Venthyr allied race 🦇

Welcome to an interesting topic about the potential scope for Venthyr to be added as an allied race in the future

I personally feel there is huge potential for the Venthyr
Not only do they look cool, dark, sinister and cunning; they have nice animations.
Artwork

[Demon Hunters]
If Demon Hunters were an available class , I would love to see the possible Demon forms available
Nathrezim for starters.

There are hints at Venthyr and Nathrezim having some ties but the form and customisation potential really gets me interested

[Mal’ganis]

[In-game]

[Venthyr Nathrezim]

Other contenders for Demon form could be similar to the model of General Grashaal from Castle Nathria Stone Legion Generals
Much more of a gargoyle-esque style, note the tail.

Available Classes

• Warrior
  • Rogue
  • Warlock
  • Demon Hunter
  • Priest
  • Hunter
  • Mage
  • Death Knight (maybe)

I don’t see a case being made for: Paladin, Shaman or Druid personally. As cool as it would be to have vampiric looking totems or druid forms.

Possaible mount

Outside of a different colour palette Gargon, I think a Venthyr looking bat would look incredible

Racial
Door of Shadows - 2min CD *
== Alternatively, displace as a swarm of bats and reform at a target location == same function, different aesthetic
** Vampiric or nathrezim inspired ** == Fangs of Denathrius / Fangs of Revendreth
Small twist linking to the nathrezim / sire denathrius origins, potential HP drain or stat boost like leech

I hope you enjoyed reading
While I understand it isn’t everyone’s cup of Theotar’s Tea
Let me know your thoughts :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Sadly it’s probably highly unlikely. If it didn’t happen during Shadowlands I just don’t see it happening ever; there’s not much reason to go back there narrative-wise and I don’t imagine it’s content the current dev team has any interest in.

2 Likes

Never say never! Mag’har Orcs came out in WOD and weren’t available as a playable race till BFA
Dark Iron Dwarves have been in the game since Vanilla, but became playable during BFA

I’d like to remain hopeful

Considering the trading post, warlock Glyphs that are coming, and more customisation options. Hopefully it opens the door for more allied races

5 Likes

This would be AWESOME

3 Likes

idk…why?
I have no problem with changing lore, classes, adding new races, etc as long as there is a believeable reason behind it.
Venthyr always seem to be happy being all emo and goth in Revendreth!

Out of all of the SL races I think the Kyrian would be most likely to become an allied race.

Of all the races already in the game and potential “Allied” races that could not be more of a crude pile of clichés…

It’s the Venthyr.

Allied Races was a cheap shabby trick to get people to buy BfA.

NO allied race could not be a customization option for an existing race.

All they did was give Blodd elves to the Alliance and Night Elves to the Horde, give them ASTOUNDINGLY badly written “justification” for joining said factions and the other races.

They are even worse.

“New race! Tauren with moose antlers!”
“Brilliant! That will ship some BfA sales!”

All Allied races has done is open the floodgates for people to yell “I want to play as (insert new race here that appeared as an enemy of both sides and has no earthly reason to join either faction)” and I’m saying that as someone who has wanted to play as a Gnoll.

4 Likes

would be great tbh and their form doesn’t look as bad as drachtyr or demon hunter either .

Nice ally for the Horde xD

It just doesn’t make sense for beings from the world of death and beyond to come in the mortal world, wear a tabard of the Horde or Alliance and engage in petty wars on Azeroth.

6 Likes

I’ll cut you a bargain my rounded furry friend
You can have the Kyrian…while I get to relish in the dark delights of the Venthyr under my super cool umbrella basking in Darkness :sunglasses:

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind, but the issue is that in lore they are literally dead.

I don’t think they can come to azeroth even if they wanted to.

1 Like

Don’t think the umbrella is that necessary unless in a zone with Light radiating from the sky. And interestingly Revendreth is the only zone where that’s the case :thinking:

A slightly convoluted way to convey your point

I humbly disagree however
I cannot stand mech gnomes. They are weird and to me make no sense. They don’t look cool , they don’t seem interesting and thankfully I don’t see them that often (they don’t actually bother me)
but I respect that others may really love them and enjoy playing them

I won’t claim to advocate appeasing the 0.0001%, like one guy that wants a yellow and black striped horse named peaches and we go… aww go on then.

However I think Venthyr would be a race that would be quite well received !

Dark , sinister & cunning races in all games have a fan base and the Venthyr nail it !
Would be such a shame and a waste for them not to become playable at some point
In my opinion

I also don’t agree with your stance on allied races. I don’t feel they were implemented for the sole reason to “trick people into buying BFA”. Wasn’t Nightborne and the other allied races available during Legion?

Did they mishandle it and use it to drive up pre-order sales and hype? Absolutely
Does that mean we shouldn’t have them? Absolutely not

1 Like

I think it would be amazing and a really creative way to give Demon Hunters more options and a new Demon Form

At the same time, they could create more customisation or appearance options for Night Elf / Blood Elf demon forms, or update the model which has aged terribly

I for one have adored the Nathrezim since Warcraft 3 and used to stare at the Dreadlord in the undercity - Varimathras way back when I first stated to play and created an Undead. This might just be a way to bring in the model in a playable format

1 Like

Death is meaningless for a player. Can just say that Azeroth established a connection to some Venthyr and that allows them to leave it. We are immortal beings anyway.

That light originates from our plane. And its because of the Naaru.

2 Likes

im just one glyphg away from being a dh main, yes that would be amazing but just letting us not go into form is also enough xd

2 Likes

Ahem
and Who said the Umbrella was for light? Maybe I just want to look incredibly important standing around waiting for my queue to pop :nail_care:

OR
Shield myself from the Ugly races :smirk:

I’ve wanted permanent Demon Wings , but larger since the Demon Hunter announcement
I can’t even explain how much I adore bat leathery wings
They are without a doubt the coolest thing in games
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

The lore isn’t a reliable basis for gameplay and choices anymore in my opinion

Besides, if that became a founding reason for us not to get them, would be a bit weird as you can level in Shadowlands
This then only disjoints WoW and the expansions further, which is game regression as far as I’m concerned

Also… Draenei will be able to be Warlocks next patch
Yeah… about that lore

Hold my Umbrella

3 Likes

Venthyr are no more or less undead than Kyrians, and they go to Azeroth, and indeed have been hanging out in graveyards since 1.0. Then there’s also the Maw forces and all undead ever; as the Maldraxxus lich lady pointed out necromancy is necromancy, undead are undead.

Impossible. Orcs, noems and male night elves are an inescapable part of the game.

1 Like

said the chicken lizard mix