UI messed up after addon

So i tested addons with frames, elvui and tukui but the first wasn’t what I was looking for an the other instantly messed everything up.
I deactivated it and deleted it from my addon folder.
But it is still doing stuff and I can’t get rid of it.

I deleted all my files and folders, nothing.
I unsinstalled the game and am reinstalleing it now but it still is doing stuff to my UI.

Maybe I overlooked some possibiliy in the defautl UI but I need help here.

Everytime I loot at an item it now shows me my own item on that slot.
I don’t want this, it confuses the hell out of me.

How can I get rid of it.
Please help.
Thanks

1 Like

Have you tried the official help article for resetting your interface?

I believe you’ll lose any macros etc following this:

Yes, I did that.
It was no help.
I am currently deleting everything related to battle.nt and battle.net from my systema nd starting reinstallation.

Yet somehow I fear it will be no use.
I am out of my wits here!!!

You just delete the Interface and WTF folder in the _Classic_ folder.

If it works you get the intro movie.

So could you supply a pic via imgur and using the preformatted text option.

I DID THAT!

I deleted woe classic and battle.net
I delted manually all files and folders I could find.

And still not only does it show my own items when I look at another item it also remebers my channels, keybinds ans so forth.

SO somehow there must be a file i cannot locate somewhere with all this!

Again I unistalled everything and deleted manually.

What is going on here?!

I need help, like real help!!!

Simmer down.

You’ve given us very little helpful information to go on, so we had to be sure you’ve done the standard fixes before suggesting anything a bit more left-field.

Can you provide a screenshot of the issue as Dottie advised? Should give us half an idea what you’re seeing.

Did you also check the folders in your user profile/ AppData is a hidden folder by default, might not show up in regular search.

I am at work so can not check, but I think it is something like

C:\ Users \ username \ AppData \ Local \ Battle.net and/or Blizzard
1 Like

Have you gone in game and typed /console cvar_default in the chat, then reloading the game?

1 Like
  1. Did you also check the folders in your user profile/ AppData is a hidden folder by default, might not show up in regular search.

-Did that

1. Simmer down.

-This is messed up

1. Can you provide a screenshot of the issue as Dottie advised? Should give us half an idea what you’re seeing.
  • Can’t because 4
  1. /console cvar_default dissabeled the issue with the tooltip of an item showing the item I wear right next to it.

STILL:

I deleted all files I could find. I delted all folders I could find.
I deinstalled everything.
Deleted any files that were still there.

Reinstalled battle.net and wow
And what do you know, there are are still all my channels, channelcolors, keybinds, makros and all that.

Although my issue at hand has been solved I still need to know WHY that is.
Somewhere there must be a file with all this in it that I am not able to locate.

I believe some settings are “synced” across all devices - might be worth going in to your interface etc settings and Resetting each section to default one by one in game and see if that makes any difference. I personally used a chat command to disable all cross-device settings syncing to make trouble-shooting easier (Im developing an addon atm so I expect to run into some issues)

Edit to add more information:

I believe you have to right click the chat box, or there is a button near/in the chat box to load the chat settings where you can reset them to default too (im at work atm, and cant remember exactly how to do this from the top of my head - if you struggle, let me know and I will get back to you tonight!)

Then it’s not deleting your addons, as someone else said, close down EVERY program you have open Before logging in.

Keybinds are server side.

You need to be specific as to what you deleted, saying “deleted all of them” doesn’t help.

I don’t think this is a Warcraft problem but something like twitch autostarting and reinstalling your addons.

1. Right click on chat, Settings, Chat Defaults and Reset Chat Positions.
  2. Menu, Interface Options, Defaults.
  3. Menu, System, Recommended.
  4. Menu, Key Bindings, Reset To Default.
  5. Logout, on character selection screen choose Menu, System, Reset User Options.

Those actions along with deleting your WTF and Interface folders should reset every imaginable setting in the game.

If you still have issues, please specify precisely what’s wrong. Preferably attach screenshots.

The issue has been solved.
Still confused though about why certain things weren’t erased.

“all of them” meant ALL files concening blizzard, battle.net or wow.
And I don’t even use any addon clients or such.

As I said, the problem is gone but I am still extremly confused by all of this.

Thanks anyway everyone.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.