Undead ‘Dark Ranger’ customization for Blood and Night elves

That is what they originally were.
Elf-banshees who possessed their dead bodies.

Whatever blizzard is doing right now, I have no idea.

2 Likes

Close enough I guess ty.

1 Like

Only for bloodelves dark rangers are not alliance

1 Like

so he is asking for a forsaken option if blizzard wanted to make sense of this.

A new elf-specific undead race AND a class.
Dark Ranger is a whole class in itself.

It would be a race and class supposedly locked for Horde only.

1 Like

that would be the true way to add dark ranger in my opinion too.

It would be.
And it would work with any other MMORPG without a faction system where faction pride is in such a focus.

Alas, it is not a thing for WoW, and that is why I do not want to see the option given at all.

Why, were night warriors nelves born with black eyes?

Nope - They go through a process, which was explained in BfA.
Also, the male nelves got the customization option despite of the original Night Warrior being a female.

Such kind of gender-specific restrictions have been removed from the game for a while now… and as a matter of facts there is a toy [Dark Ranger’s Spare Cowl] that can turn you into a male dark ranger. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry to contraddict, but a number of Night Elves were actually turned to dark rangers following the Burning of Teldrassil. We saw that in BfA, and the toy linked above turns Horde into Blood Elf dark rangers and Alliance into Night Elf dark rangers. Gender is random.

Sure, the ORIGINAL Dark Rangers were farstrider Blood Elves… and may have been females only… but things have changed since then. The story keeps evolving with every expansion and patch.

2 Likes

Sylvana armor closest to sylvana u can get :frowning:

1 Like

didn’t mean to say that dark rangers should be gender specific, i meant to say that its weird that it’s only females.
The only black eyes i know is from Elunes power and you don’t born with it.

Brigante actually explained why it used to be female only.
It is specifically because Dark Rangers are banshees possessing the corpses they were ‘extracted’ from so to speak.
Banshees are female spirits, not male, there are no male banshees.

That is why Dark Rangers were only female, and it was perfectly sensible.

Blizzard partially changed this, back when Nathanos became a bigger deal, while his creation was not 100% the same as the female dark rangers, the principle is still there. His spirit was extracted and put into another vessel, another body.

3 Likes

I mean Dark Rangers physically are just… Undead Elves… They don’t look like that because they are Dark Rangers or anything… it’s perfectly reasonable for a dead Kal/Quel/Sin’dorei to be raised by the scourge, and instead of just going Dark Ranger just… going back to being a Mage or a Warlock or a Warrior or a Priest etc etc.

Precisely. The point of this thread is that just as a quest explaining how Night Elves got said powers and gained black eyes is enough to add them as an option for the Night Elves, Blizzard could do the same for the Dark Rangers.

In this case, all we would need is a quest explaining how some dark rangers have rejoined their original folks (blood or night elves) after Sylvanas’ departure from the Horde, possibly following Calia’s mediation.

What we end up asking for here.
Is not a ‘dark ranger’ customization.

But some customization more akin to Death Knights, corpses that have not lost so much flesh that they lose their living race-looks.

So basically add the Death Knight skin customization options to all races, and not just the Death Knight class.

1 Like

Well yes but if it becomes an habit of guiding the story just because players want something available with good reason to back it up, the story would quickly derail. So i personally prefer that the game follows the story, i think people pick up very quickly when something makes no sense just because it needs to be pushed in certain direction. And what you said makes me think this has happen before with blizzard.

The OP means Undead Elves customization, with those beautiful red eyes. We usually see them on dark rangers but there is also the mage from felomelorne quest. It is simply a body possessing banshee, it does not have to be restricted to a class.
So yeah, come on! Pretty please Blizz!!

1 Like

I honestly trust Blizzard to pick or ignore the fan’s suggestions as they prefer based on how much they can suit their needs and fit within the timeline they already set for the game… hence doubt the fanbase can be held responsible for many of the awkward developments of the past.

It’s just an ever-changing game, the more time passes the harder (impossible, really) it gets to add something new that neither contradicts nor changes anything at all, and as of now:

• we have already seen Night Elf and male Dark rangers in-game
  • a questline with Calia talking to the Night Elf dark rangers ‘to help them’ was already added in BfA

So as far as we know an ‘undead’ customization for Blood and Night elves could have already been in the plans for months or even years - and as a matter of facts if you search online for it, you will see other people and websites have been speculating about it as early as 2018 when those first exceptions were made.

Personally, even if said customization was to be added, I would not feel it was my post in the EU forums that changed Blizzard’s mind about it. Sure, I am ‘suggesting’ such an option… but by some extents I consider this a speculation more than a proper suggestion.

To each their opinion however, so totally free to not support something that happening if you don’t like it. :slight_smile:

I was merely pointing out that imho ‘customizations should only include birth features’, ‘Dark Rangers are Blood elf only’ and ‘only females can be Dark rangers’ as arguments against the addition of red eyes for the Blood and Night elf races are ships that have long sailed.

And since I cannot quite imagine Blizzard investing in the addition of an extra undead elf allied race with two body shapes for the sole purpose of adding one single class to it… I think the best chance to see the option in game for the players would relate to customization for the base races - which coincidentally is a core Shadowlands feature.

That, or it is just bound to never really happen. :wink:

Blood elfs needs this strongly recommend for loyalist rpers especially, So yes, pls blizzard make these skins avaiable for us who support anything Sylvanas and dark rangers.

Somehow for a year now i start to think that dark ranger will be the DH 3rd spec.

Sad part … that armor is the only good looking tier sets hunters got.