Troll RPers - What tribe do you RP as and why?

I’m genuinely curious about the tribes y’all are RPing and what is the reason for it! Like, what made you so interested in rping a troll of that particular tribe?

I currently have two main RP characters, one being a Zandalari and the other one being a Darkspear. I gotta admit, what made me RP a Zandalari at first was how awesome they looked, and how every set of armour seems to be perfectly tailored to them, just like humans. Also, a piece of trivia - Zandalari are one of the few races that managed to control arcane alongside shadow, which made it a really good pick for RPing a scholar character(especially given that scholars are a vital part of the Zandalari caste system).

I also RP as a Darkspear because of how cool and tribal their culture is, also the nostalgia from Warcraft 3 xD and how badass they’ve been throughout the lore despite the small size of their tribe. Also the slav squat animation is absolutely superior.

Looking forward to read y’all replies :smiley:

3 Likes

Zandalari, I always liked their lore and the Aztec vibe. I never RPed a character as arrogant and confident as my Zandalari Khag’maku. Besides, who doesnt like playing pillar men theme as they march down the unimaginable amount of steps and look dowm upon the less-…co-inhabitants of Azeroth.

4 Likes

Darkspear all the way. Underdog exiled tribe who beat the odds to become one of the most formidable forces in the Horde.
It is great to play from a tribe that is so adaptable as it gives you so much freedom in terms of what they learn, who they are, what they believe…

Ah. I love them.

3 Likes

Played the usual Darkspear once, due to loving the islander vibes they go with topped with their way of magic being almost exclusive to any other Horde race in comparison. But never really stuck through with it, more or less bumping back and forth with it.

When Zandalari came out, I was well into them. After wishing on seeing them playable during Thunder Isle patch, I was so happy to see a story of them becoming a theme. I love the general theme of them!

1 Like

I play as a Zandalari because I have loved their aesthetic ever since they began with the Aztec theme in MoP onwards. In MoP they also showed us that Zandalari Prelates exist, which is a thing I couldn’t have wanted more at the time. Because who doesn’t want to be a 3m tall tusked blue man wielding divine power? (Also it finally gave the Horde a paladin race I could accept. Come at me Sunwalkers and Blood Knights.)

1 Like

VENGEANCE FOR ZUL’JIN!
Loved Amani and how badass they were, especially their leader. They were the first trolls who were shown in Warcraft too. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’d echo Watrus both in choice and reason. They are the ultimate ‘create a story’ tribe.

I wanted to love the Zandalari, was hyped for them. But then they ended up being a Wakanda forever meme and had none of the appeal that made the Darkspear so inherently interesting. So Darkspear all the way. More so now we’re led by a stabby happy Egyptian.

2 Likes

I have a darkspear, 2 revantusks and 4 zandalari.

I have always had a soft spot for trolls in wow and I like how different the tribes are. From the grand, golden pyramids of the zandalari, to the exiled islander vibes of the darkspear, all the way to the savage forest trolls of the revantusk.

Also, I like Zul’jin too, but the amani are hostile to the horde, so revantusk it is.

2 Likes

Frostmane. (By birth at least)
I just love the concept of ice trolls. Not so much the Drakkari, but the ones over in Dun Morogh, locked in constant battle with dwarves and gnomes. Stalking through snow covered conifer forests, hunting and picking off dwarves that wandered too far off.

3 Likes

Tribeless because I got kicked out of the Darkspear for being a naughty boy.

1 Like

Man I miss the Kaiju Tribe! Screw the hand of conquest!

My favorite would have to be the Drakkari/Frost trolls, they have the most interesting Loa story by far, what happend to the Drakkari, was insane.

I really like the Moss flayer tribe aswell, it’s like they are living in a post apocalyptic world by themselves.

2 Likes

I was wondering how long it would take us to get mentioned. :blush:

4 Likes

yo rude dude

You wernt there Tehya! You wernt there!

sorry it wasn’t us gunning for the kaiju tribe.

it was for trolls both in and outisde of the Hand of Conquest… :gun:

1 Like

I remember… The Great Troll purge…

2 Likes

We’ve actually had a handful of events for a Kaiju tribe revival on the weekends over the past month. It’s slow going since most of the members are busy Alliance side, but I’ve had a blast the few times we’ve gathered.

1 Like

I agree that Amani are absolutely badass, Blizzard did Zul’jin dirty :triumph:

1 Like

Revantusk, underdog tribe you don’t see very often, allies of the Horde though far enough to justify your character knowing the faction just from their parents’ stories and interactions with few outposts like in Arathi or the Forsaken as a whole, before setting off to the far away land of Kalimdor to find their own place in this new war.

Zandalari for their aesthetics, pride of the falling empire and now quite unique relations with Horde and the Alliance (Hey! Finally someone being victim of Alliance agression that was both recent and unprompted) as well as other non-Horde troll tribes.

1 Like

I went a lill strange way and made an own tribe for one of mine that I call “Speakstone”; peaceful cave-dwellers that spend most their times collecting stories and scribe legends into the endless cave walls so that some deeds may never be forgotten.
I got the idea from reading about the Shadowtooth clan (a clan that did not become night elves), thought made them jungleish trolls instead of dark trolls since dark trolls are so rare. :smile:

3 Likes