Undead ‘Dark Ranger’ customization for Blood and Night elves

need a gray skin tone alternative aswell

1 Like

I’d seriously consider switching my Horde main to a Hunter (or rogue, lol) if this became a thing.

Gotta agree it would very nicely fit a Shadowlands patch, so I’ll keep my fingers crossed!

1 Like

Funny thing being, they could be loyalists on Horde side (as in Blood Elf Dark Rangers) and totally disappointed by Sylvanas/redeemed on the Alliance side (as in Night Elves Dark Rangers).

That way it would also make sense of them beating each other. :wink:

All the yes’s to this, I’ve wanted to be a Dark Ranger for the longest and I was so sad when they removed Black arrow from us…

2 Likes

Make them an Allied Race for Horde, called “New Forsaken” with a “Heritage” option that let’s you choose between Bloodelf, Nightelf and Human (like Nathanos).
All the skins needed are already in game from regular models and DK customisation as well as from NPC options, which are useable in the wowhead model viewer (like red eyes).

Regarding Classes there should be Warrior (like the Sentinels risen by Sylvanas), DK (obviously), Hunter (obviously), Rogue (well…), Mage, Warlock and maybe Priest, as Forsaken are also able to become priests.
Why should there be casters? Because we have seen several casters like High Priest Andorath in Borean Tundra and Dar’Khan Drathir who have kept their elven form in undeath, which is why it’s unlikely that former casters turned “New Forsaken” wouldn’t stay casters even in their new life.

Regarding Heritage Armor: This should either be the archetypical Dark Ranger Set (as seen with the toy from Darkshore and on DR Lyana and Cyndia) or the Dark Warden Set worn by Sira in Darkshore, maybe with the option to use the DR Cowl instead of the Helm.

As Racial Abilities I’d like:
"Black Arrow/Curse" - Shoots a Black Arrow at (Hunter/Rogue) / Inflicts a sinister Curse to (other classes) the enemy, dealing X Shadow Damage over 6 seconds and summoning a Dark Minion to taunt them (doesn’t work on bosses) for the duration. If the enemy dies while affected by Black Arrow/Curse, the Cooldown is reduced by 15 Seconds. - 30 Second cooldown

No rest for the wicked - Your Haste is increased by 1% and your deal 1% more damage to undead enemies. In Addition, you can hold your breath under water indefinitely.

Seen it all - The duration of Charm and Fear effects is reduced by an additional 20%.

Distrusted by many - You receive 5% less faction discount from non-Forsaken Horde Vendors. You may extract life fragments from humanoid enemies that grant experience or honor.
(Life fragments may be exchanged at Cyneana the Dreaded’s hideout in western plaguelands, allowing you to purchase selected crafting materials and potions)

1 Like

Allied races would be better used when a new model is built on the old framework, such as they did with the Vulpera…

If customization works for Wildhammer dwarves and even Void to High Elves, then red eyes and pale skin to base races is the way to go.

Besides, the Nigh Elf model was already brought to the Horde (if edited) with the Nightborne. And if I am not mistaken, the Void Elves already using the Blood Elf model is a big argument about NOT adding separate High Elves as well, because having a Horde model twice on Ally side and once on Horde side is just plain wrong. The same would apply, reversed, for the Night Elves when doing as you suggested.

I don’t think we’re any more likely to see a horde ‘Allied race’ including two different Alliance races (Humans and Night Elves) than we are likely to see High Elves added on Alliance side.

And when you accept to restrict the model to the Blood Elf one… Then a customization option is much easier to implement as the OP suggested.

And if you also add the option for the Night Elves on Ally side, you can make it fair for all players.

I’d honestly leave Nathanos out as an exception for now. He’s one of a kind, whereas the Undead are already a race of their own.

1 Like

Nightborne use a similar model but a completely different stance.
With Void Elves gaining regular bloodelf skin tones and eyes with SL alliance basically has their high elves - and complete bloodelf models, essentially giving them +1 playable race visually.
Horde should at least get Forsaken Nightelves in return.

NO BECAUSE THEY CANT BE PALADINS!!!11111!!!1111!!! !!! !!!

/sarcasm

1 Like

Basically = not.

But I find it amusing. So an additional skin color counts as an extra race for you, hence we are one race short?

Mind wrecking. I thought Alliance had one less, for getting cheap Mechagome reskin while we got the Vulpera as a totally new race.

We need a totally new extra race then, sure! /s

Or, they could add some extra skin tones to our Nightborne.

P.s. I am also amused you’d say that the Nightborne are NOT Night Elves reskins due to the different posture, since all the times people have asked for High Elves with a different posture and hairstyles from the Blood Elves, it was answered to them that it could not happen because they would have still been the same race with the same model regardless of the pose.

LFD say hi!

When paired with extra racials. And it was a BAD call from Blizz.

But sure, if skin color counts while given to a race as customization, the Trolls are getting sand and dark trolls… so +2 totally new races!

So Alliance is still one short.

/s

Wildhammers.

Oh come on, you cannot be serious. :upside_down_face:

Besides, he said skin tones, not tattoos.
(Or should we start counting all the shades of blood elves vs shades of humans now?) :face_with_monocle:

If tattoos count we’d need to start counting all the different orc clans.

But I’d rather refer to this count based on the actual number of allied races with RACIAL SKILLS made on another thread:

2 Likes

No I was just pointing out that if we were to count customisations like you said here

Wildhammers would count, negating this bit here

Just saying.

I think you may have missed my final /s :sweat_smile:

I was never serious about that. A skin color counting as a new race sounds just silly to me. :upside_down_face:

But I am sure some people would be happy of a ‘proper high elf allied race on ally side’ versus ‘proper undead night elf allied race on horde side’.

(Most) others, however, might just (understandably) groan about more elves in their game. :rofl:

Me, I’d rather stick to what the OP has suggested. Customizations are ok - I’d rather save those sweet extra race slots for proper new models…

1 Like

I know, but that doesn’t mean we can’t scrutinise said sarcasm.

Uhuuuu… no way in Shadowlands or Azeroth I am going to count all skin colors and all tribal tattoo patterns of all races to seriously scrutinize… but you feel free to, and you shall be my hero. :kissing_heart: :heart:

My statement may have been open to misinterpretation.
What I wanted to state was that while Void Elves get bloodelf eyes and skin tones in SL, making them full-grown blood-/high elf models on the alliance side (with a way better set or racials than actual belfs!) we didn’t get actual Nightborne but re-skinned nightelves with a different posture but no possibility to make them look and stand like actual nightelves.

Basically what I want is voidelf skin tones for bloodelves.
And/or a posture switch for nightborne.
And/or an allied race of forsaken elves.

Are they also getting golden and green eyes then?

I thought it all started with both Void and Blood elf were getting the extra blue eyes so that the fans would not be arguing about them… but I guess Blizzard was very naive there…

(As was I suggesting the red eyes could also be given to both Night and Blood elves apparently)

i heard something about they might add red eyes to blood elfs … no sure where it was in some interjuve they mationed it .