Unpopular Opinions

Most altposters are

13 Likes

Of course Dreadbore can’t deal with strong female protagonists in his media. Typical.

3 Likes

Woah now, woah.

Woah.

I can’t deal with bad female protagonists in my media.

Looks pointedly at Jaina’s BFA writing

4 Likes

Jaina at Battle of Dazar’alor

https://i.redd.it/ilal7qwm8ua21.png

2 Likes

I’m not budging on my stance until I’m offered a netflix series.

Titans is a good show. Saying this as someone who also didnt watch this for ages until convinced otherwise due to Robin saying “F*ck Batman” in the trailers and ebony starfire.

2 Likes

[disco music intensifies]

2 Likes

I don’t know what this means, I’m intimidated, and basically I’m going to kill you now Telaryn.

5 Likes
3 Likes

Good points. But I barely see any of that when actually RPing.

Been around for the block for ten years now, and I can count on my finger the number of elves that actually fit the lovely description you painted. Most of them are basically just your average fantasy high elf. They are nice, virtuous and eager to buddy up with their former enemies without a hint of scorn, let alone arrogance.
Obviously I don’t expect people to follow a stereotypes blindly, but at least show SOMETHING in the character as a reminder that your elf belongs to this particular society, anything.

Do note that I am talking as an Orgrimmar RPer. If things are better in Silvermoon in that regard, then please export some of these elves ASAP. I’m just about done with happy go lucky elf rangers or lawful good blood knights.

8 Likes

Oi now, I’m not some fresh meat to be sold across continents :frowning:

Orgrimmar tends to generate Sin’dorcs, which is a shame.

4 Likes

Not all of us are like that, just not how all orcs are “Pfah, pinkskins! You are weak!!!” when that is 80% I see happen in Orgrimmar.

I hardly think the orc playerbase is any better. Hell, I’ll pump these numbers up to 90%.

Ironically enough each playerbase need to take a hint from one another. Orc RPers should stray a bit more from the common cliches of their race so they won’t all be Grom cosplayers, while Blood Elf RPers should ground their concepts more into the culture of the race so they don’t feel so out of place.

I miss those humble days when if someone mentioned Sin’dorcs to a particular Moklohn banshee we’d get hit by a 20-page long AA archive entry or document detailing how the character is completely valid and adhering to lore.

1 Like

sounds like :hot_pepper: spicy :hot_pepper: stuff

As a former Moklohn, who knows said banshee, this made me laugh.

In her defense, there’s nothing lore breaking about a sindoorc. It’s just that it reeked of “I wanna play a pretty elf in Orgrimmar and not get bullied by orcs”

Mate, not even Liadrin is much off of a high elf

There is actually an example of a sin’dorc in Stonard and has been since TBC, however he comes across as incredibly awkward and eccentric when you speak to him. He was sent to the Swamp of Sorrows by his peers due to being annoying.

It’s a far cry from all the steroid abusing, mohawked and pierced punk-orc-elves though.

12 Likes

Sin’dorcs? What’s a sin’dorc?