Twinks and BG/Skirmish brackets

Why are twink BGs/skirmishes split into two brackets? Why ruin the fun for twinks? The queues never pop and the only thing to do is duel and there are no one to duel… Please just make it so the exp and non-exp brackets are connected again. It’s a part of the game and another thing to do when you’re bored on your max level character.

8 Likes

Fun for twinks is not fun for others. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

There are so few twinks and a LOT of people leveling - no reason to be upset if you meet one once in a while IMO.

4 Likes

This pretty much ^^

Blue post regarding separate queues…

Thats nice, but what about at 120 and ungeared players getting raped by 420 ilevel players?

5 Likes

Well first of all there isn’t really that many twinks compared to people leveling. Secondly I just looked at your 120 paladin with ilvl 416; when I get 120 and want to get gear by doing PvP how much fun do you think I’ll have? 70k hp and crappy dmg vs a 226k hp and crazy dmg fully geared paladin? Probably not as much fun as you, BUT that’s life and I would GLADLY get owned in BGs by some fully geared players because I know they have put in a lot more work than I have (which is exactly the same as with twinks).

5 Likes

I honestly preferred when PvP had it’s own gear and vendors.

I’m not really into PvP which you’ll see by my achievements or the severe lack of in that area.

Edit - I dabble occasionally is probably the best description.

1 Like

Ohh god I completely agree with that! Would never consider twinking if the old PvP vendors was the go-to way for getting (PvP) gear!

Sorry Puny the simple fact is that twinks are no longer demi-gods in the majority of brackets.

There are outliners , 10 - 19, 20 - 29, 59 , and 110 notably.

Rather than simply locking us out of BG’s and in my case stopping in the region of 50 toons being able to enter a BG, they could have made a better system of disabling items in the lower level BG’s ( Trinkets / Rings @ 10 -19 , Trinkets @ 20 - 29, Gem sockets @ 59 ) to give a better balance.

They haven’t all together separated Twinks from “normal” BG’s either, notably level 20 Starter accounts and level 20 Vet accounts both go into the XP on queue. Same at 110 where non BfA 110’s meet BfA 110 twinks ……

I have posted at least 3 times a direct comparison between 2 39 MW monks, one in looms and with it’s Gear enchanted vs an XP off 39 Twink MW. The difference is in secondary stat optimization. No doubt the Twink is stronger, but the difference is not that much that couldn’t be beaten.

The reaction to revert the queues, was imo, a gut reaction to a problem that was minimal at the best, without actually fixing the issue at all in the 20 - 29 bracket, and at 110.

We hear two different stories from the twinks and the players who don’t twink.

However, we are not the ones in control and it looks like they are clamping down on twinking in other areas of the game too now.

It’s strange that they didn’t do that in Legion with the 101 twink boosting.

I can’t wait to see the whine threads when some troll signs up with XP OFF just to slow people’s levelling, as specially since groups can’t even see who has their xp turned off.

This. Crying about twinks not being able to have fun is ironic.

2 Likes

It isn’t ironic at all. Arleinaa has posted two links to two characters; one twinked and one in levelling gear. There’s virtually no power difference between them.

Twinks aren’t some magic wrecking ball that plow through entire teams any more. The only bracket where one twink can alter the entire game is at 110, and that is a problem with power scaling when jumping to the latest expansion.

Twinks in every other bracket got hit by the “proc item” nerf; so you don’t see any “Ramstein’s Lightning Bolt crits you for 3500” any more, and you don’t see 1.8k Sul’thraze procs.

2 Likes

Nanny state - fun detected - fun set for removal.

If Blizzard hadn’t made such a pigs ear of scaling and the stat squish, and made leveling such a chore for a % of the playerbase then Twink boosting would never have come about.

Even my relatively badly geared 111 Havoc DH Twink can solo normal BfA dungeon bosses, that to me says either gear scaling is badly implemented and / or the bosses are badly undertuned.

Twink boosting was a thing all through Legion, they did nothing about it until the stats squish came in pre-patch. I think I ran somewhere in the region of 1000 Legion instances on my 101 mainly boosting.

Rather than fix the cause they are patching the solution people use to resolve their issues with the leveling process.

If that applies to all XP Off characters at all levels then I’ve effectively been cut out of PvE group content too, as soon people see who has their XP off it will be insta kick from the group. ( Twink boosting is not a thing below 110 btw. )

I guess trade chat will still be full of people spaming M+, HC raid boosts though, shame they can’t stop that …

1 Like

blizz seems to forget what RPG means in MMORPG of course you can have better chances to kill someone just because you have spent more time and gold to gear your character than the other 5 hours fresh leveled one and many people seems to forget what is 70 days played versus 5 hours played in a MMORPG

Exactly, there’s no reason people shouldn’t be able to twink…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.