Unfair Reward distribution between Horde and Alliance in Warmode

Before or after the incentives were raised?

The increased incentives were a means to combat the symptoms. You never ever do that unless the symptoms make it impossible to deal with the cause.

If someone has pains in their arm muscles due to inactivity, you give therapy to the arm so it can move better, unless the pain makes it impossible to apply therapy to the arm in the first place. In that case, you treat the pain first and then apply therapy to the arm.

Blizzard confused the cause and the effect. The effect is that Alliance never really enabled WM in the first place. To counter this effect the incentives were increased so that Alliance would enable WM.

The problem is that by only treating the symptom, they will show again, in this case, Alliance turns it off after they receive their incentive because any longer is seen as pointless.

The cause of the symptom has never been treated so the symptom, even if treated, will return again and again in some form or the other.

Activated Racials can be used to give an edge, they can also be used in a synergizing capacity.

Say that we both have a trinket that gives a proc chance of increasing AP by 1000. They both proc, They can activate Berserking and now they get a 15% benefit to 1000 AP I can never get.

There would be less of a problem if those activated racials had a ppm that gave equal benefit as the activated one. So Berserking has a 3 min CD. If it had a ppm that totally gave the same benefit of 15% Haste over ten seconds it would better.

So, for example, Berserking: Increase the Haste value of the user by 15% for 2 seconds, 1,66 ppm.

The benefit would overall be the same and it would no longer be possible to stack it other than trough luck.

yet, when the alliance had the proper numbers to compete but werent being spoon feed rewards, they turned off warmode.

face it the alliance players dont want balance they want entitlement.

Because numbers, unless you have superiority, is far from enough. People want to have a chance 1:1, that’s what WM is about. It’s 1v1 PvP, random encounters, etc.

Roaming bands running around and ganking people in up cases to 40v1, is slaughter rather than war.

If a 100 of a 100 mirror matches ends in defeat, people will end up deciding it for more hassle than it’s worth. Statistically, a mirror match should give a 50/50 W/L ratio.

The Horde races that has activated Racials are in most cases able to turn this into 100/0 W/L ratio. A 3 minute CD means nothing when there are 5 minutes between each open world PvP encounter. Especially when using it is the difference between a win or a loss.

By making WM a prominent feature Blizzard has shot themselves in the foot when it comes to balancing 1v1. The old stance of “we never balance to 1v1” has stopped working and just comes off as blind favouritism since the percieved significance of WN is that it’s important.

People want an equal chance when they go up against others in PvP. If they feel a loss is assured they’ll opt out if they have the choice.

It’s the reason no one had a fun time fighting a Disc Priest 1v1 in 8.0, it’s the reason melee knows they’re screwed if they get attacked by a Blood DK. It’s the reason no one really finds satisfaction in fighting a Rogue in WPvP, because they know that if the Rogue is in trouble they’ll just use Vanish, so a feeling of catharsis is never achieved, etc.

1 Like

I turn it on when I leveling char, when I get 120 it is off. Simple reason is because most of time someone gank me with better ilvl than me, better gear ( better player in pvp xD )…Or 5 against 1 lol If I want to do pvp go to bg and that is.

we had those mirror matches when the quest was removed and alliance was at 15% and it was damn fun, Iv talked to many alliance who agree it was at its best when that was up. But turns out alot of alliance dont want fairness they want to be rewarded for turning off warmode then running a bit 40v1 raid. Then make excuses about how oooh its soo much fairer this way while then those same people as mentioned turned off wm the moment the numbers were fairer but they werent getting the loot.

I don’t really have a problem with WM at the moment. Getting a thrashing makes the next victory sweeter. But how about rewarding players of either faction who never turn warmode off? The reward could increase incrementally up to a cap that resets if WM is turned off at any point. Some kind of de minimis participation in assaults might be required to qualify for next weeks reward increase.

EDIT - oops, posted on my lowest char xD. He’s barely left Orgrimmar, the cow-ard.

4 Likes

but isnt that the whole point of whats wrong with it, rather than rewarding people for keeping warmode on, its rewarding them for keeping it off.

wouldnt it be better if the reward went up ONLY if you kept warmode on the whole time?

1 Like

Yep, that is exactly the point I was trying to make :slight_smile:
Sorry if I wasn’t entirely clear!

Edit - on my main now!

2 Likes

Unless some of the above Horde won every time it was never a mirror match, or their Racial was on CD.

You’ve already decided on the answer and it the classical conservative makers and takers thing.

Psychologically no one wants to be a taker, unless they for some reason feel entitled to get the benefit. People want to feel like they have a fair chance. Right now WM with the class, spec and race disparity is unable to deliver that.

So after the incentives has been gotten, a lot of people disable it, as they see no point to having it enabled. They see it as far more trouble than it’s worth having it on.

People turning it off is the symptom, what should be investigated is what the cause is. Because it’s unable to be AOO since Alliance did the same BEFORE it was added.

your entire argument is the racials which for WPVP dont make that much of a difference.

What I don’t understand is why they don’t give the AAO quest to Alliance AND Horde. Alliance still get the quest with a half-decent reward so more will switch war mode on; Horde get the quest but most already have war mode on so the increase will be minimal; everyone gets a “kill 25 of the opposing faction” quest so there’s more PvP; everyone wins.

1 Like

A small difference is still a difference and when everything else is equal a small difference becomes a large difference.

Also if one side is on 100% and the other side is on 99% and the activated Racial gives them 1% then the small difference is rather large.

Besides if they as you say only make a small difference it should cause no problems or nerfs to change them to being procs instead.

I play a tauren, our activated racial is a area stun for 2 seconds, oooh how broken that must be.

The racials arent what turned people off warmode though, initialy it was sharding (which still occurs) but the point is the moment numbers were at the point that it was more even, and both sides could have fun. (and boy some of the best moments in pvp there, like a war in the tortolan area in stormsong and tones of guards running over to kill the winners man that was fun) the alliance turn off becouse they didnt want to play without a bonus the horde dont get. It rewarded them for not playing warmode rather than rewarding those that did.

You can blame your self for these kind of quests.

Years of abuse in world pvp and pvp in general against alliance does this.

Every time i go to warmode its full of highly organized horde groups with healers CC’ers and generally well organized groups while all alliance has anymore is random people being mowed down by a meat grinder.

All thanks to Horde for crying over it and blizzard who were unable to balance racials after they just removed the over powered human trinket racial.

And believe me trying to do that “coward” reward with random clueless people against organized meat grinder does not feel easy at all.

1 Like

Yes but you can’t deny that nerfing the over powered human racial and giving nothing interesting back hurt alliance pvp.

In just one patch alliance pvp went from mediocre to dog crap because all the decent pvp people hopped in to a easy mode train.

Geeee, who would have expected they would turn off WM the instant their quest was taken away :slight_smile:
Oh Blizz… sigh.

1 Like

in hind sight it further adds to the notion that the alliance dont want to do pvp without some massive bonus.

Well why would you when nobody else does and everybody and their grandmother went to horde for pvp after human racial was turned to dog crap all that alliance has left for pvp is people that were only casually into pvp and people who have no interest in it at all.

I still like pvp but trying to do warmode wq’s against fully organized groups of horde with people who barely know what keyboard and mouse is is not fun at all.

For example today invasion WQ’s at zuldazar full group of 40 horde grinding people down like a meat grinder while alliance outright refused to group up and ran against the wall over and over and over again.
Had to turn warmode off to get that thing done it was so sad to look at.

And believe me normally i keep warmode on but sometimes i just have to turn it off or i will self harm my self.

It’s a combination of PvE horde returning to the safe bonuses again. :roll_eyes: One of the biggest issues with WM imbalance was the PvE hordes who didn’t care much for PvP… they just sign up for bonuses Aka. they will run all the time unless they outnumbers someone 3v1. The PvE alliance did the opposite, they turned their backs on warmode.

2 Likes

I partialy agree with you there, its true the PVE alliance left after the quest vanished but I dont think many horde returned if any. Its more the alliance leaving.