Uncap valor from the start in Dragonflight

Since Mythic+ gear will be highly nerfed compared to raid gear, it makes sense to at least give us the option to upgrade the end-of-dungeon gear without having to wait for the end of the season.

Shadowlands Season 4 worked brilliantly, in fact. Made runs a lot more worthwhile, made non-BIS end-of-dungeon gear worthwhile, and gave us options to experiment without having to waste a limited currency. Would be a shame to switch back.

11 Likes

I believe that it would be best to have progressive cap instead of current approach.

Example:

Week 1 - 750, week 2 - 850, week 3 - 950 ect.

after ten weeks that would be :

current system - 750 x 10 = 7500 in total
proposal - 750+ 850+ 950 ect = 12 000 in total.

1 Like

M+ gear gives equal to mid mythic end bosses in DF with the great vault which is only 3 less then the mythic end bosses outside of the rare big items which drop 6-7 Ilvls higher
with its normal upgradeable gear being able to be on par with low mythic pieces. Its a outright buff if anything to the people who push content and do stuff past the standard 15s as off now.

Fully uncapping day 1 isnt healthy for the game at all IMO, it would just be degens farming low keys after pushing decently high and remove the sense of early progression to be able to get your gear from the keys you do. If anything better and more progressive caps and less time before fully uncapped is the real plan

6 Likes

Your last sentence lol. Yeah lol, if you do the same content you get crappier loot, but if you do harder content, you get the same loot as previously. This is the definition of a nerf.

Ok, not day 1 maybe. But week 3 like with SL Season 4? Definitely a good idea. Holgind on to the small amount of valor, waiting for a BIS and not engaging with the system feels awful. Uncapped valor also de-emphasizes the Great Vault a.k.a. the RNG nightmare.

2 Likes

Uncap the valor after the new creation catalyst opens up. Or maybe even after 10weeks . But not right from the start. Don’t get me wrong season 4 was the most fun they done though. We could gain 750 valor a week or something like that. That would be cool

2 Likes

I prefer not having to do 50 dungeons in the first two weeks, to not fall behind the masses.

3 Likes

I do understand it can not be uncapped from the start. But i definitely would be fine uncapping it after a month. Like also opening the catalyst on that time period.

Idk, I didn’t do “50 dungeons” in SL Season 4, in fact, I usually just did 8 per week, and I didn’t “fall behind”. The only difference was that all runs felt directly rewarding rather than just a detached credit for the Vault and the potential score increase…

1 Like

M+ gear is not nerved?
You get better reward for higher keys then ever before…

Capping valor in the early weeks is necessary so you won’t be able to overgear too much…
You can already get full 405 gear from just running +20 all day long.

What they could do is uncapping Valor with the unlock of the Catalyst.

2 Likes

This would seem the most sensible compromise.

2 Likes

Read what I explained before.
For the same, mythic level reward in the vault, you now need to do a +20 when it was +15 now. This is a nerf.

A +15 now gives you heroic level loot from the vault when it used to give you mythic level. This is a nerf.

405 is “low heroic”, hardly what I call high. And farming +20’s while ungeared isn’t a straightforward thing to do at all, especially for pugs. By all chance, the first weeks people will learn the dungeons in lower levels, except now it gives LFR level loot which is ridiculous.

2 Likes

Raid and Mythic+ Item Levels in Dragonflight Season 1

Here are the raid and Mythic+ item levels coming in Dragonflight!

* A few drops on boss loot tables will be rarer but drop at 6-7 item levels higher. These can be seen in the Dungeon Journal but aren’t accounted for in the table above due to its assumed rarity.
** Low Bosses are bosses 1-4, Mid Bosses are bosses 5-6 and High Bosses are bosses 7-8 in Vault of the Incarnates

Key Takeaways

Here are some of the key takeaways from these changes:

• +15s in Dragonflight which will provide you with:

• High Heroic raid gear in your Great Vault (was Mythic in Shadowlands).

• High Normal raid gear in end-of-dungeon chests (was slightly below Heroic in Shadowlands)

• However, loot now scales past +15 all the way to +20 in Dragonflight which will give you:

• Mid Mythic gear in the Great Vault.

• Slightly below Mid Heroic in end-of-dungeon chests.

• Valor now scales to level 13, which is equivalent to Low Mythic (previously scaled to level 12 - High Heroic in Shadowlands)

3 Likes

Yeah, thank you for copying this here so people will have the context :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can do a +16 for the same rewards as in SL…

And a 20 now gives higher rewards than ever in M+.

1 Like

Impact of New Mythic+ Scaling in Dragonflight - 10% Scaling Starting at Keystone +11

We’ve made a comparison of how Mythic+ dungeon scaling with change from Shadowlands to Dragonflight. The percentages below show the amount of additional health and damage mobs will get on each keystone level.

Here’s a brief summary:

• A +15 keystone in Dragonflight will be about equivalent to a +16.5 keystone in Shadowlands.

• A +20 keystone in Dragonflight will be about equivalent to a +22.5 keystone in Shadowlands.

With +20 keystones dropping the highest loot in Mythic+ for Dragonflight, it will be slightly harder with these scaling changes.

2 Likes

Nah IT shoudlnt be. Uncapped valor in S4 cause idiotic inflation of requirements in pugs. Capped valor worka much better and unsures much less toxicity in pugs

Not that i have noticed it. But i also wonder why you make that claim.

I haven’t looked that much into it but have they actually nerfed the m+ gear or is it just they’ve made the requirements for the top gear higher?

Suppose my question is does a +15 vault now = the same level on the raiding scale as a +20 vault in df?

Basically… No

A 15 vault in SL is about a 16/17 in DF.

Why do people who dint mythic raid want gear equal to it?

1 Like