Tried the new event - nope

fair enough, I’m not into Battle Royale so I’ll be skipping this now anyway
If the controls had been better from the get go, I may have stayed longer, but honestly if I’d read up that it was Battle Royale from the start, I’d not have even clicked on it :smiley:

1 Like

I don’t think being level 10 would help me beat anyone.

this is just not my kind of game. I die any time I face someone else. I can’t play this.

7 Likes

I try to follow the strat with being at the edge of map/storm and just trying to get 500 booty before I die :rofl:

It still is not fun through. I do hope for some tweaks. At least the level removal.

2 Likes

I have never experienced such disgust towards new “content” added. I kind of understand now why they wanted to keep it secret until the very last minute.

It is highly frustrating to even attempt to survive and all the rewards are locked behind a long tedious grind which counts on you winning or atleast ending up in the top 10 to get 400+ rep. I absolutely hate pvp and avoid it like the plague in WoW so being forced into it just makes it even more dreadful.

And yes I understand I dont have to participate but as an avid collector I feel the need to force myself through it. But I might actually have to give up on this one.

Please add a PvE mode or boost the rep gained by a tenfold (even when you lose the game).

Sorry for the rant, happy for you people who enjoy it though I just wish it could be enjoyed by more people. :dracthyr_shrug:

13 Likes

If they want to make a Battle Royale game fine but don’t pull these stupid stunts where they basically make rewards for WoW which means we all have to grind it or forego all the mounts, pets, tendies etc.

This can be a standalone game for all I care for those that like this kind of thing. But I’m hating every minute I’m having to spend in this long farm to 40 for my wow rewards.

19 Likes

Only strat i found is to the captains order as soon as you can and just hope you last long enough, 250 is still better than 10 plunder lol. God i hate this.

4 Likes

Also remember we pay via game TIME it is our TIME here that is not being respected.

5 Likes

I’m doing the same, try to do Captain’s Order before I die, the one I struggle with the most is the collect one. Opening chests doesn’t seem to clock it off per se. I don’t really know what that one wants.

But providing I am no where near another player and can do the rest of the tasks set I’m usually able to complete before dying.

4 Likes

Zero respect for my time, honestly.

If it’s not launching a new game then this should have actually been something in WoW. Preferably not PVP related in any way but something I do on my actual character completing tasks in the actual game.

I’m really trying not to be negative but I’m so peed off.

12 Likes

Im dying as soon as i meet another player too
2 hours in and i. Still renow 1
Im out…
Total waste of time.
I rather buy the mog for RL cash than this BS

And the interview with the developers
So cringe worthy

I feel they either didnt fire the right ppl or fired enough ppl

How is a casual player with limited time to play enjoy this bs storm

If this is a preview of how things will be im wow…i fear for the future…

15 Likes

Because they’re so cute? :smiley:

I’ve managed renown 3 so far.

A friend said it’s 2500 per level and we have 40 levels.

1 Like

My eyes started bleeding after playing a few games and realising how slow the progression through the renown grind is

It bled again when I checked out the renown window and realised there are 40 level to grind :rofl:

10 Likes

Well, actually, I feel that is one of the better parts. I mean, in theory, that makes it easier to balance the abilities and easier to play (you only have 7 buttons, three of which are a basic attack, a movement skill, and a potion). In practice, though, that isn’t the case. There are a handful of abilities that are much better than the others, and you have zero control over whether or not you get them in a match.

I think the Duo mode is probably better than the Solo mode, just because you can be revived by your partner and you have a better chance that your team gets some good abilities. However, I doubt any of my friends will want to play this, and I think I also want to keep the option open to run into the storm or quit whenever I feel like it without feeling like I abandon someone.

1 Like

It is in game abilities you pick up. So there’s the RNG factor. For those that want to be sweaty there are plenty of guides up to explain the strong ones.

1 Like

It is complete RNG on what abilities drop as they are like pick ups like you would get in Fortnite with guns. If this mode was PVE it could be fun but it being PVP completely kills it for me as it’s luck of the draw you can last 5 seconds or 5 minutes. More often than not its 5 seconds.

3 Likes

Sounds fully dead tbh. Might try one, but I don’t think I can stomach this cringe BR thing. Would have much rather we had a PVE event that I could sit by and farm people in warmode.

If Puny can’t find the positive in this then I think I’m not even going to try it once.
They say an average player can earn 500 per game, so that’s 200 games for an average player.

Firstly, gamers and devs tend to over-estimate the Average Player. They probably think the Average Player takes 20 goes at the Mage Tower.
I think the Average Player can’t even do the Mage Tower.

And I’m far below an Actual Average Player so I’d likely earn no plunder in most games, unless there is a bare minimum.

12 Likes

I think the most frustrating thing, besides RNG, is when you fight someone for 2 minutes, you both are are at 10% and then a 3rd player with full HP comes and kills you both with 1 spell.

5 Likes

iv gave it another try and im sorry i just cant do it, the same map, the same music, the same handful of abilities, everyone’s a pirate, for hundreds of matches absolutely not sorry i cannot do it.

8 Likes