Twinking is CHEATING

Twinks are destroying PvP. Destroying it.

Constantly we have players AFKing & leaving BGs entirely because there’s no point playing. And I don’t blame them, not for a second.
It is KILLING low level PvP. As a PvP-oriented player I find myself not wanting to queue on alts because it’s a waste of my time. It’s not fun. It never will be fun for anyone with twinks allowed.

I put it to you that twinking is literally CHEATING, no different to getting an aimbot in an FPS game. It takes away any real chance of competition or even retaliation.

It’s bad sportsmanship, it’s unbeatable, and it’s against the spirit of PvP:

When I queue for PvP I sign up for a battle against willing opponents where we all play to have fun. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, but everyone can have a good time. Nobody can have a good time with twinks around. They’re a conscious decision to take away the fun of every other player but themselves and it’s disgraceful.

Imagine being a new player, coming into your first BG (was hideous enough with heirloom vs starter gear but that’s another issue) and getting oneshotted by a premade of level 19s, with no chance of retaliation. That guy’s gonna quit PvP or even the entire game.

To twinks I say this: If you want to cheat and feel like a god or whatever stupid reason you have; go play a singleplayer game where you aren’t ruining the enjoyment of everyone else who signed up to play this; a multiplayer game. It’s supposed to be fun for everyone, not just you.

11 Likes

I used to think that about Twinks.

…but now I don’t see how it’s any different from a freshly dinged 120 getting demolished by a 415ilvl pve hero. I’m starting to see the appeal of having a char to just log in & bg without having to constantly chase a carrot-on-a-stick in pve to stay competitive in pvp.

10 Likes

If you see twink in your BG, they are actually cheating by abusing bug to play with non twinks. Its a very fresh bug from what I gather.
Twinks are separated and only play with other twinks. Unless they abuse the bug I mentioned.
So hopefully blizzard doesn’t cuck out of this one (how they banned xp potion stackers but didnt ban pots stackers from earlier) and bans these people. They are ruining exp for others.

1 Like

@Nokiya it is not ‘fresh’ it has always existed in the game. The so called bug.

1 Like

is it? only recently did I notice any twinks. And its actually an exploit you have to meddle with UI to trick the game into thinking your XP is not locked.

Or it’s a throw-away twink. A character that used some cheap enchants on his levelling gear for an easy advantage.

How exactly is having a slight advantage due to time spent on your character ruining the game for somebody else? Want to outlevel the 10-19 bracket? That’ll take you 30 minutes. Outlevel 20-29? another 30 minutes. You can easily get away from low level battlegrounds.

The twink however, can’t do anything else because the point of that character is to see how strong you can make a low level characters. And if Blizzard should ban people for “ruining the experience of somebody else”, then you should receive a forum ban for ruining my experience. Reading your post really was a waste of my time.

“Twinks are destroying low level pvp!!!” people cried for 12 years. Looks like low level PVP is still going fine?

No, you don’t. You turn your exp back on, then you sign up for a battlegrounds. You then open up the “turn your exp off tab” and type “/click StaticPopup1Button1” out ready. Once you press enter battleground, you enter that script before you get teleported in. That script simply presses the “no exp please” button for you, a lot faster than you’d normally be able too.

If you’re going to cry about something, at least make sure you know what you’re crying about.

2 Likes

Because they have way more health than others and do x2 the damage and healing others do. Found the twinker.
“You dont need to meddle with UI just meddle with UI by using this macro function to exploit the game”.
My dude, do you hear yourself? You are delusional.
Ban hammer for you soon I hope.

2 Likes

@Nokiya Yes, it has. But it is more visible now because now it is neccesairely, since it wasn’t since pre-legion, since twinks and non twinks were merged completely normally in legion and BFA until 8.1.5 (last patch). And it is also some false rumour that it is a “macro hack” or something. You don’t need any macro to simply click join and click disable after each other. I’ve used my mouse to do it many times. It isn’t even hard at all, just two mouse clicks. Explain me how that is hacking? I am not changing anything in the UI or using any macros, scripts or addons or what not. I am just trying to play the game still and play twinks. You know until 8.1.5 all this hazzle wasn’t neccesary, and doing this you lose 20 gold per bg as well and you have to be fast to be near the eliminator guy when the queue pops so you are not as ‘free’ as before. It is much easier to be a non-twink when queuing now. I have to forfeit duels now to make the queue which isn’t so convenient. Anyways, I hope you understand there isn’t any rocket science or ‘cheating’ in this. At least I can ensure you that the amount of twinks in most brackets in the bgs since 8.1.5 have drastically been reduced, even if they know about this ‘work around’ they simply don’t bother to play a game requiring you to do this hazzle to play and chose to unsub instead and now play other games or whatever / waiting for classic.
By the way all the macro does is accepting a popup window for you. It exists for many other things, like a macro to accept the “trade button” in the trade window, or a way to optimize making enchanting scrolls etc. More about that in how to create macros in wow.

Its not even max level lmao

Just like at max level lmao

2 Likes

Twinking isn’t a single bracket. Twinks at 19 and 29 have significantly more health than other characters because of engineering items and most importantly; having every slot filled. The difference between a 19 twink now and a lvl19 non-twink is absolutely nothing compared to what it was like back in the day.

Each time you level up and reach a new bracket, the “twink meta” changes and so does their power. The last twinks I played were lvl59, where I had 500 health more than a non-twink. That’s 10% difference, that’s nothing worth crying about.

My damage however, was around 3 times more than a non-twink. Why? Because some items were utterly broken with BfA’s level scaling; this made items like Sul’thraze and Ramstein’s trinket hit way higher than they were supposed to; those things have all been nerfed.

Perhaps you should learn to read? I know that 2 whole paragraphs is a lot for people like you, but I really didn’t write that much. I originally said an exploit isn’t needed to get into a battleground, which it isn’t. People can easily use throw-away twinks.

I then told you how the “normal” twinks could get into battlegrounds. That doesn’t mean I do it myself, my subscription has been inactive since November.

I proof read everything that I write, you should do the same.

Blizzard aren’t going to ban people from an already dwindled population just to stop you from crying. The main reason for that is that you’re simply going to find a different reason to cry. If twinks go, you’ll cry about longer queues, you’ll cry about low level PVP balance, or you’ll cry about Russians.

The simple reality is that you’re a whiner and there’s absolutely nothing that’s going to make you happy.

And as a last comment, if you’re going to respond; give me something worth reading. Basically, the absolute opposite of your entire " 6 post" history.

2 Likes

Addressing the comment(s) of “But at max level there are people with better gear than you.”

Yes, at max level we are ALL competing for gear. During levelling most people just want to level up and use the gear they have at the time: greens, blues, heirloom, occasional epics. That is a very significant difference to fully maxed out BIS equipment with enchants etc.

I’m not going to address whether it’s an issue at max level that people have better gear than you in BGs because it’s a different topic.

Having people with 2-4x your stats in battlegrounds to the point you cannot fight them IS killing levelling PvP.
You’re gonna find yourself playing alone after the rest of us quit from being unwilling to play with cheaters.

imagine anyone reading a wall of text by exploiter trying to justify his exploiting
nah dude.

If twinking was disabled, you’d literally have that on EVERY ALT you play.

You don’t need to have horrendously busted stats for that if nobody else does.

Imagine being as stupid as you.

If twinking was removed (like it was in Legion), we’d go back to people crying about certain classes and specs being OP in certain brackets, we’d also have people crying about healers and premades.

Twinks are just a scapegoat here, just something else to complain about. Twinking was disabled in WoTLK, through Cata, through MoP and Pandiarrhea, through Warlords and through Legion; people in low level battlegrounds just complained about something else instead.

Depends entirely on which posts you’re reading. Noface is upset and ranting about an aspect of the game that he dislikes. Nokiya’s brain is about the same as some incest child from Texas, and I’m arguing with them both.

1 Like

To bypass the experience lock BG queue, by removing the experience lock and reactivating it are an exploit. Since the intention behind the seperate BG queues was to keep twinks seperated from characters who are leveling up. It don’t matter if you use a macro or simply clicking yourself forward. Breaking the intentions of a feature are an exploit, regardless of what you or anyone else feel about twinks, low level BG’s etc. Seriously F-your feels.

However I doubt there will be a ban wave for this, hopefully they will implement a fix for this exploit soon.

classic is coming out soon anyway who cares. If you are new to CS you will also get oneshot all the time by the experienced players. THat’s life

if you thinking twinking is bad now, just wait for classic and you will se almost immortal twinks sooner or later.

2 Likes

get a load of this triggered exploiter lmao :joy:

Damn, do you really think that better geared people “Destroying” PvP? Problem is a players which doesn’t know how to play BG and win it. I loosed a lot of games with twinks in my team. If you’re playing with friends or heallers (heallers is way more unbalanced rather twinks) you can easily win 85% of BG. I can remember when 2x 119 boomkins with 333-343 doesnt impact any damage against 2 holy paladins and leaved after 10 minutes of BG

At no point did I say I was an exploiter. Triggered? Perhaps. I’ll admit that people being completely incapable of reading really gets my goat.

But as I said; inbred Texas child.