Tyrande's child

Whereas during the RpPvP Campaign on Argent Dawn set as the events at Teldrassil and Undercity took place, my Dragonhawk Riders risked life and limb to airlift as many Kaldorei children to safety as we could, plus a kitten, Starflower. Spiralling wildly downwards due to the weight of carrying so many people, we finally landed at the Alliance players encampment, dropped off the children, our thanks? They started shooting at us, so we had to fly fast as we could back to the Horde encampments, where we immediately came under suspicion of treachery, for rescuing Alliance children from burning to death. Eesh, you can’t win. How is a Good Elf meant to fight a Good War

That picture Steala linked is some pretty sweet art though, I love how you could look at the picture, not even know the story behind it, but could tell that it was some dread exodus from a threat so bad that the entire populace is in flight. Which is quite the artistic talent, given that because of the scale, you can’t make out individual faces

2 Likes

My character was not around at Teldrassil during the events of the WoT, and instead ‘off-world’ dealing with organisational affairs. Needless to say, she and her superiors had quite a few words to say about priorities (and failure to pass information along) when she got back.

Blood elves have
a long suspicious history, no offense. And it wasn’t ‘A Good War’ at all. The name is ironic, perhaps unintentionally so.

Oh definitely not, I was being Ironic, there is absolutely nothing ‘Good’ about it. I suspect the title of the story itself was an exercise in irony, as ‘A Good War’ was the title of a book by a writer called Patrick Bishop about the Air War during WWII, and ‘The Good War’ was an oral history (Which apparently inspired the book -not the film- World War Z. If you’ve not read the book, do yourself a favour and snap up a copy, it is amazing),

The title purely is because of the pretty lies people tell themselves when they have to go out and kill other people, hence we have such nonsenses as ‘A Good War’ and ‘Illegal War’, without realising that War as a situation transcends ‘Good’ or for that matter normal ‘Legality’ and has its own unique rules.

I think that’s what the author was trying to invoke when they wrote the Warcraft story “A Good War”, That sense of ridiculous irony as to how you could call something like that ‘Good’.

3 Likes

and not long they grow up and one becomes undead, one becomes lost and third doesnt do anything smart, :stuck_out_tongue:

Hopefully the child would be blessed and not be as stupid and short tempered as her mother and that is a critical hit right there i write and deliver.

Hopefully

1 Like

You got what you want in the form and shape of Anduin Wrynn compared to Varian. Now get off the Night Elves back and go drool over your peace-loving “High-King”, while other races get their stuff together and actually defend the Alliance from the savage Horde, instead of crying over how they should be “saving the Horde from itself” and “peace is the noblest aspiration”. The Horde has shown time and time again that they’re incapable of peace, with anything or anyone. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

FIgured i throw a look at this thread and got overwhelmed by cringy sensations of this
ugh
 baby creation and effects of magical power on it in a mother’s womb
the hell am i even reading this, reduces my mental capacity to that of a primitive wild animal :o

Ah, we call that biology, when you go to secondary school they will teach you about it, its where babies come from basically, and the conditions in the womb have a direct effect on that., which is probably why the topic went that way, given that it was
directly about that

It did?

My word
so not just a wild animal, but a primitive wild animal? So, how Primitive are we going? Sabre tooth Tiger? Megatherium? Mammoths?

I had no idea such primitive wild animals had the ability to use the Internet. I guess everything Paeleontology taught us was wrong

3 Likes

He could send this message before he tried to eat his keyboard.

I’m now picturing one of the Zandalari Druid forms doing just that “I Must destroy because I am a big unit for a Lizard, and Raaargh, but first I must comment on Facebook, or some forum or other, if only I had the manual dexterity to do so ! Raaaargh!”

2 Likes

My point was that directly and openly talking about is very animalistic, very primitive, like animals in the wild. Similar to how people wouldn’t feel comfortable with sex in public, because it’s natural(lol)
As human beings, while biologically animals, we should be better, more intelligent than talking about banging and making babies. :slightly_smiling_face: Such primitive mentality reduces my cognitive functions to that of a cave man countless millennia ago, at best.
Let’s have night elves pair up and bang to make babies, becauseneed more night elves
is the impression i get from the OP, the idea makes me chuckle.

Suffice to say, reading this thread has been
cringe-worthy.

You’re unworthy to be here. Death by snu snu!

3 Likes

Well no, it
by definition, does not, I mean it does the opposite
I mean being able to talk about biological functions and how our physiognomy works is actually part of a developed intellect. It isn’t Primitive at all, it is the exact opposite. As human beings, we -are higher in intellect than animals- which means we -are- able to discuss reproduction in such sensible terms without getting nervous about it. Ironically you are entirely incorrect, a ‘Cave Man’ assuming you refer to one of the previous iterations of ‘humanity’, wouldn’t have had the mental vocabulary to understand reproduction. So no, your cognitive functions would have to have gone way beyond that, you’re going to “The Hot Orange Wobbly Thing Hurts when I stick my Hand in it” kind of levels, in fact you would have to have devolved below animal level intelligence, in fact even
insects get that basic idea
I don’t know how far you would have to devolve, to be honest
But it would be a -long- way

3 Likes

Personally I don’t k ow if we are higher in intellect than animals. How would you measure it?

We are weaker, slower, smaller and less resilient than many Animals and still on top of the foodchain, i think thats a pretty good indicator for overall intelligence. Unfortunately this intelligence is very short sighted, as seen in the climate debate for example.

We generally regard intellect based on sentience and sapience, and the ability to express complex concepts through communication, verbal and visual
Now Sentience is something possessed by just about every creature on the planet, So that on its own is not a sign of Intellect, to our Western understanding Sentience merely means ‘the ability to feel sensation’, so just about every animal has that, however without Sentience, it is questionable that an entity could truly be ‘Intelligent’ as we consider it, as a whole load of sensory information would be denied to it. This is especially part of the theoretical discussions as to Artificial Intelligences. They would lack a key aspect of what makes a being Intelligent, though it could have a vast Intellect. People tend to think of AI’s in terms of Skynet from Terminator, or HAL from 2001, but those aren’t accurate, not really. If an entity can’t ‘feel’ (Both in the physical sense and the emotional one) then they’re not suddenly going to go on a rampage against the squishy fleshy things that made them
 Why would they? They’re not going to feel wounded pride, or anger, or like a slave, or anything. They wouldn’t fit our concept of -Intelligence-, but they -would- be creatures of raw Intellect.

Sapience on the other hand, is much more in line with what we classically regard as Intelligence, it is what allows us objective thinking and reasoning and problem solving, now an animal cannot think Objectively. I mean they just don’t. It isn’t part of their mental toolkit, because they just don’t need it. They can’t even Reason, because again, they have no frame of reference to work with, and also it is just something not necessary for their existence. They -Can- Problem solve, as various scientific tests have shown, even rodents can problem solve, so they have one of the qualities of Sapience, but not all. I mean a cat is not going to listen to a debate objectively and make an informed decision, it will do what -it- wants to.

A newborn child is not even Sapient, we are born with an intellect that is actually inferior to many animals. A Cat will generally recognise itself in the mirror and not think there is another cat there, a newborn baby will not recognise itself in the mirror, it cannot make objective decisions, and as any parent will likely tell you, they certainly cannot reason! Sapience is something we acquire as we age.

Very true, that Intelligence is what has allowed us to attain that position, that and opposable thumbs, which allow us the manual dexterity to go with our mental dexterity. However, we’re not as weak in comparison to animals as you would imagine. I mean we are stronger than in excess of 90% of the worlds species (I can’t remember the exact figure) We evolved using Predation Hunting , We were genuinely scary. Predation Hunting is the Terminator “It will come after you, and it will not stop, ever, until you are dead” That’s us. That’s how our ancestors hunted. They didn’t surround and hurl spears at a mastodon till it died, that’s madness, they’d be trampled in a heartbeat. They would stab that mammoth, then back away, the mammoth would start bleeding out, and run from the painful little things. (Same as I do from wasps, but I digress) but it would still be bleeding out
 The Human hunting party, or Hominid, as we’re going back a bit here, would then patiently walk along, following the blood trail, the poor prey animal becoming weaker and weaker, losing more and more blood, and yet still that human pack was following them, at a slow and steady pace. They don’t need to run, or be fast, they will just keep following until eventually the animal collapses from fatigue and blood loss and they move in and kill it.

Doesn’t that sound scary? Yeah, that’s our ancestors

We’re pretty resilient too, we’re supremely adaptable, and not only adaptable, but capable of shaping our environment to suit our needs (Sadly not always for the better), our bodies do actually regenerate, not always perfectly, but better than many animals, We can conceive of harsh environments, prepare, and so therefore are resilient to extremes of climate to a degree.

We also have one ability that people often forget, and its a surreal one, and I don’t even think it is a ‘planned’ part of our skillset but

Well, we have a poisonous bite. You’d rather be bitten by a dog, than by a human. Because of the Bacteria that have formed a symbiotic relationship with us, the Human bite is -incredibly- dangerous, to all animals, including ourselves. Alright, I’m using the wrong word there, its not Poisonous, we don’t have Venom, but a Human bite will cause infection and can eventually cause death. Bizarre right?

Sad but very, very true, we are entering some fairly bleak times, when our Intelligence is scorned, we do not want to listen to ‘experts’ and start acting purely on what suits us at the moment
 That is tossing away one of our intellectual birthrights, and is a truly sad thing to see, especially when world leaders express such thoughts

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.