Unpopular Opinions

Are you sure about that? Because as far as I know they have actually put many of their best devs into their mobile projects instead.

3 Likes

I think the realisation at Blizzcon that in fact we -don’t- all have mobile phones made them re-allocate some of their better minds to Classic.

That’s more wishful thinking if you ask me, but I’ll reserve judgement when Classic actually releases. We’ll see how polished it actually is; well, as polished as Classic was back in the day anyway.

People think that they want Classic, but they really don’t. I can say with 90% certainty the majority of people wont even reach level 30. There won’t be any pvp supported system on launch so that’s one entire demographic of players not going to be happy.

It’s going to be one doozy of an eye-opener for all those folks who said they want the “authentic true WoW experience” for them then to predictably say “but i dont like this!!!”

11 Likes

It’s just the modern WoW community that is to fault really. Classic will have a lot of tourists that will play it and leave, but it will also have a dedicated community once the masses leave in droves. What I’ve seen is that what you say is true but some people seem to want modern WoW gameplay with Classic content.

Yes I agree completely. It’s unfortunately also a fault of Blizzard for listening to the loud and impulsive voices in the community, they are going to making a large investment of resources and time into this and the returns on it will be minimal once the masses as you say, leave in droves when they realise Classic WoW is a completely different game to what they -thought- it was.

Cool little fact, although anecdotal in nature, the overwhelming majority of people I have queried who are in favour of Classic are in fact - not Classic players. Many of them are Wrath players. Which should tell you something about who is asking for what.

5 Likes

I was around as a kid during the last few months of Classic before TBC released. Got to around level 30! I know that even though it won’t be the same as back then I’m still looking forward to reliving the old zones, the old world and the gameplay philosophies of back then, and that’s including the inconveniences that we all lived with. The possibilities down the line are exciting. Imagine if at the end of Classic’s release schedule they do what OSRS does and add new content specifically tailored to that type of gameplay and stories/raids that branch off from the main canon as its own separate continuity. It could definitely work.

As one who played to 60 with my RL friends It will be an interesting, if jarring experience for me to relive. Considering there are at best a handful of us left now playing the game (from the whole guild worth of RL folks from my High School).

Although this time I probably won’t start off with a Warlock…

I highly doubt they will add new “non-canon” content into Classic, such a thing could only be justified if there was a huge uptake in playing it, which sadly I can’t see happening.

I…Actually kind of preferred it to FFX. Maybe because the protagonist from X was wretched and having a game without him was refreshing.

I never thought about it until now. That is a pretty good point. So that is where the developers of Legion went! Aha! Or maybe (as Blizzard states themself) they wandered to the development of the future WoW/Diablo mobile game.

Maybe they will return with the next expansion, will see.

I honestly doubt that. Classic is meant to be a cashcow in some way. They are not going to design new content for classic as far as I know.

And WoW mobile? Imagine raiding and roleplaying on a tiny screen.

Whatever the mobile game is is likely designed for a chinese audience, mobile games are a bigger market there. Thenagain, that chinese guy on the advert page of the transcontinental telegram network claimed netease are a joke of a company.

I didn’t say this. The reasoning behind their brighter minds being on Classic is simply because they have

1. listened to player feedback for once and
  2. understand that if they launch at 1.12 (the initial plan) they are basically removing the authentic classic experience.

And it is probably far less work and cost intensive than making content for retail. I think BfA is the last expansion to begin with. Concluding the game’s story with “peace” is actually a good and logical ending.

Nevertheless, RP and this game are both slowly dying. Quite clear to see when you notice that this patch hasn’t brought anyone back to the game.

Nah, they’ve got at least one more left, unless BfA goes into like…8.12 patch or something.

I doubt there is a point in making another costly expansion for a playerbase that keeps shrinking. It’ll either be a low budget expansion or no expansion at all.

1 Like

I heard they were going to add cut raids and such into classic, would that count as new content or old in your book?

No no, it is said by some sources that it’s a pokemon-GO! type of game.

The Dragon Isles are a good idea should they decide to go down that route.

so far I am pretty sure they are going to add Grim Botal since that was apparently ment to have been a raid in vanil but was cut for one reason or another.

so I am 99% sure classic will have a new never before seen raid that was cut from classic.