Tyrande's child

There was hundreds topics about the question, why Malfurion and Tyrande have no children.
Right now when Night Elves have lost many in numbers, they desperately need more children. This is the best time for Tyrande to have a baby.

But let’s think. Currently Tyrande is Night Warrior. She as Elune’s avatar. She holds powers of the Elune in her. So, if she will become pregnant right now, will the baby have some of those powers?
We know that there were Night Warriors before. Maybe this is how Cenarius was created?

I think that can be a very good story for Blizzard writers to evaluate, if Tyrande and Malfurion will have a child right now!

4 Likes

Nah, they probably just another adoptive child. If they would really think about to make a baby right now (a very bad time for that), they would have a new weak point which would an advantage for Sylvanas. Btw. how do you wanna have joy with a chicken man in your bed :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe. In Goldens Elegy book, Tyrande was holding that last baby from Teldrassil. Sounded like she will adopt that child.
But it will be much more interesting if Tyrande will have her own child with some Elune’s powers!

Or let’s her have both. The adopted one will always fill like have less love, and 2 sisters always fights against each others. Some more stories.

That can be also interesting battle inside her head. She will think - should she risk a life of her baby, or should she avoid battles on the front but risk that army will lose without her. Drama.

As a hunter I know that birds knows some tricks. :smiley_cat:

2 Likes

no, please god! no!
The last time Blizzard tried a “super-Child”, Med’an happened.

6 Likes

Given how dangerous the Night Warrior ritual is, I think subjecting an unborn child to that in the womb would be a hideously evil act. Sure, Tyrande has gone vengeful, but she hasn’t gone -evil-. Its the same as people saying “Can Void Elves have children?” “No, Bad! Bad! That is utter Evil, why would you do that to a child?”

I mean it was constantly hammered home during the quest, how dangerous the Night Warrior path was, and that’s what Tyrande is now. That’s what anything in her womb is going to be exposed to before it even has a chance to form its own personality. What would be born would be a monster, assuming it survived at all.

Yeah, its adoption for that couple from now on…

3 Likes

That is some heavy headcanon you got there.

If you do the quests it is -constantly- rammed home how bad and harmful the Night Warrior Ritual can be. I mean it kills a lot of adults outright apparently. So either a child is -not- exposed to those energies, so will be born a Kaldorei as normal, or it -is- exposed to those energies, in which case basically we would be expecting a Foetus to survive a process that kills adults. I mean in the womb. Before it even has formed its personality or developed limbs. That’s how Gestation works. What the mother has, the foetus absorbs.

Do you honestly think Tyrande is evil enough to take that chance?

3 Likes

Everything you just said is your assumption, and a bad one at that. It is said that the ritual is dangerous, specifically in the reagrd that anyone performing it and anyone attending is at risk of dying. It is never stated that the ritual has the ability to alter children.

You are trying to crate rules for a magic system whose rules are entirely defined by what is convinient for the writers. They could easily decide that the ritual in no way affects any potential child borne by the Night Warrior, but would probably never assign any rules to how the tirual affects pregnancy because it is completely irrelevant to the Night Warrior storyline. You have almost certainly put more thought into how the ritul affects infants than Blizzard ever will.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t surprise me to be honest.

Anyway, that is the -point- of this section of the forums. To discuss.

2 Likes

The ritual is dangerous, yes. So if Tyrande was pregnant it might be dangerous to the fetus. But she wasn’t.
And now that Tyrande has the power a newborn would either be infused with said power (like HIV babies) or it wouldn’t have the power (because magic is a tricky thing).
Either way there wouldn’t be a problem.

But…Tyrande does have a daughter; Shandris Feathermoon. Adoptive, sure, but still her daughter.

2 Likes

Nobody cares. She is over 10.000 years old and can take care of herself.

1 Like

We ern’ly care fer babies 'ere, Stren-ger.

2 Likes

Thanks for bringing this topic up.
I was interested in it, but for different reasons, which I will explain later.

I agree.

I disagree.
There’s plenty of time to have a baby when peace returns, which will happen by the end of BfA.
Right now there’s a war going on.
I think Tyrande is needed as a warrior more than a priestess right now.

But I am interested in this topic, because of another reason.
I didn’t brought this up as a topic, because, I was affraid of opening a can of worms.

Can we use Tyrande and Malfurion as a example to show how much the Night Elfs breed ?
I tend to see them in the same light as the Blood Elfs: not very fast, maybe too slow.

If that’s the case than what happen at Teldrassil is not problematic, it is catastrophic for the Night Elf race.

I thought Night elfs were suposed to be battle hardened, extremely experienced, more than a 1000 years, experienced warriors.
I would assume for each 1 of their soldiers killed they would have to kill 10-20 of the normal mortal races in Azeroth.

I took this from a good war:
"Saurfang changed the subject. “You said you have a mate. He is a blacksmith?”
“Yes, High Overlord.”
“Do you have any children?”

“Eight,” Morka said.
Saurfang’s eyes went wide. “Eight! By the spirits … I never had the courage to even try for that (…)"

From this, I conclude Orcs are very consistent in growing as a population and to some extent Humans as well.
For the Humans I took Daelin and Katherine Proudmoore, as an example, they had 3 offsprings: Derek, Jaina and Tandred.

Which than begs the question:
How many Kaldorei children, would have to be generated, just to replenish what was lost, when Teldrassil was burned ?
The same question could be adressed to the other races from both the Alliance and the Horde as well, because all of them suffered terrible losses, in the on going conflicts.

Thanks for your attention.
Cheers.

Well, despite being outnumbered 8-1 in Darkshore WoT they still inflicted heavier losses than received. And that was by predominantly green basic troops with the bulk of the skilled military off to Silithus. They are highly combat skilled, Blizzard just do a bad job of showing it.

1 Like

But what if Tyrande didn’t knew that she has a baby? Like they had a night together with Malfurion in Stormwind when he start to feel better. Good story in Golden’s traditions.
And child survive the ritual because Elune use some protection spell on that child. So this baby will be Elune’s from some part. Demigod of their beloved goddess will lead the nation. Or will become a powerful protector of the Azeroth like Cenarius.
Nice gift from Elune to Night Elves, as a payback.

Aster<PSYCHOSIS>

-I think Night Elves had less children when they were immortal than now. Just remember how crazy Fendral and Liara was, when they lost their single kids. But now I think they do it more often. In Elegy book many kids were mentioned.
Just look on that single evacuation moment in Stormwind’s keep. Plenty of kids.

https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/wowpedia/thumb/e/ed/Elegy_-_Stormwind.jpg/1024px-Elegy_-_Stormwind.jpg

1 Like

Doesn’t Tyrande tell Malfurion that she’s unlikely to have one of her own children, that’s why she was/still is (??) protective over Shandris and Finel.

Wow can you imagine it…a character with the decision making of Tyrande and the self righteousness of Malfurion. I think we are better off without.

I wonder if there’s a 10,000 year old Night Elf somewhere who has made it like a personal goal for herself to use her immortal life to have as many children as possible, and might have by now more than a thousand daughters and a few sons by now.

Wasn’t Tyrande infertile?