Tried the new event - nope

How much plunder did you earn for that?

Other crossover things such as Hearthstone (original crossover), and HoTS, were fine – because you literally could play it against bots and get progress for it basically while being in tutorial mode.

This is not appealing to majority of players; Casuals or people who want to chill; or people who respect their own time.
Generally, not zoomer-pvp focused people.

8 Likes

I don’t like everything that Blizzard does. Contrary to what a minority think that I just hype up and am positive about everything Blizz does. But I would encourage people to try it for themselves first. Don’t be put off by me who hates Battle Royales and this is like my personal hell.

Do make up your own mind.

2 Likes

Try it, it’s fun, but I really think it’ll get stale pretty quickly.

And 40 renown to grind, let me tell you they’re completely out of their mind.

I must’ve played something like 8-10 games, and I’m still renown 2.

2 Likes

I am genuinely curious how well received it is. Because participation stats only show that people did it. Plenty there like me who are just slogging through the rewards never to darken it’s door again.

1 Like

I am a collector; and I cba even AFKing this event considering it takes — SOOOO — long, and you basically get nothing while afk either.
I tried a game; Was at 1057 - AFK/Hid and ended up top 3 somehow by doing this; Ended game at 1555.
It’s just sluggish, even if you miraculously get top 10.

2 Likes

Can you even afk it?

I did. I hid entire game.

I got to top three once doing the hide game but I didn’t get much out of doing it.

The biggest issue I see here, is people are thinking of PS in the lens of traditional WoW, frankly its an entirely different game, that just happens to give you rewards in WoW.

If you play it like PVE or PVP in WoW you’ll die pretty quick. Now, are people wrong for looking at it in the lens of traditional WoW? Not really, it is after all a patch feature for WoW.

Its the video game equivalent of a backdoor pilot - It feels very much designed for controller (I have been playing it with controller) and have come in the top 5 in all the games I’ve played.

on its own, as an individual experience i actually quite like it, its different. As a patch for WoW? mmm… yeah maybe not.

1 Like

I mean I wrote exactly what I got from it:
I was at 1057 - It ended at 1555.

The game is just crap.

I wasn’t trying to imply you were a mindless shill but generally you seem to find the positives where they can be found.

I won’t be trying this until they decide that players need incentivising more and 10x the amount of Plunder rewarded.
If more of us decide that we’re not going to grind their tedious slog until the rewards are improved then maybe they’ll start to increse the Plunder. They massively increased Anima when players started leaving SL in droves.

Oh no that wasn’t aimed at you. It didn’t take long for one of those types to post about me in another thread :wink:

I would genuinely hate to put anyone off. I think the mode is garbage, I think making us take part to get rewards in WoW is garbage.

Battle Royale is not something I have ever enjoyed, but now I have to or forego wow rewards. :dracthyr_cry_animated:

That’s as politely as I can put it within the rules of the forum :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

6 Likes

I’m having Emperor Shaohao vibes.

2 Likes

It’s an optimistic estimate, true. The first game per day will give you more than this, but follow up matches yield less. There is always a quest for 250 plunder, which sometimes can be done and sometimes can’t be done. If you land in an area with many plunder piles and elites, and no other players, you can get 500+ reliably, but you can also just end a run with 100 plunder. A lot of it is just RNG.

The PvP portion feels unsatisfying because of the RNG. Combat generally feels very clunky, too. I got to top 10 once, got killed by someone two levels higher, and after that I started to just go for 400-500 plunder before running into the storm. Running around and trying to PvP for the chance of getting more isn’t time efficient (it’s a time-limited event after all).

3 Likes

I do empathise.
I am fortunate in that I can forego such rewards. I never did Mage Tower so I don’t have those rewards and never will.
It helps that I don’t know what the rewards are. I don’t really want to know since I likely won’t ever get them. Out of Sight, out of Mind (like the Invisible Idiot)

Hopefully the more unique rewards will end up on Trading Post.

Yup, thats the biggest problem.

If this weren’t a limited time event then I might have done this every day for 240 days assuming queue times weren’t horrendous.
I leveled my rogue 60 to 70 by pet battles, 1 a day for months. This is a strategy I can live with. But the event won’t be here for 240 days, not that the queue times would have been tolerable for that long anyhow.

1 Like

mmm look here.

dunno if is a good choice

not really as most people just do keys for them or are already redundant on crests.