Upgrading Your Version of Shadowlands

To answer some questions in regards to the Collector’s Edition and its content:
In the coming months, we will announce our retail-only Collector’s Edition to commemorate the release of Shadowlands, featuring everything in the Epic Edition, and more!

We have seen some questions about how upgrades will work for the different versions of Shadowlands. While the process is similar to the last expansion, we want to take a moment to clarify how upgrades will work for some of the most common situations.

Upgrading from Any Digital Version to Collector’s Edition
If you purchase any digital copy of Shadowlands (Base, Heroic, or Epic), and then upgrade to the Collector’s Edition in the future, we will automatically credit you the cost of the digital copy in Blizzard Balance - as long as you enter the Collector’s Edition key before a future deadline. When you enter the key from your Collector’s Edition, we will see the original transaction on your account and the credit will be added. We will have details on this deadline when we have more information to share regarding the Collector’s Edition.

Upgrading from Base Edition to Heroic or Epic Edition then to Collector’s Edition
If you purchase the Base Edition of Shadowlands, then upgrade to the Heroic or Epic Edition, and THEN upgrade to the Collector’s Edition, your Blizzard Balance will be the price you paid for the original Base Edition.

Upgrading from Heroic to Epic Edition then to Collector’s Edition
If you purchase the Heroic Edition of Shadowlands, then upgrade to the Epic Edition, and THEN upgrade to the Collector’s Edition, your Blizzard Balance will be the price you paid for the original Heroic Edition.

Upgrading from Base Edition to Heroic or Epic Edition
If you purchase the Base Edition of Shadowlands, you will be able to upgrade to the Heroic or Epic Edition for the difference in cost between the versions.

4 Likes

seems a bit of a scam not refunding the highest edition you got prior to collectors?
(in cases 2 and 3)

6 Likes

Yea, surely they’d at least refund the most expensive?

4 Likes

I don’t get it. Basicly you are telling people that rushed out to buy the basic version, not to upgrade or if they want to upgrade not to buy the Collectors Edition else you will scam them.

How can people even make an informed decision on which version they want if the contents of the collectors edition are not even announced? I might want to buy a Collectors Edition, but not one like BFA. This policy makes zero sense to me.

2 Likes

When can we start Pre-order the CE collection?
Checked in to the local store the other day and they told me you can’t just yet.

Hey EA lets pretend the old system didn’t work where u just pay less for the bigger editions when u already have the basic edition. :clown_face:

1 Like

Wow, looks like we get Blizzard Monopoly Money (which is worth dog-s*it) for upgrading to a “collector’s” edition… Yeah, Scam along Blizzard…

So basically you’re saying ‘we’re giving you back money but you can only spend it with us’
That’s a really scammy move

you are advertising the UK game for £69.99 and the US game for $79.99, at todays exchange rate $79.99 = £62.34, why are we being charged £7 extra???

3 Likes

Most likely VAT.

I think, but dont know for sure, that VAT is already in the final price, if that is that case then they make £7 odd on every copy, and sell over 10 million copies, not a bad profit is it??

@Shammytone: I am not 100% sure about this, but I think that in at least some cases EU requires prices with VAT included, while US prices are often VAT excluded, because different states within US have highly different VAT %s.

thanks mate

I seem to be missing my Armor set and my 110 boost…

Since i couldnt find how to create a topic on this new forum im going to ask here instead. Will we ever get an expansion as well created as WotLK again? The zones, storys, artwork were exeptional. Aswel as a ton of dungeons and BIG raids like ICC. Or if you now dont want to spend the same ammount of time on a expansion, will we ever see a server for WotLK like you did with classic? It doesnt seem fair to me that the “classic lovers” get all they ever dreamed of and we who loved the game in WotLK has to suffer with the bad design of expansions after it. Would be extreamly greatful if you could answer this since a huge load of my followers is wondering the same exact thing.

Why not just give you discount on the upgraded version? Don’t refund me, just make me pay less for the upgrade.

No Class Change option, no Vulpera Druids and now this. Blizz you are throttling the fun out of this game.

#VulperaNeedsDruids

Let’s hope it’s of the quality we had in the past before the joke that was bfa CE. I was truly disappointed with the contents.

What I don’t get is why you’d include pictures of boxes in your digital only releases? It’s like asking for confusion.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.