Upsetting messup with trial chars: Can receive mail but not send!

It’s MY opinion not someone else’s.

Obviously you didn’t as the link above tells you what you need to know.

It appears the post boils down to that you have feedback about the Class Trial system, which you can submit through the ingame suggestion box as CS doesn’t monitor feedback here.

Magical Suggestion Box

You can await a response on the GM ticket to see if they can help with returning the mail in the meantime.

Prolly to stop u opening the box and sending urself 500g per trial char…

Or bots using the trial chars to mass farm faster?

I think blizzard defintly did think, the flaw was the fsct they let u send gold to a trial char :joy:

1 Like

One of the containers merely contains worthless alt spec gear, the other has always been prohibited from opening unless you enable the char fully.
There surely is some anti-exploit measure as basis for it. But if WoW design wasn’t so much improvisation-style, then you would get a warning message when trying to send stuff to your trial char. Same for expired auctions and locked chars. The game would inform, isntead of the user having to actively hunt for some support articles. I mean, does the game even tell you how long the trial phase is? (IIRC it used to be two hours, now it seems to be three.)

even if its only 50g a time, its still a limtless, macroable character spam for free gold.

yeah, but how many times have they had to ban wave players for doing it?.

ALOT.

WoD levelling.
valkdrakken reputation
DF Alchemy.
vendor buying and selling

off the top of my head, been loads of them however.

Blizzards Job, is to ensure products arent abusable, as tempting players into bannable activities, is basically losing profit for them, so they simply will dodge it.

Not really, because it has always had a limitation of how many trial characters you can create. IIRC the limit is weekly.
The total value of such a char is also so low that in the time it takes to create one and send the gold value away, you could have made multiples with other game activities.
But one thing I imagine this was useful for is when you start a char on a new realm, completely broke, and need at least a humble amount of gold to get started, without having to beg. (Although I assume begging for 100-500G is laughed at and done without worry of it being inauthentic. It might be a bigger hassle to find someone from your own realm among the many cross-realmed players.)

1 Like

its still free gold, that shouldnt happen. lol, the economy is Ruined enough, without some 40 Account Multi botter passively gaining gold Lmfao.

8 per week. 500g a gp thats 4500 a Account.

if someone makes 10 accoutns, 45k Gold a Week, for logging on.

Surely if someone is running such an elaborate/extreme scheme, there are better ways to foil that than at the ‘bottom end’ of the game logic. (Yeah, I know this is unlikely here, haha.)

Well as i said the game shouldnt of let you send gold to a trial account knowing it csnt be sent off the trial account.

But i dont think its outrageous a trial account csnt send gold/mail. It is abusable as hell realistically.

1 Like

I agree that this is a relatively new change, though seems to have been there since around the end of 2021 according to the wayback machine.

Anyway you can’t deny that people have been using that feature for unintended purposes and Blizzard probably decided that enough is enough.

I don’t believe there’s a system that prevents you from sending mail ingame, just from opening it on accounts with no game time. And with how mail currently works even if you waited for it to expire it would be deleted and not sent back. And the mail recovery service is taken down right now (either for good or waiting a rehaul, that I don’t know).

You can send a suggestion as Saneko recommended but since it’s not a feature that currently exists in and something that’s not high priority I won’t expect it to be implemented any time soon.

Do you mean mail to a limited char gets deleted instead of sent back? When did the sendback feature stop working and where exactly?

It’s not confirmation either way, but I had a bugged mail on one of my chars once, a bank char. I removed the attached items but the mail itself was not deletable. So because customer support simply ‘shot my ticket down’, I had to leave it like that, and after 30 days it vanished. But again, that mail had already been opened and processed, just not completely removed.

Expired mail in general gets deleted now

I think it was changed around last September, also people who made tickets said they were chastised for using the mailbox as storage space.

1 Like

Wow, so if you accidentally send mail to a char of some random person’s deactivated account, it is doomed, lost? Or might “expired mail” mean ignored on an active account?
Why would there not be a sendback system anymore? For what reason? So complicated to allow it via a mail return system. (Although it sounds like it also allows non-expired mail to be restored, so actually returned on order.)

It’s returned after 30 days, You did the equivalent of sending it to an active account and they have opened it.

btw I think you can send mail to an inactive account.

I got a support response to me reopened ticket and it is predictably cringy-infuriating. The response was basically that they don’t help with locked trial chars. LOCKED! Where I made it frickin’ SUPER-CLEAR that it is about a NON-LOCKED char!
They also said I should write feedback about such here, while here I keep being told to do it in-game.

It was probably an AI response under the game of a supposed GM. Maybe the name doesn’t even belong to a real person.
Then again, some people on the forums act like bad AI, too.

Both are acceptable places to post feedback at, except that the Support forums do not monitor feedback.

The link you got in the GM response is probably the same as mines which means you may post on any appropriate non-support forums that suits your topic or if none meets then GD works or the ingame suggestion button.

And that is when you post within the rules ofcourse.

I finally reached a competent GM and “exceptionally” (I am bothered by that wording) got the mailed gold returned and can free up that precious character slot now.

There was no mention of intention to notify devs to fix this issue with one-way mail, though.

Its not the GM’s job to forward feedback or bug reports so that’s about right, however I have more news about that and its being worked at while disabled.

I was able to send mail from trial characters to non-trial characters in Shadowlands, so this must have been a recent change.

1 Like

Trial characters created during BFA (Level 45) and Shadowlands (Level 50) can send and receive mail if you still got those on your account.
Not being able to send mail is something that only applies to Dragonflight Trial characters (Level 60) and probably those that will come with future expansions.