the migration was even bigger, we would have even better game compared to SL by now.

Please make it so we can dismount them by using whirling ability when they ride trad mounts

It will be the funniest patch hahah

Upon further review, we’ve decided to remove the Freshscales Fifteen requirement from Dragon Isles Pathfinder. There will be no Renown level requirements.

I’ve updated the OP here, and we’re updating the Guardians of the Dream patch notes to reflect this.

Thank you for your feedback!

19 Likes

Nice one, hope this makes people happy.

1 Like

what is happy? never seen it before here.

Credit is where credit is due, Bravo for actually listening to feedback and changing this.

3 Likes

No, stop.

WE HAVE DRAGON RIDING, GIVE US NORMAL FLYING WITHOUT GATEKEEPING IT!

2 Likes

Shouldn’t have had to have pathfinder attached to it from the start. If you buffed normal flying to 600% speed it would have made sense.

4 Likes

They removed the renown requirement, all they want you is to play through the story once (You probably did that on your main already) and flap around the emerald dream area one time, anybody who even half attempted to play the game has everything except “Explore the emerald dream” (15 minutes work, tops), keep your shirt on…

3 Likes