[UPDATED JULY 25] Prepare for Lift Off: Get Ready for Flying in Chains of Domination

Gold would make sense as it can be farmed in every expansion. Going forward, when we are done with Shadowlands, it’s likely that Blizzard will drop the renown requirement, but will keep the gold requirement. At least, this is what makes sense to me.

It is indeed. Pathfinder’s great advantage was being a one time grind that saved a lot of gold compared to the purchase option. Now there’s really no advantage. Either let us purchase flying from the beginning or make us grind it for free, not both :unamused:

3 Likes

I’ll be surprised if 9.1 arrives before September.

No no no , the important thing is you get to fly in 9.1 ! It doesn’t matter when it comes :joy:

"This consumable item allows all characters on your account to purchase the Riding Skill needed to fly within the four main Shadowlands zones!"

Let me guess, it costs like 35k anima to buy the riding skill on each alt (after getting the consumable.)

2 Likes

Now now, Ceranity- please don’t give them any silly ideas :laughing::laughing:

Tbh it really would not surprise me if its another anima/lost souls/stygia/new currency grind. I can just imagine Ion sat in his office like this…

3 Likes

I saw this topic yesterday,
I never replied to it, too dissapointing.

i expected a release date.

Come on blizzard get your stuff together, hire more people do something its 9.1 time

1 Like

I hope not - I really, really hope not. I don’t mind grinding out anima on my main, or even my most played alts. But for every character? Yeah, hell no! That would be the end to any claims about Shadowlands being “alt friendly”!

2 Likes

Stop giving them ideas D:

Point still stands, his Classic Alt is lvl10… and if he has a maxed out Classic main of godliness, it makes sense to use it, especially when having a pop at Blizz while evangelising Classic… Far too many lowbie Classic Alts being edgy on the General Forum, when they could be playing Classic, which already exists.

Which strongly suggests Classic players recognise they have a rather major problem… finite content, which they are completing at breakneck speed (not to mention all those quality of life changes)…so they want to appropriate Retail and force current Retail players, to game in a manner they wish to dictate.

2 Likes

edited post

How long is a piece of string and do you intend to no-life it?
Blizz have indicated from 40 renown, it will be achievable in two weeks, they will also be increasing catch-up mechanics for those below 40 renown.

Yes, it does… I would prefer Blizz to focus development on plenty of new Retail content to bring the love, after the drought…rather than nostalgia content, which will be completed by min/maxers in weeks.

post deleted

You can start casually working toward 40 now,so it will only take two weeks to get 45 once 9.1 is live.

1 Like

If you do callings and actually do content like dungeons or PvP, renown is quick. I dinged 60 about 2.5 weeks ago and I’m at renown 40 as of this Wednesday.

2 weeks on top for 45 is not a huge grind when you look at what we’ve had in the past. Starting from a fresh 60 it’s about 4 weeks of work total.

Unlike prior, you don’t even have to concentrate on it. I’ve just been doing callings before timeout and dungeon running, and voila, max renown. No chores came into it.

This will easily be the “easiest” pathfinder going, seeing as it is in your interests to raise renown for soulbind purposes. Depending on the cost of the licence. If gold, fine, we need a gold sink badly in SL anyway. If anima, then we may get more sceptical.

If flying is for gold per char again and the cheapest it will be is 5000gold if you have 50 chars thats 250,000 a quarter of a million .

They make us wait until far into expac and jump through hoops and now is not account wide do they really want to push the last of the few players left away .

Its bad enough with the current WQ/Daily system that NOBODY asked for .

Its just another way to force people who do not have much gold to buy tokens .

7 Likes

I dinged a new priest 2 days ago and she is level 21 already from my workings on 10 chars now 1-30 is really fast but 30-40 slows down some . It is worth if you can stomach it a run in LFR usually 1 renown per boss.
This char

2 Likes

Got to renown 40 on my alts with weekly quests and emissaries, while leaving the campaign between chapters 2 and 4…will I need to complete it still or just 40 renown is enough to progress on new patch?

Last time I cancelled my sub was the day I read flying was gone for good in WoD, didn’t re-sub until I could earn flying.
If your guess is remotely close to true then I might have to unsub again. I quite like Pathfinder in so far as it’s account wide and allows flying for levelling alts. It’s come too late and with too much grind but the princlple of it is sound.

1 Like

Oke we all knew about this weeks before the post so this is no news at all, what would be news is giving us a DATE. it can’t be that hard. we all know communication isn’t you best quality Blizzard but this is just fake news we all know what is coming we have all seen it.
so give us a DATE when is 9.1 live