Troll RPers - What tribe do you RP as and why?

Darkspear. Oddly enough I wasnt a big fan of them at the start, because of the Carribean, pot smoking, mushroom abusing Voodoo meme at first, but they grew on me.

Their story is one of life kicking you in the nuts. First evicted out off Stranglethorn, then First Home and the Darkspear islands. And even after that people still tried to kick them around the place, even their own allies at one point.

It makes for a very interesting perspective to play around with, especially also considering the “Family” they now share with the rest of the Horde. Life is Unfair to the Darkspear but they keep rising. To add to that the Vol’jin Novel and his shortstories are some of my favourite WoW Reads and they give great insight into how the tribe thinks and works.

I just wished Blizzard would try to depict the culture of their tribe a bit more ingame. Their connection to the Loa is hardly noticable and with BfA the Zandalari somewhat hogged the whole theme for themselves. Where is the Loa damned Bwonsamdi shrine on the Echo Isles Blizzard? He IS their patron Loa afterall.

Aside from that. They are fairly unique within the Horde, as their believes are somewhat similiar to those of Orcs and Tauren, but their methods are darker, covered in superstition and cruel practices. (also something I’d wish more projected in the game. The Horde assault on Drustvar gives a taste of what “Voodoo” can do)

They are the ultimate underdog. The cunning savages. The mystics, shrouded in vague and dark magics. The people that will never bow down. The tribe that just wont die.

In that spirit. “Darkspear nevah die.”

3 Likes

I wish the Horde would just hurry up and recruit all the trolls already! Need my forest troll character!

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Revantusk_Village

I meant so we can play them, scrawny forest troll hurts me.

Oh as race or visual, well you can always do the prism trick.

Not the same, arnt you just stuck with the NPC gear at that point?

its closest i can get you i’m afraid.

I think we will atleast get the Raventusk eventually. You know we are getting the Wild hammer dwarves at some point, when we do Revantusk make a perfect mirror for Horde side.

Revantusk should be added as new skin options for Trolls since they are such a easy recolor.

1 Like

It’s not actually just a re-colour job, check out some of the newer models, they look more like orcs.

Fine, we’ll stick a couple of tusks on some Orcs and be done with it.

https://imgur.com/v7Zt69q

Me not dat kinda troll

4 Likes

Ion is going to slap a 15 euro tag on that.

2 Likes

I’d legit pay it too, not bad Croecell!

1 Like

thanks!

Should’ve made the head a little bigger, but it was either post it in five minutes to make the joke, or make a masterpiece and miss the timing for the punchline.

Yes! Still a bit salty that it seems like Bwonsamdi is now more connected to the Zandalari, and thus more concerned with their tribe, than of the Darkspear who he was meant to be all about. I dunno if Blizz forgot about it or just decided they liked Zandalari more and wanted to give them something else.

1 Like

We kinda forgot about Bwonsamdi and the Darkspear…

1 Like

Yeah, in BFA the Zandalari pretty much took the entire spotlight when it comes to trolls.

2 Likes

Should have had Rokhan going with us into the Necropolis and bargain for the deal. But nah.

1 Like

The only good Troll is a dead Troll. And I’m not talking about Death Knights.