Unlock Firemaw

5k queue, firemaw ain’t being unlocked any time soon boys, make other plans

NO to any and all alliance transfers to Firemaw!

Blizz pretending to care about server population and balance on fresh pvp realms, but still cant merge Firemaw and Gehenas :man_shrugging: small indie company indeed …

Do you guys believe Firemaw will ever be unlocked? Is there a point in waiting for that to happen?
Atm I’ve cancelled my subscription and keep checking occasionally hoping Blizzard unlocks it someday :slight_smile:

No, Firemaw will be locked forever.

1 Like

Blizzard stated that it will probably locked forever.

1 Like

oh, that would be really bad, do you remember where that statement can be found? Maybe there have been some updates posted…

do you mean locked for new characters’ creation or transferring?

They’ve stated that they want the low level pop servers more populated, given free transfers there, with a queue of 5k at at launch (and probably again when p2 drops) I doubt it will be unlocked at all. If they allowed people with level 80’s on this server to transfer then they’ll be doing nothing about Firemaw populations. I’ve seen people say that this won’t affect population of servers as they already play on Firemaw, but if you have 3/4 characters stuck on another realm that you can’t live without then the only option for you is to transfer there which frees up one space on firemaw.

2 Likes

So… If you only play Firemaw and have level 80s on another realm you do not play, and then proceed to move characters from other realms to Firemaw - you’re saying this has an impact on the queue? It adds additional players? Never mind mental gymnastics, you’re on some next level mathematical gymnastics.

I’m saying that the same few people seem to try and justify unlocking Firemaw for people who already have level 80’s or 70’s when TBC was around (yes the posts are that old …) were complaining that there other high end toons were on other servers and couldn’t play them AND that it that it was the end of the world and they couldn’t live without playing them. So they had three options, one bump a post on the forum with “it has been x days since firemaw has been locked” as you can tell this worked and firemaw is now unlocked /s. 2. Live with it and play their other characters on the other server. 3. move their firemaw character off of firemaw to wherever their other characters were. One of these Blizzard would be happy about reducing the queue on firemaw, can you guess which one it is?

It doesn’t matter if the same people post here and it also doesn’t matter how invested they are in their characters. The fact of the matter is if these guys transferred a character from another realm and they’re only playing Firemaw now, it would have zero impact on the queue (which doesn’t exist now) because you are not adding additional players. You seem unable to comprehend it.

1 Like

It would have an impact if they were forced to move off though to the other characters that they can’t live without.

You are just posting nonsense now. That has no relevance to this topic.

This topic is concerned with opening Firemaw, and the comments on this topic are regarding the best approach (should it stay closed or open) and people are debating it.

The feelings people have towards their characters on other realms means nothing. They want to play these characters but they can not because they don’t want to reroll on a new server because they’re setteled with their guild, friends, family, pugs and etc.

They can live without them other characters, but the logic is if they’re already playing on Firemaw and only playing Firemaw, moving alts from other realms that are inactive will not have any negative impact on Firemaw because no additional players are added to the pool.

The only impact it will have is people on Firemaw having more raiding characters rather than AFKing at Dalaran bank and thus provide better activity in terms of more characters to attend raids, which benefits Firemaw.

You are in some type of delusional or just trolling.

2 Likes

Time to ressurect this thread. The post from Kaivax regarding the transfer locks spesifically said:

There are no queues to be seen anywhere at this point on Firemaw, and I assume that would be the same for the other realms as well (don’t know about Gehennas). So please Blizzard, be transparent this time around, as your server handling throughout TBC was absolutely atrocious. Will you unlock trasnfers to Firemaw any time soon? This is your own statement regarding removing locks when extended queues are gone, mind you, so please keep your word! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

W-wotlk hype?

Do not unlock firemaw.

The message was crystal clear - locked permanently.

People made characters on other realms, and those realms need a constant stream of new players or the realms will die due to such low population.

This was never stated tho, I even quoted the original statement. Unlock when these realms are no longer experiencing extended queues. That is now :slight_smile: It was in the same post stated that the realms were to be locked «indefinitely», which you may have mistaken for «infinitely».

1 Like

@Sèra: Indeed, unknown amount of time does not (at least usually) equal permanently. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.