{(Venthyr)A/RP} House Krolock 🦇

To the Denizens of Revendreth,

I know we have all been uprooted from the recent civil war and a shift in the balance of the Shadowlands and that times appear uncertain. I have written to you all to inform you my Court’s doors are always open, offering aid to those affected by these trying times. Here at House Krolock, you can expect a place to settle down and start a new life, sanctuary for you and certainty for your family. I can assure you I am a most generous master, no matter if you are a Dredger, Stoneborn or even a fellow Venthyr you will not be turned away.

At House Krolock we have not forgotten our most sacred and treasured ways, our honourable cause the atoning of souls, even the most sin ridden souls deserve that chance at redemption. Too long has our charge been changed and twisted, but now we will restore our sacred right to its former glory, far from the twisted rituals these other ‘Venthyr’ believed to be just.

For any residents amongst you are interested in the offer of joining our House, do not hesitate coming forward to the Castle personally, our Door Keeper will be there to greet you.

We wait with anticipation to see the true Venthyr ways once again reign in this now forsaken land.

Count Valmis Krolock.

In Character Information:
History:
One of many noble houses that make a living within the Castle District lays House Krolock lead currently by Count Valmis and his Son Xalaeth. There are rumours around Revendreth about the Castles mixed loyalties some to the Rebellion while the Count maintains to be fiercely loyal to the Sire. Count Krolock is known to rule with an iron fist as has been known as a Tyrant Leader, his own son is softer in nature but does not challenge his fathers’ rule however there is always a risk that this might change. It is believed that the castle will welcome to anyone the Castle with open arms however this is only a lie set in place by the Count to make people believe that they are safe.
However, it can be found that the Castle is keeping to some of its promises redeeming lost souls giving them the chance to join within their own ranks, making deals with Brokers and the shadier members of society to ensure their House remains “on top”. More public events are held within the house to expand their influence around the Shadowlands and influence these mortals which now walk in their lands filling their own sin stones so they may harvest upon them later. Rumours may have you believe they are a cult in nature religiously following their fallen masters wishes however while at part this may be true there are also kinder souls which reside in the Castle walls that simply just want to feel at home in Revendreth’s broken state.

Ranks:
Count (Co GM)
The Count is the title held by the current leader of the House and the one whose job it will be to Sire any new souls wishing to join the Venthyr ranks no matter if they wish to join the servants, enforcers or noble. The holder of this rank is however not alone in their trials they are assisted by the Lord of the House and a council of three advisors the Head Servant, General, and the Duke or Duchess of the House.
Current Holder: Valmis Krolock

Lord (Co GM)
The title of lord is granted to the Son of the Count who acts as the main guide to the leader watching over the creation of any new Stoneborn wishing to join their ranks. The Lord in time will be fully trained to Sire new Venthyr like the count readying for any change over in titles that may occur.
Current Holder: Xalaeth Krolock

Advisor (Officer)
Any House requires a court a group of trusted individuals that are the head of each subdivision of the house. Servants are minded by the Head Servant they oversee attending the grounds, tending to the residents of the Castle, as well as being charged with tending to the animals. The General of the house oversees the Enforcers they manage the army, who needs more training any orders of supplies needed and more. Finally, the Ambassador of the house looks after the nobility of the house and arranging any services between different families even different realms of the Shadowlands.
Current Officers:
• Head Servant - Grimwald Kronenberg
• General -
• Ambassador -

Aristocrat (Veteran)
The most loyal of the Commoners can finally make it into the Houses nobility each one of them gaining the respect of the Ambassador and boosting a well-earned title to go alongside of their ranks.

Enforcer (Veteran)
The most hardened Recruits who have finished their training join the rank of the Enforcers and earn a title alongside their new rank within the army. The General is the one to make these choices so keep their respect in mind.

Retainer (Veteran)
The main order of the most trusted servants dealing with secretive tasks and harder duties some of which can include dealing with the Count’s personal hunting pack. The Head Servant is there to keep an eye on the servants and when they finish their training, they bolster a new rank and title.

Commoner (Member)

After joining the ranks and getting through the trials first set to prove the worth anyone wishing to join with the nobles of the house will start in with the Commoner Title to start their etiquette lessons and more.

Recruit (Member)

After joining the ranks and getting through the trials first set to prove the worth anyone wishing to join with the houses army will start in with the Recruit Title there they will start being trained in weapons and defence.

Servant (Member)

After joining the ranks and getting through the trials first set to prove the worth anyone wishing to join with the serving force of the house will start in with the Servant Title where they will receive training in mannerisms and more.

Outsider (Unrecruited / Soul)

A soul in the current need of atoning or simply a worker in need of recruitment do not trust anyone with this title.

Out Of Character Information:
The Discord Disclaimer:
As you know House Krolock is a Venthyr Roleplay Guild that handles the redeeming of souls we will to a degree allow the souls to pick their own sins however it must be spoken through with an officer first to ensure sensitive topics are COMPLETELY avoided.

You may have a prideful soul, a jealous soul even someone that was a known flirt and like to take part in affairs these are some examples things like child abuse, rape, and really anything that will trigger PTSD like events for anyone OOCly is simply not allowed. Anyone that does not abide by this will be removed from the guild this is not a place to make fun off or take light of the situations listed above.

The next thing we want to make you all aware of is we are completely LGBTQ+ friendly anyone is welcome with us and due to this we expect our members to be respectful of each member and teasing and mocking will not be tolerated. If you are unsure of anything with a person such as pro-nouns please ask do not assume.

Rules:

• You need to be able to keep IC and OOC separate. Our concept is designed around the idea of generating conflict, which often leads to IC drama - and in the wrong hands, IC drama often turns into OOC drama. Are you able to keep the two separate and keep in mind that we do not hate you OOC just because your character may be punished for a mistake?
  • No metagaming, no ERP’ing (Anyone found in Goldshire will be instantly removed from the guild), no power/God emoting, Chaste/lustful bar in the trp. etc.
  • You are a representative of the guild all the time that our name sits above your head. Please do not give us a bad name in forums, trade chat and in all interactions.
  • Although as a Venthyr based guild we may deal with souls and such that have sensitive topics this does not by any means suggest that we take this lightly and will not tolerate jokes or making fun of the topics.
  • If you wish to come in as a soul being atoned, please be aware you will be beat down and abused as you see the souls in the atonement rituals do not take this personally.

Recruitment:

We can be contacted in many ways, in game is just one option or simply walk up to us in character you can typically find us around Pridefall Hamlet, and we will sort it all out there however be aware you will have to go for an OOC and IC interview just to make you are comfortable with certain topics which may come up. To get an invite in game simply give a whisper to one of our officers they are:

• Valmis
  • Xalaeth
  • GrimwĂĄld

You can also join up in our discord as a guest should you just wish to interact with us are not yet certain about RP with us. Just contact any member should you like an invite we have enslaved Sire Denathrius and use him as a bot here for our entertainment.

27 Likes

I’m not sure about Silvermoon, to be fair. There’s only one part of the city where the questionable RP takes place, and other than that it is a perfectly fine hub for blood elven roleplay.

That aside, I wish you the best with the guild! :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Sounds awesome!

How does one go about looking like venthyr? Undead skins and tall lanky races?

Instead keep WoW-inappropriate content out of WoW please + thanks.

9 Likes

It’s nice to see a Shadowlands guild pop up, I do think some people are being a little harsh on the expac’s plot, so seeing some love for the covenants is a nice thing.

But I would really try to exercise caution here given the warnings of “don’t join if you’ve suffered trauma, or are below the age of 18”. It reminded me a little of that void elf guild from a year or so back, where (if I recall correctly) someone acted out child abuse in-character. Feel free to correct me if you know what incident I’m reffering to.

At any rate, please be careful. There’s always a risk with darker storytelling that it becomes a bit of an arms race as to who can tell the nastiest tale with the most amount of inappopriate extras thrown-in. Beyond that, I wish you luck, and hope you enjoy some RP in the Shadowlands.

1 Like

I sometimes feel that Blizzard themselves are pushing the 14+ age restriction, with the dark and violent themes present in-game - Including but not limited to torture, burnings, visceral murder (those poor Brennadam farmers being speared to walls comes to mind), genocide, mutilation, ritual sacrifice, mind control and so on.

I suspect it’s only the cartoony style of the game that keeps the age rating as low as it is. Personally I think it should be higher.

If you scroll to the bottom of the page you’ll see it’s PEGI12. Which is what we in Europe care about. But you can quite easily touch upon all of …

… using the same tools as blizzard. Vagueness and lack of detail.

8 Likes

That’s pretty much it. The reason why WoW has as low of an age rating as it does is because none of these ‘heavy’ themes are described in graphic detail. If someone’s found it fitting to state those who partake in the roleplay should be 18+… then chances are, things might be taken a liiiiiiiiittle bit too far for what would fit a 12+ game.

10 Likes

Normally I’d be concerned about +18 tag as well but I know the officers of this guild and I know for a fact they wouldn’t do or condone shady stuff like ERP gore dungeon degeneracies etc.

Good luck with the guild, I’d suggest re-considering the +18 requirements cause of the bad connotations it brings for most people^^

2 Likes

Tbf, if I were to start a guild I’d keep it 18+ as well. It has nothing to do with the RP itself, but rather the actions of its members. There simply is a pattern of people below 18 being far less mature for obvious reasons, which tend to result in unnecessary drama or unoriginal RP concepts and/or execution of said RP. Looks at the unguilded Duskwood Death Knight Gang

9 Likes

Fancy! It looks interesting!

Expecting people to not use curse words in guild chat is ridiculous. You know most of the playerbase does this. It’s perfectly fine for them to not want to deal with that.

" Heck, another poopy item in the Great Vault. Man, frick this game! "

No one normal talks like that.

So it is, my bad. I still think it should be higher though!

I’d argue that there’s not much vagueness in, for example, Afterlives: Revendreth where the viewer is treated to a closeup of some poor Venthyr being roasted alive by Light. There’s not much vague about someone being speared to a barn wall either, although it might not be classed as so bad due to the lack of gore? To be honest though, I’m probably a little out of touch with the themes that the average 12 year old is exposed to nowadays.

`https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/581537197992443914/811268662941712394/unknown.png

Yes, very vague/lack of detail

This may come as a shocker, but there is an abundance of people below 18 y.o., who act way maturely than some of the 30+, both in real life and in the RP community.

In fact, that is prone to happen to people, who simply lack social awareness, rather than them being below a certain age limit lol

4 Likes

Not what I said + chat filter is a thing for those who wish to use it.
Project more.

3 Likes

I’ll be honest with you pal but every single bit of RP drama has been caused by people age 25-30+

It might be a shocker but the worst thing kids do on this server is fall for ERP created by those who should know better.

Since the dawn of time guilds with the tags “18+ mature people only” “friendly chill environment” “looking to get away from drama and just raid/RP/do XYZ” or a combination thereof are usually the exact opposite and probably the cause of those faults in a previous guild. Not aimed @ OP, just relevant since we’re talking patterns.

Depends on your experience tbh. Either way, I wouldn’t blame a guild leader for wanting to game with people their age rather than 12-16 year olds.

1 Like

As a shameless fan of playable venthyr I must ask what part this worrying age restricted soul absolving torment plays in everyday roleplaying such that it’s a major issue.