{(Venthyr)A/RP} House Krolock 🩇

If it is a personal preference - sure, there is nothing wrong in that. But argumenting that “tehe everyone below 18 is 5iq” is a sort of weird high school flex that is just flawed.

Right sorry for the issues this post seems to have all caused let me just clarify somethings:

The 18+ is not banning people so to speak but what we wanted to do was make people aware that when we allow the souls to pick their own sins to be redeemed that some issues such as rape and domestic abuses may occur I did not think wanting to warn someone against triggers would cause an issue.

As for Silvermoon issue yes I will remove it but Goldshire remains as a spot I cannot see any other reason to be there past Erp.

2 Likes

Heh, I started roleplaying on WoW when I was 13. :upside_down_face:

I like this initiative. I think the mini-factions can be quite fun anyhow. There is RP potential in them, and that has to be used somehow.

1 Like

You’d be surprised how much good RPers can do with simple concepts; an easy mistake to fall for is to think that you need complex fluff to add value to RP. RP is a lot more about the social aspect of storytelling, involving yourself (re, your character) into the concept to make situations interesting because you’re interacting with other interesting people.

In that regard, amazing stories in RP spawn because the people involved in them were amazing. Thinking to any kind of meaningful RP interaction I’ve had, the story/events/campaigns are always only the excuse for a set of characters doing something/being somewhere—what they do is what’s memorable.

We can make a thread titled RP & Complexity: A Comprehensive Discussion if you want, since I don’t feel like writing a thesis on a guild one in order to argue.

I’m going to say that the multiple Gate dramas AD has seen over the years are definitely more convincing than (expected) day-to-day officer quality management that you’re describing. If we’re going to talk about quality control and say that sub-age 18 people are inherently less creative than adults, boy, am I going to say big disagree and pretend you didn’t say that.

All in all I think that’s enough said.

2 Likes

:triumph: Avoid!!!

One might err on the side of caution and remain entirely in the Shadowlands for now. To my knowledge the only beings from Slands who have ventured to Azeroth are Kyrian performing their charge, or those in service to the Maw.

1 Like

That’s cool and I respect your opinion :+1: now that OP themselves have stepped in to clarify few things I believe further discussion about maturity/creativity of teenagers etc is unnecessary, best just leave it up to the OP to explain it.

1 Like

Certainly we do not plan to move out of the location but just a little post to say we don’t want anyone hanging about there with our guild name it’s not what type of guild we are.

2 Likes

Hahah now you say it what if we all posted our feet pics right here just for the lols that’d be totally hilarious xD

1 Like

I think you (as the OOC GM) should not allow that actually, if someone wanted to join my guild and explained that their character background is being a violent molester, I would just say

get lost

24 Likes

As a GM my self i would do the same as mors here, it just should have no Place in WoW rp.

11 Likes

That’s definitely a simplest solution, just don’t allow character concepts that would clearly make people uncomfortable :ok_hand: would be much easier to deal with as a GM.

6 Likes

Yeah, don’t.

a) that’s well above the age of the setting and b) its often done poorly and can be quite offensive to people who have actually suffered from that IRL.

So honestly, I’d stay away from 18+ themes.

7 Likes

Reading the last few points I have to agree for the better of the guild and WoW itself to focus on other sins such as Pride, Greed, Envy and cheating terms more then anything major! I will edit the main post to reflect this changes! So I want to thank you all for helping in the matter!

26 Likes

Coolbeans.

Good luck with your guild!

1 Like

As someone who comes from the grim dark world of the more popular roleplay server for wow, it’s not
really uncommon for people to put filters in these situations. While yes, the 18+ warning is off putting, it is a maturity filter. Venthyr technically do deal with the grim and grind of Shadowlands, though honestly some people like me go everywhere when I’m doing world events, the kick rule kinda geyh

You’re actually acting on feedback?

Wait that’s illegal. You’re supposed to crazily double down and dig your heels in, slowly descending into madness with every post!

3 Likes

Me:

Hello everyone!

We as a guild have listened to the points raised and have changed what you have suggested!

The guild no longer wears an 18+ Tag, all are able to join.
All sensitive topics will be avoided and if they are brought up, the officers will deal with it personally to protect our members.
The Disclaimer has been updated to ask new members to go through an officer if they wish to make a soul to make sure sensitive topics aren’t being brought up.

I apologize for any offense or upset that the original way the guild was going to run caused. It wasn’t our intent, hopefully with these changes we can make everyone feel safe and welcome. <3

14 Likes

Worse, but you can’t call a decapitated, bloody, headless body ‘vague’