Unpopular Opinions

Well, first of all, there’s Iridi from Night of the Dragon who is noted to be a shadow priest (with all her hand-to-hand combat training)

Also, Soulbinder Tuulani is a shadow priest and joins the garrison in WoD.

In fact, for a very long time before the orcs did their thing on Draenor the Auchenai were all good draenei shadow priests.

EDIT: Also, the tormented soulpriest in crypts tries to write the wrongs of the other auchenai by having you kill the skeletons.

Outside of Highmountain tauren and Mag’har orcs, I can’t seem to get on board them without being confined to a certain appearance. Hopefully, if my guess is about Mechagnomes/Vulpera being next up on the list, I’ll have another Horde race to play.

I stand corrected on shadow priests then. But draenei warlocks seem to be universally evil at least.

it’s why I am happy to advocate some new race/class combos (Worgen/goblin monks, tauren rogues/mages which LITERALLY EXIST ALREADY but just aren’t playable, etc) but I’m not on the “remove all class restrictions” bandwagon. Some literally cannot be excused in any way that makes sense. It’s pretty blatant that draenei can’t dable in fel without going nuts, BElves have long lost their connections to druidism, etc.

Superior Alliance tactics. :cowboy_hat_face::smoking:

But yeah I’ve seen that happen a bunch playing Hordeside. Seems the Alliance just aren’t :muscle: enough to handle even numbers sometimes…

1 Like

An (un?)popular opinion of mine: With Cairne dead and Magatha some sort of pseudo-good guy in the earthen ring, plus the Highmountain Tauren now in the Horde, the tauren are :zzz: and ought to be replaced by ogres or some other race.

Baine’s been turned into too much of a soggy tissue to save them…

1 Like

I disagree.

Mag har can work with many sets given the diversity of their clans, they’re covered on the savage (laughing skulls, bleeding hollow) and industrial (Blackrock) levels. Their heritage set actually works extremely well as pieces for other Transmog. I have several Mag har of different clan skins and despite all being the same race, my characters all look very different in what I see a plausible way, even though they all subscribe to the “crude savage” theme (sans my Blackrock).

Dark irons are no different from normal dwarves in that they can rock a variety of styles plausibly. Fire beard is annoying sometimes but doesn’t detract from ability to wear other sets.

Velf and NB can work any variety of sets so long as it covers basic magical elven themes- caster, ranger, etc.

Highmountain, basically Tauren, sans paladin plate.

LF draenei are the only allied race where to Transmog them outside of their heritage set or Argus sets feels wierd buts that’s largely because unlike other races they’re represented as an army, thus uniform and conformity seems pretty central to their concept.

3 Likes

Mayla or Lasan are both valid options if they were given more character development. Don’t see that happening though.

2 Likes

As I always say: the ogres are a terrible, terrible suggestion for a playable race. The Tauren add the honourable to the savage that gives the Horde the balance it needs

10 Likes

You have not met lunk the ogre yet.

Kul Tiran Humans should have options for all three body types.

I know for some people it’s a thing, but there’s no way I’m going to have Aeldyn look like ~that~

While we’re talking about it; why not give all body options to regular Humans as well?

1 Like

Is that really an unpopular opinion?

Probably not!

It wasn’t right up until

Why not give worgen and forsaken appearances to humans too :upside_down_face:

Pet battles were a good idea

5 Likes

Anyone who dislikes pet battles hates having fun.

5 Likes

No fun allowed.

Some ‘elitism’ is better than openly accepting questionable character or guild concepts.

11 Likes

Depends on how you define elitism. One man’s elitism is another man’s standards.

My usual definition of an elitist is someone who has an inflated sense of self-worth regarding themselves and their style of RP, and if others don’t fall into their rigid idea of what’s good then they think they’re worthless.

Usually, these people are just as bad, if not worse, than the people they criticise.

15 Likes

That’s fair enough. I suppose i would have been better off calling it as high standards. It just gets used interchangeably with elitist too often I find. So I used it like that as well

3 Likes

Yeah, it does. It’s become a bit of a buzzword at this point.

It’s usually when players who don’t care much for the lore or remaining true to it lash out at any criticism or wariness from players who do want to be consistent with the setting.

Or stuff like child RPers having a fit when people think their RP is strange and unsettling.

6 Likes