Unable to buy Elekk mounts from Exodar

The vendor menu does not open when speaking to the Exodar mount vedor. The option to open the vendor interface is there but nothing happens. I tested this with a level 60 Draenei. Tried reloading UI, disabling addos and relogging.

1 Like

Same thing for me. Tried restarting game twice and still wont work as a lvl 60 draenei shaman.

Works for me.

Try a full UI reset rather than turning addons off.

I am pretty sure it’s nothing to do with my UI. I just saw another Draenei on my server near the mount vendor and he could not buy the mount either. He said it had not worked for 2 days now. I assume it has something to do with the client update that went out on this weeks server reset.

If it works for me then it’s not at Blizzards end. That pic was taken about 20 seconds before I posted.

Try the full UI reset, you move or rename the WTF, Interface and Cache folders, you will get the region select and intro movie if it works, you can always move them back afterwards if it doesn’t. Make sure it’s in the _Classic_ folder

All Blizzard will say is do a full UI reset if you open a ticket.

Wednesdays update may have slightly broken an addon and turning them off still leaves some settings in place, which is why a full UI reset is needed.

and if they have the same malfunctioning addon?

I don’t know why you think addon settings should affect anything when all addons are disabled but just to be sure I did as you suggested and renamed my WTF folder to WTF2 and got exactly the same result.

An the others? The cache and Interface?

If you are not willing to try it properly then I’m out of here.

Yup I did the same with all 3 folders.

Seems to be a widespread issue. Several posts on the US forums about the same issue. E.g.

Oh right, I know that the shaman trainer in Ironforge is missing on the realm N Keep. Might be an issue on some realms but not all.

I am also having problems buying elekk mount…got my elekk riding, but couldnt get mount. Keep me updated

There’s like a bazillion factors that could play into this. That it works for you doesn’t mean it works for everyone else.

3 Likes

You did read the whole thread?

You concluded that it was at Blizzard’s end. While starting with saying that it wasn’t. Even at that, one shouldn’t be expected to troubleshoot a game as a rule of thumb. Some models of graphics cards may not be compatible by a bug for whatever reason or something. I kept seeing this attitude in defense of Cyberpunk 2077, it’s really strange argumentation that isn’t aimed at solving issues.

1 Like

If it works on some realms and not on others then that is what is happening.

You mean I admitted I was wrong? It’s amazing how many people are incapable of that.

Well, if it works on one realm and not on another then it’s usually a bug at Blizzards end on that realm. After all a number of people have found problems on N Keep, the shaman trainer in IF being missing for instance.

I pointed that out, it’s beside the point. “If it works for me it works for everyone” is something I keep seeing online.

1 Like

I see you are one of those who fit the latter sentence you quoted above.

Anyway it’s not a graphics bug, it’s an interface bug.

“It works for me, therefore it must work for everyone”-arguments aren’t compelling.

That it’s working on your realm and not others is very weird. Doesn’t make the argument any better.

But it seems like you think I’m arguing that I’m not acknowledging that you changed your position, so you’re arguing with yourself. All I’m saying is that your initial argument isn’t compelling, regardless of what happened after that.

1 Like

It’s a standard thing, to test it to see if it works, which I did. I also tested it on the OPs realm earlier, and it works. So it’s either been fixed or if the OP is still having the problem then it’s something local to their machine.

I just don’t get what you are arguing about. All realms run on the same patch for TBC so if it was a bug it should appear on all realms.

Try deleting Cache folder from WoW folder with the client closed

That’s part of the full UI reset I suggested.