Unpopular opinion, i still prefer Retail

Classic is fun,don’t get me wrong, but i’ve always enjoyed faster paced games
Classic is just so slow, and there is charm in that.

But i just prefer Retail, BFA is still lackluster though.

44 Likes

I’m with retail still primarily. I’m too financially and emotionally invested (love my character family) to put it aside. Besides, its far more along development wise than classic is. But I do play classic sometimes, just not often!

In the end, whatever someone is happy playing is what works for them :slight_smile:

Also… the whole school yard behavior of hating on a current thing just because a new thing came out isn’t my style anymore (referring to classic bashing retail as dead.)

7 Likes

This is what I would have said.

2 Likes

I prefer retail aswell. Play a little bit of classic when there’s nothing going on in retail.

3 Likes

What’s unpopular about that opinion? I think its one a lot.of people share.

9 Likes

I think there are many people same as you. It is ok mate it is just about taste of the person. I glad you are enjoing both games.

2 Likes

Isn’t choice a wonderful thing? :slight_smile: Don’t think its an unpopular opinion at all.

Queues for classic was too long so ended up playing retail yesterday.
Had a blast farming some bloody coins on timeless.
Classic gameplay is so sloooow compared to retail…

All irls play classic tho, so guess i will play both.

2 Likes

I like both, but bfa, gurllllllllllllllllllllll let’s not even talk about it, bfa is just no, hope the new x-pack will improve

I know, me too!

Classic isnt really “better” beside slow paced progression and some minor rpg like features. They can still make retail to feel that way with few changes.

2 Likes

Retail lacks coherence. It doesn’t feel like real world. Hence I will always love Vanilla, BC and WotLK over Retail. Probably I could also add Pandaria to that three (but not Cataclysm). Rest is just out of place.

4 Likes

Finally, classic vs retail opinion thread, I waited for that 30 moons!

2 Likes

Running around everywhere for 40 levels gets tedious after a while.

1 Like

retail is more balanced, more refined, faster paced, and less grindy and more difficult, for those who enjoy occasional challenging stuff.

Classic on the other hand is more nostalgic, better effort to reward ratio for those who’d rather spend more time than do harder stuff, has some great ideas in regards to class trainers, professions, etc.

Overall, I personally don’t like classic. Because it’s more grind than difficult. And i think i have to spend hundreds of hours playing, just so i could get to a bunch of stuff i actually want to do. Which i’m sure is appealing to some, but not to me.

2 Likes

Each seems to have upsides and downsides. Looking at the feedback so far, it would seem to me that many people would enjoy something with retail’s artistic value (graphics, music, level design even), retail’s level of balance and many of the added features over time, as well as lower level of tediousness, but with Classic’s more dangerous outdoor world, sense of a journey instead of a theme park and where items feel more meaningful.

I’d say that if Classic continues to be so popular, perhaps the lessons will be extrapolated by the retail devs, and 9.0 will be better. I certainly hope so.

7 Likes

Yes. But probably retail is gone too far. Retail and classic are 2 different games for different ppl. Yes you can play both (as i do) but in long terms this will never endure.
The path is traced and for good or bad (it depends by ppl) i dare to say retail will proceed with BFA mentality.

3 Likes

Just a reminder by the more or less official definition of the word. Classic is more theme park than retail. But both a theme park mmo.

Why do people use ‘unpopular opinion’ for things that are not unpopular at all? I mean, do you see retail being completely ghosted out? I don’t think so.

I agree wholeheartedly.

1 Like