Unpopular Opinions

Blood Elf that acts like an Orc I guess.

5 Likes

Aerilen on the other hand is a sin’dork

5 Likes

All Blood Elves please behave like Thranduil from The Hobbit so I can throw angry short people insults at you.

Thranduil was the good guy so…

Soft Baruk Khazad.

“I will not stand down before any Elf. Not least this faithless woodland sprite. He wishes nothing but ill upon my people. If he chooses to stand between me and my kin, I’ll split his pretty head open! See if he’s still smirking then.”

1 Like

Monster Hunter is silly.

1 Like

Don’t talk to me or my Dodogama ever again.

1 Like

Unpopular Opinion…

Some of the things that people get annoyed at, like for example Sin’dorc’s can quickly have an explenation.

For example Sin’dorc’s could be Blood Elves of a certain age, that are totally ‘not going through a phase mom’, acts of rebellion and embracing a different culture to the embarassment of their parents and the praise of their peers.

Basically punk/goth/mosher/what ever culture but with pointy ears.

It makes less sense if you are an elf in tripple digits doing it though.

The IC isn’t the problem, the OOC “i want to play an orc but orcs be ugly so I’ll make a belf that acts orky, WAAAAAAGHHHH!!!” is the problem.

3 Likes

Not sure if this opinion is unpopular, but im the high vs. low fantasy argument I’ve found things to be really fun when you RP with a group thats a mixed bag on the spectrum rather than sticking to one end or the other.

3 Likes

Some of the best characters are the simplest characters. You don’t need a 5 page long backstory and a list of titles to make a compelling character.

Ironically enough, they fall flatter because they rely too much of what MADE them not what MAKES them, if that makes sense.

15 Likes

I rarely see the issue in players making up their own pockets of lands or settlements in a region existing in-game for their character, whether it be to push some sort of guild narrative or just serve in the backdrop for their past.

The only cases where I’d consider it a bit of a hassle is if an actual in-game town is used to visually represent that patch of land, whilst other roleplayers who don’t acknowledge it as such are trying to use it as well for what it is in canon. But even then it can quickly get resolved without having to step on anyone’s toes.

4 Likes

One time Womp remember when we met Farmer Prug outside Orgrimmar even though farm was not Farmer’s Prug farm in ack-tual-aly-tea.

He still tell Womp and Domp to get off his lawn.

4 Likes

D:< He did not!
Why, if I were in Prug’s shoes I would not have hesitated to invite Womp and Domp inside for supper. Only the finest boar jerky for Orgrimmars most diligent pair of peons!

2 Likes

My unpopular opinion is that it’s fine to throw in references and memes in RP as long as they fit the current situation in context.

Hamfisting and regurtitating memes out of context is bad. A well timed reference is all good.

20 Likes

weird flex but okay xd

I remember I once made a genuine friend over this. I then proceeded to hamfist said meme into the dirt that you couldn’t recognise it’s face and now I feel bad.

He did too! Farmer Prug a meanie. He not as bad as stupid Zunk but he still mean and bad, but this tree-elf not too bad. Womp maybe make friend with one day when war over and everything is okie-dokie?

2 Likes

There are too many young elves and draenei. You must be at least 8000 years old to join the Alliance.

2 Likes

But…The Humans?..

Does this mean that if I joined while being too young I may just leave?

1 Like