Troll RPers - What tribe do you RP as and why?

I rp a jungle and zandalari troll

jungle because of the more primitive and voodoo theme

zandalari because of the aztec vibe

2 Likes

Btw Sko. If you want an invite to Kaijus discord, pop online at some point and I’ll hook you up. (edit: Actually just check the guild info. The invitation in there is probably a non-expiring one.)

(To the rest of the thread. Sorry for the off topic stuff. Really wish for private messages on here at times like this.)

2 Likes

I don’t know about the rest but personally I think I belong to the Forum Troll Tribe.

2 Likes

I usually play Alliance, but the Zandalari are appealing to me… more than Kul Tiras, to be honest. So might make a Zandalari troll once I actually unlock them.

I will say, the accent the Trolls have always undermines any level of seriousness they might have for me. Poor Vol’jin’s death scene…

Sadly I cant jump online right now, my account has been unsubbed for abit. Still I would like that invite if you can figure out a way to get it to me, would like to get back in contact with you guys, do plan on coming back soon.

1 Like

No problem. I can give you an invite on battle net. My account is (Redacted. Mission complete)
(Had to repost, forgot to do the reply properly. I really hate the forum messagin sometimes.)

Darkspear. Started off as a Darkspear when I started out in RP, haven’t changed since. I like that they’ve went from being hunted to being one of the most feared Tribes in the world.

Darkspear forever!

2 Likes

Darkspear.
They just seem the best and coolest choice to me due to their seemingly natural bond to Bwonsamdi, the loa of death, and their whole mentality of “Darkspear neva’ die!” Not to mention it seems that every other tribe has made a mistake or had their backside kicked in some way or another.

Their close bond with the Horde also shows how forward thinking they are then most other tribes as well as unlike other races in the Horde their history has been always on the right side.

1 Like

I was set on what I wanted to play as soon as I learned of Akunda. It’s fascinating to explore why a character would willingly accept a total reset of their life and memories.

3 Likes

Darkspear was my choice because their 30 odd years of change are so detailed yet unexplored. The perilous crossing of the sea in primitive ships and leaving Stranglethorn is for instance a memory that any Darkspear past 27-33 years old should have, given they were old enough to form memories.

Then there’s the prospect of an island tribe. It’s sometimes hard to explore in-game at times, with people having different interpretations, but coming from a relatively large island society myself, I can only imagine how close-knit a small island society would be. It’s a case of everyone would know everyone. Granted, the numbers of the tribe are held purposefully ambiguous by Blizzard - probably because we have more Troll players in the world than would be realistic for the actual tribe.

But in a way it’s fun to play numbers with the Darkspear tribe, as well. Between Stranglethorn exile, the sea, the witch and her murlocs, the Third War and everything from Vanilla to present – all in 33 years – there hasn’t been a lot of new generations to make up for the dwindling population. The “Darkspear neva’ die” notion strikes me as amiably bullheaded then, and something with roots in a real concern: they’re fewer than before.

This is the kind of thing I wish would inspire more Darkspear teen characters coping with the necessity of being on a battlefield they are not yet experienced enough for. I don’t judge anyone for not making one, teen characters can unsurprisingly be a complicated mess to RP, but I’d just love to see the real consequences of one of the smaller tribes’ constant strife. For someone to show that, instead of telling it - that’d be cool.

And, at the end of the day, they are the underdogs. There’s a reason most my characters are on the Horde in the first place.

1 Like

Firetree tribe, I like the dark horde :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.