Tuning hotfixes coming today - 22 October

As we developed patch 11.0.5, we made some changes for Arcane Mage and Frost Death Knight that were intended to mostly be quality-of-life improvements. After further analysis and feedback, it’s clear that without additional adjustments, these two specs would gain substantial buffs.

Today, we’re making tuning changes via hotfixes to offset the extra gains in throughput.

Death Knight

• Blood

• Deathbringer: Reaper’s Mark initial and stacking damage reduced by 22%.
    • Deathbringer: Exterminate damage reduced by 22%.
    • Deathbringer: Wave of Souls damage reduced by 22% (does not apply to PvP combat).
  • Frost

• Deathbringer: Reaper’s Mark initial and stacking damage reduced by 22%.
    • Deathbringer: Exterminate damage reduced by 22%.
    • Deathbringer: Wave of Souls damage reduced by 22% (does not apply to PvP combat).
    • Obliterate damage reduced by 6% (does not apply to PvP combat).
    • Breath of Sindragosa damage reduced by 10%.
    • Icy Death Torrent damage reduced by 12% (does not apply to PvP combat).

Mage

• Arcane
    • Sunfury: Spellfire Sphere spell damage bonus for Arcane Mages reduced to 1% (was 2%).
    • Sunfury: Lingering Embers spell damage bonus for Arcane Mages reduced to 1% (was 2%).
    • Sunfury: Glorious Incandescence Arcane Barrage damage bonus reduced to 20% (was 30%).
    • Sunfury: Mana Cascade now grants 0.5% Haste for Arcane Mages (was 1%).
    • Spellslinger - Splintering Orbs Splinter generation cap per orb reduced to 4 for Arcane Mages (was 6).
    • Arcane Blast damage reduced by 10%.
    • Arcane Barrage damage reduced by 10%.

We’re also planning tuning for other specs, to be implemented with weekly maintenance next week (30 October), and we’ll have more specifics to share on that in a few days.

2 Likes

Literal every tank is overaggroing on a blood dk and you nerf them
Do you play the game? I have to dmg stop in my mainraid because of that with my vdh/warrior

First time Im beyond disappointment as tank player with this dev decisions

9 Likes

As usual good job ignoring classes that actually DO need some tuning.

7 Likes

please buff feral druid

9 Likes

Hopefully you guys don’t forget about Feral’s existence again. Spec is in dire shape especially in single target.

5 Likes

Give ferals some love, we don’t have any areas in which we excel, our st is meh even when going full st builds. Druid class tree is still horrible as well.

4 Likes

Pls fix your balance Team. Why do you nerf Sanlayn BDK and Deathbringer BDK when BDK is doing the lowest DMG of all the tanks???

3 Likes

Please remember about Ferals :cat2:

7 Likes

Huh? A hotfix to classes you changed in the patch you just released (US side)?

What on earth are you guys doing? That should have been sorted during the regular 11.0.5 development? What’s going on, how could they miss such a major required adjustment :s

1 Like

Feral? WW monk? Shadow priest? All 3 warlock specs?

3 Likes

They don’t care about PvP, don’t bother :wink:

It’s nice they are responding to feedback, but it’s kind of worrying they seem to have no clue how certain specs are performing in their own game.

They were buffing these specs only a day or so ago, specs that were already performing very well, until people pointed out that was a rather bizarre decision.

It makes you wonder what is going on with tuning and how that could happen in the first place.

1 Like

Getting a 15%-20% Nerf in San’lyan wasn’t enough now they also Nerf Deathbringer

At this Point I’m 100% convinced that the Balance Team does Not know what they are doing

8 Likes

Any news on removing the +7 affix it’s a pure pain in the backside. Dying is bad enough of a punishment on tight timers.

Ouch, I felt that Obliterate nerf :face_with_head_bandage:

Nerf fury warriors one more time for memes moment.

2 Likes

Someone at Blizzard needs to double check that the data they’re collecting is actually correct. Because the amount of braindead out of pocket changes I’d read and seen since the launch of TWW is actually quite impressive.

3 Likes

Here is a hint - if you want make Blood San’layn more representation - you should buff San’layn instead of trying to make Deathbringer as bad.

5 Likes

No, they Just Nerf both so that noone plays Blood

2 Likes

Sadly they are mandatory on a few mythic bosses

but yea underplayed in m plus, doing lowest dmg in the raid better nerf dmg