{(Venthyr)A/RP} House Krolock šŸ¦‡

Good luck with the guild! Venthyr are awesome and this concept seems cool.

I simply invite you to imagine how this very same image would look in a 18+ game.

3 Likes

Those bloodied ogre heads on pikes in WoD exist too. Generally speaking, Iā€™m thinking the team they gutted from Diablo development were put on Maw duty.

Imho there is a difference between a head on a spike and detailed 5 paragraph emotes detailing disemboweling someone and eating their remains straight outta an 80s slasher movie, but then again, I know personally the OP isnā€™t into that so Iā€™m not worried :blush:

And Iā€™m sure this conversation gets them a fair bit of forum bump currency tooā€¦

3 Likes

True, and what do we really have to go on besides freaking souls out and making them wail with a beam of vaugeness?

Advanced torture RP seems entirely needless.

1 Like

Yeah, I doubt typical venthyr RP would be gory(souls canā€™t even bleed lmao) but from what I understand, the OP is going on more about the mental aspects, perhaps touching upon the idea of ā€˜helpingā€™ out condemned souls that committed some more controversial crimes and atrocities, and thereā€™s quite a fair amount of folks out there who could potentially be triggered by such, no matter what age.

I took it to mean that theyā€™d for example list out a soulā€™s crimes, and could end up mentioning some pretty horrific things that have happened (though hopefully not in detail) which could make people a bit uncomfortable.
@ the op, this is a really neat concept and cool to see someone try to make use of the shadowlands. Iā€™d maybe recommend clarifying and rewriting the 18+ part, since it has clearly sparked some debate.

2 Likes

Exactly this, you worded this far better than my sleep deprived mind.

Absolutely goldshire 10/10 removal but Silvermoon is deeply and worryingly questionable as a whole. As CS says in this thread there are plenty of respectable rpers in Silvermoon who have nothing to do with that a small minority section of the City. I think you guys really need to re-consider this ban on Silvermoon Rpers, talk about tar brushing an entire city unfairly.

2 Likes

RPing an elf is a enough of an offence :hocho:

Jokes aside, even though Silvermoon deserves to be burnt down to the ground as Zulā€™jin intended, not all of the city is that bad.

Edit: I didnā€™t even notice that the guild is on alliance side (I havenā€™t slept yet give me a break plz guys)

Yeah fair enough.

If itā€™s an alliance guild using nelves to represent venthyr, I can see RPing in Silvermoon being very SUS

2 Likes

Is it even possible for Venthyr to leave the Shadowlands to return to the ā€˜mortalā€™ realms?

1 Like

Not as far as weā€™ve seen. But, that doesnā€™t extend to mortals who might be helping them out.

I took the ā€œcaught RPing in Goldshire/Silvermoonā€ to mean on alts personally.

Iā€™ll echo that Silvermoon isnā€™t that bad, just a small part of it is.

Donā€™t make content requiring age restriction as was said above (if it was a social issue itā€™s not my place to comment, but the age restriction is purely aimed @ RP content). The bar to be sent to Revendreth seems to be pretty low (assassins, rebels, people that donā€™t pay taxes apparently) so I donā€™t think itā€™s necessary for anyone to go out of their way to create 18+ RP to justify Venthyr lore.

Unimaginable torment also seems to be largely based around just repeating a soulā€™s sins and making sha-like blood blobs spawn. Iā€™m sure we can be, as adults, original and not resort to unguilded Duskwood Death Knight gang tier of torment cringe RP to create darker tones appropriate for WoWā€™s universe.

1 Like

I mean, RP events during which you beat the living hell out of some evil blobs over and over again doesnā€™t seem like creative RP to me either :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

We often gotta work with more than just vague outlines given to us in questlines etc. As long as itā€™s not a gorefest competition of who can write a more gruesome and traumatising emote, I donā€™t mind.

Uhm. No. In my time as an officer, the most cases where Iā€™ve had to deal with creepy characters wanting to be called pet by their ā€œmistressā€ (A higher ranking female), uninspired OP characters, bland RP concepts, careless use of racial slurs, complete disregard for concepts regarding gender (as the OP has stated the guild is LGBTQ+) and acting like hormonal teenagers has been by hormonal teenagers. So depending on the community you wish to create, I think itā€™s fair to put an age limit on that community.

1 Like

Unless your intention is to have NSFW chat in the said community for edgy racist jokes/political discussions/feet pics for lawls - there is absolutely no need in the restriction.

I say again - people being over 18 doesnā€™t automatically make them sane and reasonable, no matter what guild you personally were an officer in. If it did - weā€™d live in a very different world.

I dunno guys. Anybody younger than 18 in my RP makes me uncomfortable personally as I donā€™t like youngsters, not that I RP anything bad. It can be a legit preference to just want people around your own age. Also I rather not be responsible for a minor.