Transmog in lich

Hello.

Since one of my favorite thing dungeon finder doesnt come to wrath, could we get transmoging this early on? Its one of my favorite “new” things in game and i really would like to start doing that. I know its not really time for it in this expansion, but do we even get one where its coming? Since you have changed things in classic, this shouldnt be much of a problem.

13 Likes

1/10 not even a good try, next time go more entitled when asking for it

16 Likes

0,5/10 forum troll strikes.

4 Likes

The counter argument is that there was no transmog in WLK, and some people prefer it that way.

However, “vanity slots” as they were referred to as back then was a highly requested feature and I think transmog in Classic would be extremely popular. It is also an excellent time and money sink for players to engage with – it would be an excellent motivator to run old content.

So should they stay true to “how it were”? Has the Classic experience even been remotely similar to “how it were”? In my experience it hasn’t. In retail TBC the game was in a state of growth, whereas in Classic it seems to be in a state of decline – rejuvenated only by the release of “new” content (which the players chew through real fast). We also know everything, including the exact specifics of what’s waiting in the next major patches. My point is: staying true to how it were is becoming a weak argument. Perhaps the Classic experience would benefit from #somechanges.

3 Likes

They are already adding things that werent in wotlk, like no arena teams or “advanced” customization, cant see why they couldnt add this (aside from blizz being lazy cashgoblins) and it would be awesome since those first expansions have the best looking items …

The argument that you used for it being added made it sound like a troll post, using the “things are not like they were so lets add X” argument is so weak that it makes you sound like a troll. Sorry if you actually meant it, in the case you did you should use better arguments still like why you actually want it

2 Likes

I’m a staunch #NoChanger, but I could be tempted to give it a go under some conditions. Transmogrifying should NOT be like Retail where mail 'mogs with mail only, but free 'mogging - also with grey and white items as they sometimes have the best looks.
All the strict restrictions on a cosmetic feature are plain meaningless.

2 Likes

If Blizzard would announce, that WotLKC would be last expansion in Classic triology many people would support all good of later x-packs features they can think of, transmog included. But we all know Blizzard will try to push out Cataclysm at the very last quarter of the year when most people would had allready killed Lich King 25 heroic and be done with the Classic project and maybe someone would be trying Halion. They must confirm Cataclysm Classic sooner, like at the start of 3.3.3. while players still making up their mind about moving further or not.

Hello, guildie!

I echo this argument fully. I’d still like to add another argument in favor of transmog, and that is the replay value and extra end game content available that it would bring.

Us “RP nerds” from back in the days (pre-transmog) carried with us RP-sets in the inventory. Many of us actually kept it in their inventory back in the days, particularly in wrath when bags got bigger. Or we had it in the bank, and particularly so when carrying the PvE or PvP set in the bags. I don’t think people today will have the patience for that, and I’m not sure if I do either. Despite me doing the exact opposite back in the days.

We’ve seen what transmog has done to the game in retail. It’s a good one, and it’s a reason to enter old content. It’s not all that fun to steamroll old content, sure, but having a reason to enter, and a strong argument to provide to friends and guildies to come along (since they can get stuff too) does a lot.

With achievements and four raid modes, “10-man and 25-man, both with heroic”, we already had so much more end game to play going from TBC to wrath!

Gief transmog plz blizz

2 Likes

Nope.

I want to be able to instantly tell how geared is someone i meet. Especially in PvP

Unless they add a on/off toggle to disable transmog. Because i don’t care about what the others players characters look like. I want to be able how far they are in their progression.

7 Likes

Like Bolanira did back in the days, I carry a “Sunday’s best set” in my bags, and I dress in is whenever I’m not Questing. This goes for all my characters, on RP realms and Normal. I do not like to go into town in my dirty armour set :wink:
Your problem is a PvP problem, not existing on the PvE realms, where people’s progress and attackability does not matter.

1 Like

What about BGs and Arenas ?

Not doing them. I don’t do PvP.

And it would propbaly be possible to let transmogs not show in arenas and BGs - what about Noggenfogger and the Deviate Delight now?

I understand this, i wouldnt mind transmog on off option either. I also do pvp and i look how geared someone is.

1 Like

I would reply to this comment but I cant use my hands since they are stuck in my face after face palming so hard …

Those shoulders and weapon will tell you soooo much about someones gear …

This goes on the fridge right next to “flying mounts are bad” and “people cant find pvp vendors” …

Ofc it does. If you do some arenas currently we have some greenies and guess what help to choose the focus from start ?

Yep, their gear.

What if he has full S4 aside from shoulders ? Not even mentioning fist weapons or caster on whom you wont even see those weapon pulled out …

I thought maybe seeing their health and mana would be the thing …

Also how do you see what gear enemy rogue has ?

Or what if he has only shoulders, S3 shoulders are one of the first things I currently buy on my alts, since you wont change them for long time, so I am full green with epic shoulders … not mentioning how many PvE sets look the same to PvP and you will want to focus PvE geared player in arena …

Nah mate this argument was dumb decade ago and is dumb even now …

1 Like

I have exactly zero against players being able to toggle off transmog appearance. That is, unless it would require a lot of work for Blizz. I’m not sure how the programming works, but I’m suspecting it could be possible that that it may require some spaghetti code to solve it. If so I’m against it, but I’m not against the concept, at all, even in the slightest. However…

Wrath was the first expansion where attaining PvP gear became easy. As in, you can expect to gear up fully with honor gear quite qickly. If I remember correctly it was possibly to buy pieces of arena gear every 1-2 weeks or so even at lower rating.

I know that you know this and what I’m going to write here, but I want to lay out the reasoning to make the point salient.

This eliminates essentially all need to benefit from seeing what kind of gear an opponent has in Arena. If you’re higher rating you can assume others have max honor gear and equivalent number of arena gear pieces as you do.

If you’re serious about climbing and need to be evaluating the enemy team’s gear level in arena, then you’d be more interested in being able to see the health and mana pools. Well, the higher you climb the more you’ll assume that whomever it is you are facing they are fully geared.

Looking at the flat number in health or mana means you can estimate what the enemy is wearing in arena. You already do this to see if a paladin is holy or ret, as an example. Say, a hypothetical scenario where you’re 1800 or higher, and a mage has lower hp and more mana than usual, it’s fair to assume that the mage is wearing lots of PvE pieces. Making this assesment by looking at the gear can’t be done even nearly as fast when that mage is on the other side of the arena map behind a pillar.

The only thing I can remember being somewhat important to see is the weapons of a melee. The rest is predictable at higher arena rating, and if someone isn’t doing full PvP gear you’ll see it instantly by looking at the HP bar (as PvP gear has more stamina).

Regarding BGs, I’m struggling to see why it would be of any importance as good players will play according to their gear level. You’ll unconsciously take note if someone is a pro gamer and has the gear to match.

A fragile warrior will be wary to charge in, and a fully geared warrior with lots of confidence in their own ability will be extremely aggressive towards your face. E.g. with abilities introduced in Wrath you’re going to see warriors getting very cocky in PvP due to Bladestorm, charge useable in combat, some self healing, and so on.

If a mage or a hunter is shooting at you from afar you’ll default to assuming they have good gear until proven otherwise. Even a hunter in blues and a few greens taking free shots at you in a BG is dangerous, so you’ll treat them accordingly.

Hot take… I understand the concern, but everyone that opposes transmog in instanced PvP, that doesn’t forget about it, will feel it’s not important enough to make a fuss about on the forum in about a month in or so. People have fairly equivalent gear.

If possible to implement without too much work by Blizz, why not. Win-win.

5 Likes

You seem to know what you’re talking about. What happens to the effects of “disguises” like Noggenfogger elixir or deviate delight upon entering arena and BG?

Transforms are disabled in arena. I don’t know for BGs, but iirc in BGs you can use these effects (but people don’t becasue they are consumables, make you unable to attack, or just have a long CD).