Transfer aborted: Instance not found, Whole of Gorgrond

I recommend people avoid flying into Gorgrond for a while.

Flying into Gorgrond on the server Argent Dawn with Warmode on. “Transfer Aborted: instance not found”
It dismounted me from a flightpath… I died. (Which, admittedly made me laugh)
A friend is having this issue too. He’s Horde, I’m Alliance so it’s not limited by faction. He can’t log on his character anymore because he logged off in the zone that is having issues.

I tried opening a ticket, but I couldn’t find the right things to click on to get it to allow me to open a ticket. I also reported this as a bug, but was hoping for confirmation that this is a bug and that this isn’t just an issue that me and a friend coincidentally both have.

Hope you can fix this.

Just helping out wherever I can, With Warmode off, the zone works fine. Will try other servers with Warmode on now.
Other servers are fine, tried on Terokkar, A PvE server, so it’s completely different. Tried again on AD, it’s still having issues.
Tried on another RP server, but there were no issues, it’s just Argent Dawn as far as I can tell.

Same just happened for me,i was flying with my priest from garrison to blackrock foundry(with wm on),then at some point i’ve got message transfer aborted so i’ve decided to hs away but wasnt able to.I tried to logout but for some reason i wasnt able to either so i decided to shut game.Now my char is stuck in gorgrond and i cant even log in on that priest cause it says “world server is down”

1 Like

Hey all!

I’m sorry to hear that you have encountered a “Transfer Aborted: Instance not found” error, which has rendered your character inaccessible. We will need to address this from two sides, and firstly, let’s see about getting you back onto your character.

Can you please try using the Unable to Move workflow to try moving your character to a new location which will hopefully get you back into the game, however if this doesn’t help, please can you contact our Support Team who will be able to look into this in further detail.

Then we’ll need to try and prevent this from happening again. As you mentioned this only happening in a single zone, this is may have been caused by a client/server conflict which de-synced your character from the server. If you haven’t already, can you please complete the suggestions offered in the Transfer Aborted: Instance Not Found guide.

1 Like

Since I personally am not having the issue with being unable to log in, I will recommend my friend tries to do that. I’ve already suggested he tries to open a ticket to move his character.

well i moved my char and can log in,but whenever i step into gorgrond i get
transfer aborted again and its only on AD and for some reason with warmode on only,just tried to fly there with warmode off and it works without any problems

2 Likes

Same for me, cant fly there with pvp on, but if I put pvp to off I can get in there. On AD

Hey Gaztly,

This is still being investigated, sorry for the trouble caused.

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!

I intended to level in Gorgrond today, and it appears I am experiencing the same issue. As soon as I touched the zone, I was disconnected from the server.

On my character screen, I had no zone… but oddly, when I started logging back in, I had a Siege of Boralas loading screen. Once the loading screen was complete, I was at my hearthstone location (Stormwind).

I can reproduce this exact chain of events without fail by just attempting to get into Gorgrond.

Argent Dawn EU, War Mode.

I just want to report in to say I am having the same issue as the people above.

It did start last night at around 3:00 in the night server time on my normal pet battle route for xp.

I also had to use the unstuck feature to remove my char from the endless disconnect loop. I have now tried 3 times again and everytime I disconnect once reaching Gorgond.

I have been taking this flight path route daily for many years now (I lvl alts this way) so it is extremly unlikely the fault is on my end.

Argent Dawn EU with War Mode on.

Have the same problem, noticed yesterday.

Sorry if this is necroing or whatever, but was this matter resolved? I have been having this same issue for the past couple of days now. I am on Darkmoon Faire with WM off. I cant physically walk into Gorgrond and i also cant used the Ogre Mage tower portal from my Garrison.

For some reason i got disconnected when i visit Gorgrond on Earthen Ring server, and when i try to log back on i get the message World server is down which renders me unable to log in with Only that character.
My other characters are able to come online just fine, it happens only with that one. I tried to recreate the issue , but no disconnect only a load of "transfer aborted, instance not found’’ messages, and there are no mobs or npc’s to be found anywhere in Gorgrond. Note:Warmode is off.
2nd Note: Addons seems to have no influence on this problem whatsoever, it happens with or without any addons installed.

Edit :Since today i have been able to log in again thanks to the unable to move service.
But so far it happens only in Gorgrond for some reason.
Hellfire peninsula or Nagrand seems to be working as intended.