UPDATE: Retail queue exploit not addressed yet, to form premades in AV

Would allowing only allow one 5 man group per BG fix it?

Nope, the other thread already described the exploit that was posted on ownedcore so I guess I might as well explain it.

The post on ownedcore mentions that 20 groups of 2 players in each can perform this exploit, so putting in some ineffective “only one 5 man group per AV” wouldn’t change anything.

The problem is that they brought in this weird limit in the first place, which is like retail. So now they’re using the same exploit that has been used in retail for years.

Funny, right?

Anyway, this is something people can report directly to Blizzard’s investigation unit by emailing hacks@blizzard.com so I wouldn’t recommend continuing to form those premades exceeding the limit via coordinated abuse of the system.

To anyone reading this, just remember to mention the AV number, time of day & date and that it’s in the EU region. The rest they can get from server logs.

Time to force direct punitive actions.

Allow one group of any size would fix then?

Not that I saying it’s against the rules just wrong in other ways.

It wouldn’t work as a matchmaking metric, it would basically put the groups queuing (i.e. groups of any size) into a separate queue with one for each AV.

It’d turn it into an extremely long queue for groups, based on how many groups there are queuing at the same time relative to the amount of AV instances that’s up.

So that would discourage grouping, isn’t that what you and others are trying to do? Or do you think the players would find another way round it and all get into the same AV another way without grouping?

The essential part of any exploit to form premades past an in-game limitation is by using methods to decrease the pool size of potential players that you can get grouped up with in that moment in order to make it manipulable.
So any pool small enough to begin with, like the one for Russian realms, can do this just by timing the queue even while solo queuing. It would however prevent the gigantic pool of the rest of EU to do it though.

No, I’d actually prefer “realm wars” to be a thing with everyone able to queue as a full raid. Would make it more interesting and a little less anonymous.

But since that isn’t a thing, it counts as an exploit to do it anyway when it actually depends on the pool size or average queue time, which can only work for one side unfortunately.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.