[UPDATED JULY 25] Prepare for Lift Off: Get Ready for Flying in Chains of Domination

You can’t. You’ll fall flat on your back!

People are getting real impatient now and rightly so… we need that release date ASAP

edited post

4 Likes

You need 14 more renown to 40 first. So with catch up and a bit of luck you can get to 40 within 14 Heroic dungeons (1 renown per dungeon). As soon as 9.1 hits and the new renown gets added you can only go from 40 to the next cap based on the weekly renown gain as they will no longer drop from dungeons and stuff unless you fall behind again.

Then they have to deal with being made fun of.

Oh gee thanks, flying in 9.1 instead of 9.2 (it was 7.2 and 8.2 before). Why is that? Because 9.1 comes about as late as 9.2 should be coming lol xDDD

Can we just stop with this nonsense and go back to MOP? Level up on the ground and buy a flying skill at max level, simple as that.

This flying restriction limits design space on the zones themselves which are becoming smaller and more cramped every expansion. Vast, varied and vertical zones of the past never happen today because they need to make the game bearable in the first year when flying is disabled.

Remember those zones?
-Twin Peaks
-Icecrown
-Deepholm
-Hyjal
-Uldum

These were absolutely huge. It feels that one such zone was about as large as all 4 shadowlands zones combined. And you didn’t had to put a million mobs everywhere because you had space. And unrestricted flying meant that you can get away with a huge map without making your playerbase frustrated.

They’re like commies. They try to fix problems they invented in the first place.

5 Likes

edited post

2 Likes

Both Icecrown and Twin Peaks were designed with flying in mind. Icecrown was also “dead space” for the majority of its landmass.

It means youre hiding. Unless its an old character that has the “history”. So ye, those people have to deal with being made fun of occasionally. Especially classic characters that take hiding to a new level. That there are nowadays people alt hopping to spam is just adding to the general dislike of alt posting.

Dose people be da worst.

The zones are too small and claustrophobic for flying to feel worth it.

1 Like

I post on this alt as this was the character selected when I first started using the forums as I didn’t care about what one I was using, Was that hiding? Hiding from what exactly?

4 Likes

I hope it’s gonna be with gold and not something like farm 10k anima to bought the riding skill on each character :weary:

3 Likes

cough

People hiding their achivs or what do i know.

Depends on the context and whether the topic discussed requires first hand experience.

Oh my goodness, I hadn’t even considered blizzard would make us pay for it, much less anima.

That would totally kill it for me, if each char (upon being able to purchase the liscence due to main) has to shell out several thousand anima to actually fly. Oh hell nah to that.

5 Likes

Yeah - this seems like the “worst of both worlds” scenario - both jumping through time-gated/grindy hoops like pathfinder, and purchasing the ability on each character.

Let’s hope we are being unduly pessimistic and that it won’t be so bad in reality. Hopefully more details (such as the price!) will come out sooner rather than later. Anyone got any inside info from the PTR?

1 Like

Ya’ll are scaring me now… I don’t want to farm anima again :cold_face:

1 Like

There’s no such thing. Things can always get worse.

4 Likes

TBH I don’t see it as Pathfinder, because we WANT renown and we earn it by doing important stuff, so it’s not an artifical barrier.

BFA had me grind rep with Magni and the turtles for no reason other than to earn pathfinder as I had absolutely no interest in their rewards. So I had to go out of my way, to do stuff which yielded essentially no unique benefit that I couldn’t get doing something meaningful, just because blizzard said I had to. It sucked for that reason (I still unlocked flying within just under two weeks of it being released however).

So i’m not fussed on the renown rec, but having to pay for it as well, one time per account? Sure…I could get behind that. But if every char has to do it, it’s just taking the old system, the new one, and smashing them together for no reason. Why?

I agree. Argus was insufferable so I didn’t do a great deal there. I thought they had learnt their lesson and let us fly in Nazjatar which was another insufferable place but flying made it tolerable. Problem with Nazjatar was that by the time I’d earnt flying I was sick of the place and didn’t stick around that much.

They just post this blue because ppl are screaming in rage, but in reality 9.1 is not even rdy.

so getting flying against except where we would need it the most (the maw)?
cool story. Sitting in oribos all day anyways who cares then