Unpruning: Can we just go back to MoP class design and take it from here?

Imo, Blizzard was right to simply delete the “support” class out of the game in Cata. It just cannot work in modern wow. If my roster needs to pump more damages, than a true DPS spec is a better choice, same for healing, why would I bring a support if a healer can pump more heals ?

At this day, it’s still the case. Those complaints are still well and alive !If it’s not Arms Warrior (It was in 8.0) then it’s another broken FOTM spec, chiefly DH.

Imo, for BFA, I think the playerbase really meant it. I know it’s some sort of meme we used to have going back to TBC, but I feel like it’s different with BFA.

I’m quite split on this statement. There are things that I really prefered in WoD than I do in BFA, but I do have now less resentment against WoD than against BFA. Sure, WoD had a lot of blunders, but a part of me thinks that maybe it’s better to have nothing to do than being 10000000 dayli chores.

At this point, TBC, WOTLK, CATA, MOP are structurely better than BFA. And I dare to say that even WoD, could have been greater than BFA.

There is a balance to find. I do like mop, but I do agree that we had too much utilities, even if some of powercreep came from CATA (For instance, rogue self heal was a cata finisher). But on the same time, reverting back to wotlk is not great, as I showed on this topic, rotation would be more dumb and dull than bfa’s rotation. It’s safe to say that players don’t want dull and dumb gameplay anymore. However, talking about Blizzard finding a correct balance between not enough and toooooo much, well…They never achieved that.

1 Like

u act as if im the first player in the world to ever challange weather MoP was best class design or not lol… im obviously not. I’ve read More then 56 Players Asking for WoTLK Design… and thats Equal to the quantity of votes for MoP in that poll.

the players fighting it in this Post… aswell as the ones who fought it in the Megathread on this among the players Demanding WoTLK back Aswell as the players Diving on vanilla… prove that there are TONS of players who loved this game for Different expansions.

Again i will re-iterate.

im not Against MoP, im not talking about “a Silent majority who hates MoP” either, as i stated in my orginal Post… MoP Was the Last time WoW was good… so its the time in the game that will stick to players Minds most.

Lots of people Wil remmeber the Last time they loved something… not the first. and also may i add, by the time we reached MoP, alot of the people against Modern WoW design had already quit the game and wouldnt be presentg in these conversations Nor Polls.

by MoPs Arrival, WoW was VERY different to the orginal game that was Sold to the games First audience… and its Kinda stated Several times. theres MORE Players who orginate from WoTLK / MoP present in WoW then there are Vanilla Players

(again before i start a flame war, im not stating this to invalidate someones opinon based on when they started). im just merely stating… WoTLK / MoP was ALOT of players in the current game first time in WoW. Combined with the fact that MoP Was the last good expansion this game had.

I just simply dont think MoP had the best design for every class in the game, Shadow priest in MoP Was Trash… and made as almost a “Support healer” that was Benched by the majority of the community.,. and the Orginal Second Winds was one of thje most QQ’d things ever.

https://strawpoll.com/49xr26h7/r

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/8di7ul/which_expansion_had_the_best_class_design_for_you/

yes, it is the majority who shares this opinion, you can have your personal one but don’t try to discredit the obvious facts unless you, yourself deliver something :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cata Spriest wasnt a Support class. it was on the Mind orbs and actually was VERY strong throughout, its MoP that created the dumb Support healer crap that got attached to it.

im not saying the balance has gotten any better, i just dont exactly agree with MoP being the golden age of balancing.

yes as i agree, every expansion is Pretty much Better then BFA… and Anyone throughout any starting point in the game… would hate this expansion comparitively :stuck_out_tongue:

tthey’re both pretty damn Bad, but atleast BFA has M+ throughout… and did get Slightly better… WoD Went sour and then dove off a Bridge in terms of content as the Devs just gave up on it .

Its not a case of not wanting anything from MoP, theres LOTS of things From MoP i’d like to see Concept wise implemented once again. I just dont think you can really statically State MoP Was better then every expansion for every class in the entire game :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Players stated MoP in this thread, Equal to Wrath. and even 2 of those votes Stated a completely different expansion for a other class… 45% isnt a Majority… more then other expansion votes. but not a majority. and again a Fraction of even todays Player base in quantity.

neither of these sources Prove a Actual Defintive Choice of preferred expansion.

Most Players who DISLIKED MoP quit BEFORE MoP.

lets not pretend MoPs release DIDNT have one of the Highest Population Bleeds in the games History.

you seem to forget.

Wrath had over 10million players.
MoP had like 6 Million.

and yes im aware Cata and more had bleeds throughout also, but ur discrediting the Quantity of players who quit this game on MoP release and Never returned.

https:// www.mmo-champion. com/threads/2395179-Best-WoW-Expansion-Poll

heres a Pole which states WoTLK as the best expansion

and it has MORE votes then all ur poles.

https:// eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/rank-each-expansion-from-best-to-worst/ 21224/5

heres Another one… which ALOT of people put WoTLK, Legion and More At the top of their lists in ranking.

https:/ /www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/9gvb3b/best_expansion_in_your_opinion_and_why /

and another

Heres why, Because theres 2 Million Polls going on throughout EVERY EXPANSION OF WoW who ALL dictate a completely different expansion at the top of their lists.

heck that final one Starts off with like 5 people consecutively saying Legion…

1 Like

I’m tunneling on my main specs, so I was not aware they did that in MoP. Yeah, that sucks balls. This kind of idea just makes nonsense.

And I agree. I would also say that true balance cannot be achieved in WoW. It can’t. However, true op class shifting should occur more often.

If Blizzard somehow manages to do worst than BFA, then I’m gonna aplaud. Spoiler : I would not be astonished on the same time eheh.

Someone told me that he tought BFA was better than WOD till…8.3 came with corruption. That was enough to turn his opinion from BFA > WoD to WOD >>> BFA. For me, 8.2 could have been better if essences acquisition was better.

At this point, each xpansion has pros and cons. The thing is to only pick the best and remove the bad…Blizzard still can’t do that properly :s

one thing on these polls is really surprising me, the fact that people are rating Legion class design way higher than they do WoD’s class design.

I think this is mostly due to the incompetence of objectiveness when comparing the two expansions, maybe I am wrong and Legion actually had good class design, I for my part hated it and I had many friends who put up with WoD’s missing content but quit in Legion because they didn’t enjoy their class anymore.

1 Like

are you that dense ?

Exactly, its mostly MoP and Wrath, ill ask again, whats so hard to grasp ?

While I’m kinda sad that you brought up polls about the best WoW Xpac rather than the actual topic, the best class design, i find it funny that even there MoP is so close to wrath.

Are you just trying so hard right now to figure if more people liked wrath or MoP ? Jesus, you guys are some special ones

Stop trying to change the topic now, you even linked proof yourself that many if not the majority liked the expansion. But nice try to keep going regardless of the fact that you were wrong in your previous posts :wink:

2 Likes

Legion was fun tought. Simple, but so fast that I’ve forgotten what I lost.
People are not rating “class design” but the fun they had. But I don’t think that WoD was that bad in term of fun spec (Yes, retribladin was enjoyable, can’t speak for other specs).
Legendaries and weapons simply hid the fact that our specs got gutted. And I agree, the true prunning happened in legion, not in WoD, which was just a MoP downgrade. The reason we’re hating BFA class design is that we’re only seing now that our classes got butchered.

2 Likes

You make me sad. :unamused:

1 Like

then we essentially agree

its not a case of I wouldnt take MoP over current WoW, because Obviously i think if these were the Only options… we’d see 90% of players vote MoP. Im just saying theres a difference between taking a Philiosphy Above repeating a entire expansion is a better idea.

Yes it quyite funny the Legendary RNG Fest Was peoples favorite xD, but it does prove a Point to theres LOTS of favored votes to these expansions reguardless

The last 2 actually put legion as one of the top :stuck_out_tongue:

I meant to quote the link from deepoxysbabe where specifically class design was the topic, my fault.

Yes and I saw the rotten foundation most classes had already in legion, the expansion just had better cover ups than BfA.

1 Like

You still don’t get it, do you ? You’ve been linking polls about the best expansion, that barely has anything to do with class design itself ? Classic and TBC were great expansions overall but class design was massivly lacking. Legion was aight but class design was lacking

do you even know what the topic is about ? Lol

honestly, if its only about class design i barely feel a difference in any of the past 3 expansions. Can’t really tell because all 3 feel like a browser game to me.

1 Like

No developer in their right mind would use a design that is used by previous developers, its a insult. Each developer must design a game based on their own design in which it would improve their resume.

You can’t use the subs drop as an argument that the expansion was bad and acknowledge that these people didn’t even give it a try.

This takes the expansion in its globality, with the daily quests and others problems. I’m not suggesting to delete the last 3 expansions, just to go back to MoP’s class design.

1 Like

I think the bigger insult would be a developer that doesn’t want the game to be as good as possible, no matter if the concept that brings him there is a re-used one from the past or something completely new that he came up with.

2 Likes

I didn’t say mop is bad nor did I try to imply the majority thought it was bad either

This, I think.

Some classes suffer from it more than others - enh shaman is full of procs, monks only get one with traits - but it still feels a bit unsatisfying. I didn’t earn this free spinning crane kick, I didn’t do any setup to make it happen, and I can’t nudge it to happen when I want it to. It just sometimes does and sometimes doesn’t. Be happier if they were tied to critical strikes, at least I’d have some means of getting more.

1 Like

While Cataclysm did start with slight homogenization with the class designs, in MOP it took even more drastic design action and ended up very wiered and poor to play with.

MOP design is not good nor creative, any one can just give everything to everyone it does not require intelligence to do so. Just throw everything in the blender and then give Priest vanish. LOL. While it may be appealing for few low skilled priests to have this sort of advantage it was not really fun nor it made sense.

What is so good about all having burst/cc/interrupt? Then having strange things like Moving casters/Vanish Priests/Healing mages? How I used to be top dps/heals in raids as discipline by doing my 3 buttons rotation LOL or

Nah, it was a mess. Only the vocal minority panda boys in social media sites today wants that garbage.In reality, if Blizzard re-released MOP as classic release. Nobody would play it.

The only people wanting this MOP trash clearly did not play it since release or maybe none at all.

The fact is MOP is the least received expansion in WOW history. Check initial orders and you will find the lowest numbers ever in WoW history till today. Check the social media site like Youtube videos, the lowest likes, check metacritic the least score (Only recently panda boys upvoted them LOL how desperate)

Imagine if LOTR had pandas, what a theme breaking $%^@ that would be. This is what happened to WOW. Sadly it never got recovered after that at all.

2 Likes