Tried the new event - nope

RNG RNG RNG RNG. When will they freaking learn.
that is all.

35 Likes

You so lucky that you find RNG? I die as soon as I land :rofl:

20 Likes

Not going to lie. I tried and I think it is going to be some fun for a while. Yea sure it’s going to be hard but I guess that is what the mod is all about. Survive survive survive as long as possible. Unfortunately the storm is going to force you into an area with multiple players you just going to have to pray to rngesus that you have upgraded all your abilities to epic and are strong enough to survive. Even if you don’t no sweat you still get some credit and renown advancement. Sure it is going to be excruciatingly slow for some of us but with perseverance we get there. Carrot on a stick yes, laugh a minute sure. Are we all going to get that achievement and eyepatch mog. NO.

As a healer i think i am not interested in this.

7 Likes

Which is why I switched. Still I had a laugh and no it won’t hold my interest for very long but for now it is refreshing.

who?

4 Likes

RNG in battle royale?
No way

4 Likes

As soon as I have to face another player, I’m dead

And I’m supposed to farm 100k to get renown 40. Casual friend NOT.

20 Likes

The time to rep ratio is an insane SLOG i hate it

8 Likes

i tried 5 matches, 3 i was dead before i even did anything because of players already 2 levels higher than me, and the other times i survived for about 5 mins because i just stayed out of the way. nope, this event is just utterly useless and given the hype around it i and I believe many other are disappointed.

13 Likes

I’ve played a few rounds now, and I think it has potential. I don’t love it, though, at least not in the current form. Then again, I never fully enjoyed actual Battle Royale games, either. There are always certain elements of both thrill and anxiety that are briefly invigorating, but will probably drain me quickly.

The gameplay loop pretty much consists of killing mobs to level up quickly, hope you get a couple of the OP powers, and avoid other players until you have a level advantage, then spam your buttons and hope you kill someone and you don’t get jumped. If you don’t level fast, it’s best to just collect 400-500 plunder and run into the storm for another attempt.

The first tweak this mode needs is the rate at which plunder is earned or, alternatively, the amount of plunder needed to gain reputation. Progress is to slow for a limited time event.

The abilities need to be balanced better or players should be able to pick one or two when the match starts. Maybe the first 5 minutes of the match should also be PvE only so allow everyone a chance to get abilities and level up.

2 Likes

I’m lucky to get 100 or 200 rep per match more often than not i get taken out the moment i land earning like 0 or 20 rep. This is going to die of really fast if it was not for the rewards people would not be playing this

7 Likes

Seriously, who designed the controls for this?
R & T? It’s so counter the typical hand placement to play the main game, after so long i can’t get into it

4 Likes

I feel like they should add a daily challenge to give you 1 or 2 ranks like play X amount of matches. Remember we are paying a subscription, this isn’t a free to play mode. Our money is our time and it is NOT being respected when I could be doing keys, raiding or farming mounts and tmog etc with that time instead.

5 Likes

They need to remove levels tbh. And make everybody even outside the abilities that you can find. I think the powergap when it comes to level is the biggest issue.

3 Likes

Have you ever played a battle royal?

1 Like

You can change them in the starting area. Escape → Options → Action Bars.

There is a daily quest, it seems - and the Captain Orders that give 250 per match, but still slow. I think they need to at least cut the required plunder in half, if not more. You can get matches right now where you just barely scrape together 200 plunder before you get jumped. 5-10 matches of this for 1 level isn’t fun.

2 Likes

I’m talking about the controls for the Battle Royale, I didn’t stay long enough to find a “start area” before I was thrown in on a parrot

1 Like

Ok,I did 4 matches. No thank you.This is stupid. In 3 of the matches,I was dead in ~15 seconds,without even knowing what the actual **** is happening. No.

13 Likes

Yes, you can change these controls. Press Escape when you’re in the staging area, before you parachute down into Arathi. I didn’t check if you can do this in the battle zone, though. The changes persist, so you only have to do it once. I bound everything to more convenient keys and mouse butons.

2 Likes