Tww is already boring

So you’re saying the selection of different gameplay activities is greater than before? Sure, that can be argued.

But that’s different from claiming that there’s more content, which is not the case. Getting 8 dungeons and 8 raid bosses on launch is less than what we’ve often had in past expansions.

I think WoW has always revolved around the so-called theme park where the point of attraction is to try new rides, not to go on the same ride 1000 times over. We play ARPGs like Diablo IV and Path of Exile for that kind of experience.

1 Like

Yikes. No. How you could said?

TWW are like Legion since same first time WQ and M+ dungeon putted in game.
WoD dont have WQ and M+ before.
Wod are deadly boring for me 10years+ ago where I quitted

Baits used to be believable…

1 Like

Being extremely unhappy with the story and the agenda-push; I fell out of enjoying the expansion very quickly.
I’m focusing more on getting a few keys done (future only with friends), and otherwise I am leveling / farming old stuff.

TWW is just not my version of fun or interesting.

4 Likes

No need to rush things, sit down, listen, enjoy the immersive content. Don’t get caught in the rush created by elitists who just push you towards endgame.

There’s hundreds of achievements, pets etc. you can farm. Just take your time and have fun!

1 Like

Nothing can compare to a much older previous expansion that had no less than ten distinct zones, a floating city sanctuary, a dedicated PvP zone, two quite distinct factions with differing story lines plus one of the greatest stories ever told. So they can create the magic when they try… Maybe they have something else up their sleeve cus there is very little in this expansion that would make me want to replay it. … but then its been pretty much this formula since Wrath. They stopped focussing on the journey a long way back. Now its just a rush to your destination and rinse repeat every day.

5 Likes

Wdym? What did we get the in the past? We even had less at some point. Meanwhile the content got extended, by follower dungeons, delves, solo shuffle and blitz bg. I mean that’s more content per definition, the content also providing higher replayability is just a good extra.

This is a core element of the RPG genre I’d say. Your improve your character and get stronger over time. Obviously it could happen with always more and different content but that’s not worth the money for the devs. Which MMORPG provides more content? WoW is popular for a reason, despite all the issues it has.

If that’s not common sense to you, that’s on you. Do you have any other data you can provide? Feel free to do so.

I’m enjoying WOW for the fact we can now dragonride everywhere. It’s been really fun.

But I’ve found myself more invested in stuff like alts, timewalking and old reps than the actual content. But I really do like the expansion, it feels like a great step in the right direction, it feels fresh, you have a lot of ways to get gear without being pressured. But I don’t feel really connected to many characters like I used to, but I’m gonna give that part time since we’re clearly on a slowburning big story and I really get the feeling Blizzard has cards to be pulled “soon” that will make everything make sense.

While the expansion feels like something is lacking, it feels like it’s just “capped” somehow, and we’re soon gonna get it all like a bomb. I’m with high expectations yes. Specially in the sense that the game is good rn and it’s only gonna get better, not worst.

I think there’s a difference between content and systems.

In Mists of Pandaria we had 9 dungeons on release.
In Warlords of Draenor we had 8 dungeons on release.
In Legion we had 10 dungeons on release.
In Battle for Azeroth we had 10 dungeons on release.
In Shadowlands we had 8 dungeons on release.
In Dragonflight we had 8 dungeons on release.
In The War Within we have 8 dungeons on release.

So in the last 7 expansions we’ve had between 8 and 10 dungeons on release, and the trend in the last 3 expansions is 8 dungeons. Not 10, not 9, but 8. So we’re trending toward consistently less than what we’ve had before – not more.

The same holds true for raid bosses, zones and quests, battlegrounds and arenas, pet battles, and so forth.
It trends toward less.

Then you say we get replayability through systems, like Blitz battlegrounds and follower dungeons – and that’s true, but we also got new systems in earlier expansions. I mean, Legion introduced Mythic+ dungeons and World Quests. So that’s par for the course for any expansion. The War Within doesn’t go beyond the norm here.

Ultimately, the volume of stuff that the expansion adds to the table, is just not very impressive when compared to some of the expansions in the past.

I don’t think it’s satisfying as a player to be told that “it’s not worth the money for the devs”. That doesn’t quell the dissatisfaction or complaint, at all. Quite the contrary I would say.

Sounds like OP doesn’t really understand wow

What’s there to understand? You blast through the leveling, do endgame for initial gearing, and then settle into the weekly grind for the incremental character progression whilst you chop away at your seasonal objectives.

Is there more to it?

2 Likes

Anyone feel like making a dumb twinking squad for something useless?
Like, lock exp and do everything at X level. Something just for fun.

I enjoyed delves when they first came out, it was sort of refreshing. Tier 8 is faceroll easy and there’s no real incentive to do 9-11s. It has quite quickly turned into a checkbox exercise for vault rewards.

Professions, world quests and reputation already feel very obsolete, rewards are just too subpar compared to readily available gear from other sources and they’re all irritatingly time gated by bad game mechanics. Pointless to spend any time on.

The machine maintenance event feels a bit like an insult, unsure what there is to like about that one.

I don’t enjoy the dungeons much this expansion, there’s too many pug unfriendly mechanics that require precise coordination / many one shot mechanics / every trash pack has multiple casters with different abilities. I’d probably enjoy it more in pre-made groups but I don’t want to commit to a community when I’m on the fence about sticking around.

Sometimes I find myself looking forward to farming some wax. Then I realise that says quite a lot.

1 Like

I’m going to agree. even the awakening the machine event is bugged, and aint worth the time considering the chest despawns before you get your rewards, and blizzard has made it clear they couldnt give two sh*ts about the age old bug rearing it’s ugly head yet again.

S1 is most of the time bad in almost every expansion i did play :smiley:

Many people hate s1 because it’s hard or annoying for them
What i noticed over the years that people like to play expansion later down the line when blizzard start showering people with easy high ilvl gear so the content is basically nerfed.

1 Like

You seem to have a different definition for content.
Content for me is what you can play. For you it seems only to be the amount of dungeons and raids. So basically if you see content A with 10 dungeons vs content B with 8 dungeons and 5 delves (just an example), you think content A is bigger. I don’t see it like that, obviously.

So what I call content, you call systems, but system is something completely different to me. A system is the enchanting system, the professions etc but not actual… well… content.

I definitely agree but I also understand the other side. You can’t be paying supermarket prices and expecting a gourmet menu. I always remember how FF14 players got told to play something else, simply because there is literally nothing meaningful to play in the game. I’d say that’s what makes WoW different and why people still play it and the millions of M+ run seem to show that people kinda like it.
Is there something I wish it was better? For sure but as it is right now, I still find WoW by far the best MMORPG out there, unfortunately. I would have dropped it long time ago but there is simply not a single MMORPG out there, that provides the bare minimum of quality I am asking for.

and entire endgame was raid logging.
Lmao.
Don’t even try to argue this, it’s exactly what people do on classic servers, raid logging or pvp, no other content is relevant.

content is literally what is contained inside the game, when people say pve content they mean literally any pve activities that are relevant to gear progression (and not only this to be honest, mage tower in legion was pve activity despite only netting cosmetics to you). dungeons are pve content, raids are pve content, delves are pve content, world quests are pve content, global events are pve content.

On the note about raid bosses - there were certainly more raid bosses in expansions pre df, so much that half of them were tedious badly designed crap or some mechanicless obstacle, fillers, loot pinatas that extended raid time for guilds, the culmination of this game design was sepulcher - tedious phase transitions, boring tedious mechanics, and then compare it to amirdrassil where each boss has SOMETHING, and most of them are really fun and engaging.
I don’t know what to say about nerub’ar palace yet

Well the 0.1% of Mythic raiders blame that titanforging was playing a huge part in world 1st …

That’s right 2 guilds with 50 players removed a nice feature because was playing a huge part in their competition :smiley:

1 Like

For me it’s just volume of stuff.
Isle of Dorn has 283 different quests.
A comparable zone would be Stormsong Valley in Battle for Azeroth. It has 416.

I want volume of stuff. I feel that in this kind of game, a part of the quality is the quantity. And there’s just less of it in The War Within.

Well ye but then again, what is volume? The amount of actual content or a number and if it’s the number, which number. Because you seem to count dungeons vs dungeons but ignore the delves (as example) and say there was more content back then. But none of the numbers adds really up. If you count dungeons + delves from today, we have more. If you say delve is not comparable to a dungeon, ok, sure, I get that. But then you just ignore it as a number kinda completely. So it’s a bit weird…
Content is basically what you can play, it’s not solely dungeons or raids. And we definitely have more of it now than back in the days. I am not sure how someone can actually say otherwise. We can argue about quality of content but for me retails is far ahead in comparison to previous expansions.
I always loved Cata, at least I thought that, and when Cata released I just couldn’t play it… I played… I grinded… I told myself it’s gonna be better with more gear, with tier set etc… it was just crap in the end compared to retail. I got reality checked right there.

Well, I guess you can argue in a sense that that’s content but I wouldn’t. You can say previous expansion had more quests and it might be true, idk I literally couldn’t care less about quests in WoW. But did you also count BfA quests from early S1 and compared it the right way or did you count the BfA quests somewhere later in the expansion?

Well I get that. You like questing, I hate questing. So this completely doesn’t affect me. I like dungeons, I’d like more dungeons but good dungeons, not just something poorly made so it’s in the game to be a +1 number. I think what most people wanted was more content accessibility, like delves and follower dungeons. Stuff like LFR, so you don’t need a guild to see the raid. And compared to back in the days, we simply have an improvement here, in my opinion. (even tho having more content, like different stuff to do, is just a fact)