Transmog Daggers into Fist Weapons

Will we ever be able to mog daggers into fist weapons? I see no reason not to, if there is any weapon that would make sense to mog the daggers into it would be fist weapons, they are “small” and some of them are basicly daggers that you hold in a different way.

5 Likes

i second that. i was really salty to find out that my assassin rogue couldnt mog…was it fist weapons or swords (something like that, dont know anymore)? onto her daggers.

getting real peeved when i see a warrior with 2 mogged staffs walking past me. like…coommee oooonnnhhhh :laughing:

1 Like

Hmmm… I’m not sure I wanna see the animation for backstabbing with a fist… :confused:

1 Like

Most fist weapons have blades on them

1 Like

Its cuz of the animation.

Dagger are just…daggers (Assassination have a skill that make you plow both into the enemy).

All other 1 hand can be mogged into other, but, dagger are for themself.

There is however, a “sword” lookalike weapon from the new Zul’gerub that you can use, its not a fist, but, its the only other option for a dagger to look like something else (a sword in this case).

I get the animations thing but it’s not a solid argument imo, many fist weapons have blades in them, as I said some of them are basicly daggers with a different grip. It just saddens me that I have a fist weapon I really like that would fit my assassin transmog very well, but can’t use it due to that restriction… And it’s a weapon I never saw mogged probably for that reason.

3 Likes

i know right? it was my first time playing a rogue and i never bothered with transmog until 120 so i was unaware of those restrictions. when i found a really cool transmog/weapon combo i was so bummed when i couldnt mog the weapon. :sob: i know its silly but i havent touched my rogue ever since since i cant find another weapon fitting that set transmog…

2 Likes

Yeah I feel ya… My solution so far is swapping my mogs, the one I had planned for Outlaw using in Assassin and the Assassin one using on Outlaw, so I can mog those fist weapons, but still sucks because they are different fantasies that don’t fit either spec like this… But oh well…

btw, that is what I have planned, those weapons with that gear.

https ://imgur .com/a/lwQSA2P

Had to swap toons, couldn’t reply with the same…

Its gonna be fisting .
Since you gonna use your fist …

2 Likes

I think that would make it even more interesting.

Quite disturbing… :smiley:

I think OP means both ways, so fist weapons into daggers aswell

@Immortum

Would be nice i guess, don’t really care personally x)

1 Like

That too yes.

I say that’s a ridiculous excuse, here’s why: when you normally use a dagger/fist weapon etc. and use an “Inflatable Thunderfury” item from Anniversary vendor, it will change your current weapon to Thunderfury and dagger specific animations like Mutilate works just same, it just looks like you stab the target with an oversized sword. Except the main hand auto attack swings, those still use 1H sword animations obviously.

Apparently, that shows it would still work but they don’t want to do it and bring up the “it’s the animation issue” as an excuse, tbh. All these limitations are annoying and don’t make sense, imo. Just let us transmog between weapon types we want to as long as we can use both weapon types on that specific class. Before you say it would look ridiculous. Well, we have Tauren, Pandaren and (soon™, Vulpera) in the game, so they may as well get rid of those ridiculous imitations.

Also remove the CD on all toys, what’s the point limiting people how much they want to use a toy (I mean sure some are annoying but they could keep CDs just for these and remove it on all the others.)

3 Likes

It would really please me if we could transmog daggers to fistweapons or maybe one-handed swords. It was a small blessing when it turned out you could use the artifact look to mog daggers on your caster, so make it so Blizz! Pretty please :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I see why 1H Sword could be a problem, due to size, but then again we have some daggers that are bigger than some swords so wouldn’t bother me much.

isn’t it possible? i mean im a prot war and i can make any main hand item look like a fist weapon

In fact it is a fist weapon right now

I just changed my rogues tmogs to fist weapons as well…

Am i missing something here?

It’s already possible to transmog between a 1H (Sword, Axe, Mace) and a Fist weapon. The post above was about removing other restrictions so that it would allow daggers to be transmogged to into 1H weapons.

At least we’re getting transmoggable Legendaries in Shadowlands (ITS ABOUT TIME.) The "if everyone have them they are not special anymore" was a weak arguement anyway, as if it’s like something much more meaningful letting old Legendaries gather dust in your bank, Lol.

But If I recall correctly, in the past it wasn’t possible to transmog between a 1H and Fist weapon neither and that was changed later. Now seeing as we’ll get transmoggable Legendaries I don’t see a reason to prevent daggers to be transmogged to 1H and visa versa.

1 Like

Oh my mistake i just double checked and i just assumed my rogue had 2 daggers. they were one handed weapons. But yeah daggers indeed cant be tmogged for some reason. You tend to forget what your character wears when not playing it for a while