Training dungeons

Hello !

Quick suggestion. Now that blizzard intends to incorporate a score system for mythic dungeons. I think it would be cool if guilds/teams/friends could train on specific dungeon just like pro teams do in specific servers.

The idea would be to be able to get a training key to a dungeon to whatever level we want, no cost but completing it would not give you anything, no loot, no score, nothing. The idea would be to let players the opportunity to set training sessions on routes or specific mechanics for mythics.

Does anyone feel this would be a good addition ?

I guess there’s no real downside to it, although I feel like this would be mostly used by the high-end m+ teams rather than newer players. The majority of the playerbase doesn’t have the patience to run a dungeon for no rewards other than practice, nor is practicing low keys relevant either way.

But high-end m+ teams would want this in order to experiment with strats and to practice their execution, which would most likely change the high-end meta. But I don’t think this is something that Blizzard would even necessarily implement.

1 Like

I think it would be a good idea, but I doubt the interest is there really. At least for the average joe doing m+. People already complain about lack of rewards in m+, so I doubt a practice mode without any rewards in it would be very popular.

cant you just do a normal mythic run as training? no key just mythic

Blockquote cant you just do a normal mythic run as training? no key just mythic

We actually do that, training routes on M0. But it is pretty useless because mobs that should kill you don’t do their expected damage. They also melt to the dps.

And i’m not even mentionning the fact that in m0 you don’t have the affixes…

What would be even better is if there was a ‘rewind’ option, so you could practice the whole dungeon, but also go back and redo pulls or bosses you messed up on and try different tactics. I can’t count the number of times we’ve said, “Next time we do that dungeon, we’ll try this tactic for xyz boss/pack,” and we don’t get it again for 2 weeks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.