Vinyl : Triumph of Gnomeregan [rant]

You probably meant 130+ kills there. :wink:

Speaking of RNG, yeah, it’s infamous. I did Brewfest Coren every day on 8 maxlevel chars and so far I got no ram but three kodos, and two of the three on the same of the 8 chars.
RNG is in complete defiance of normal distribution. In fact it has a strong tendency towards the unlikely. - Like, if you get an epic world drop, it is more likely that you get the same one again soon than not, and maybe even more likely that you get two from the same mob.

Look at legacy raid loot. Doubles and triples are the norm, in a large list of possible loot with just a fraction selection.

If RNG was a person and you asked them to give you a random number from 1 to 10, they’d say 1. - Give me another. - 1. Give me yet another. - 1. - OK, now give me a different one. - 10. - Maybe show a bit more variety next time. - 1.
It’s getting really weird when I can predict what elements the highly robotic Mechagon weapon assembly quest is gonna come up with next.

3 Likes

no I meant 1300+ kills over 26 chars every reset since I could solo in MoP ive had huge breaks in between because just going inside there makes me feel sick .
Have you never heard of people having 12000+ kills for the TW mount ? or people having 3000+ kills for Sha ? its a real thing and happen’s more then you know .

1 Like

And I thought I was too dedicated. :astonished:
At some point you gotta cut your losses and accept you’re being abused … or abusing yourself. This is lottery jackpot style obsession.

Also, years ago there was talk (dunno whether assumptions or more) that WoW RNG features an anti-farming logic that keeps giving the same results if you do something too quickly in succession. Basically like changing a random seed in set intervals. - And considering how in Legion we also got bad-luck-protection for legendaries, I would say it is even more insane to play the RNG game knowing it is RIGGED.
The most extreme that I farmed with devotion at every opportunity was a 1/50 laser gun from Paol Pondwader. (And it dropped before those odds.) Anything worse than those odds seems not worth it, mental torture. (Well, I did farm 1/200 and 1/300 polymorph books, but those are from regular abundant mobs. Was still my tolerance threshold, though, and one dropped early, the other spot-on. - I will NOT fish for the turtle poly! I got it on my Alli mage and that was probably though dumb luck.)

1 Like

I have atm given up I need a break from that .I just did the Rustfeather farm recently that was over 400+ kills so iam a mount break for a while :slight_smile:

It helps if you ponder what you actually need, what you actually ever use, and combine that with an appreciation of the value of downtime, of doing nothing to counterbalance all the ambitious activity.
I am noticing that myself lately. I want to get more stuff done for the day and end up ready for bed, but then decide to just slack and do some ‘random crap’ and suddenly the energy and wakefulness comes back.

Transmog farming is similar. There’s tons of stuff and easy to get now, but what do I really need? I already found the ideal transmog looks for my chars.

Consider transmog and toy libraries like bag space. Even if you have more than enough, you can still get lost in them and not find something that’s in front of your nose.
Simplicity helps make things more pleasant. It focuses power on the essentials.

Awful design.

hoping for a fix A S A P

4 Likes

This expansion RNG is horrible. And it gets even worse when they try to fix it, again with the example of the Islands Expeditions, or even worse the Darkwater Skate which drop rate has been nerfed to the ground. Basically it seems that we are guinea pigs and Blizzard is testing what drop rate is acceptable for us. Like the ground drop rate.
It seems that people have lot of stamina, because I don’t see that many complains about those drop rates. I don’t see the point of Blizzard to make it so hard to loot some pixels (how ever nice they look) as long as it doesn’t affect the game. I’m not saying that they should hand them to us, I’m just saying that it would seem fair to try and please their customers. If I had that Vinyl Triumph of Gnomeregan sooner I would have been so happy to get my new meta mount.
From sometime now, whenever I will get it (if I ever do) the feeling will be more “it’s about time”, “what a waste of time”… and not so much being pleased about it.
What is the amount of people actually farming mount? What is the amount on completionists? How many people keep their subscription when they are done with content just to farm old content mounts, pets, toys transmog?
At some point I even wonder if more people wouldn’t go and try to get this stuffs if they weren’t so tedious to get.
Most people I know don’t care about those because they can’t be bothered, and rather do something else than mindless grind, and probably they are right too.
In the Dungeon END TIME in Cataclysm they make Nozdormu saying that quote from Einstein " The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result."
I wonder what it says of Blizzard, and I wonder what it says of us as players. But when I think of this, I feel like a complete fool, and it kinda makes me want to run from it all and just give up on a company that doesn’t respect their players and rather turn them into madmen.

3 Likes

Got mecha-done a few days ago, the RNG is insane, beyond fun. I basically spent an hour a day simply farming for cogstar. Hell, I got both that vinyl and the design from HM rig the first time I done it (which was last week).

I’ve been doing mechagon every single day, some times I’ve just spend a few hours farming recyclable parts and flying around for stuff to collect.

Took me this long to complete everything because of RNG on a few drops.

2 Likes

I have farmed this since Mechagon opened. I have farmed it multiple times a day sometimes 3 times (yes it can still drop loot). I’ve also farmed Freza…
I have everything else completed over a month ago and have been farming this single item every since.
Its ridiculous, I fail to understand how a meta achievement can be gated behind such low chance RNG. It needs fixing!!
Seriously fed up of having to farm it now after such a long time. Be glad when its over…

1 Like

I managed to complete Mecha-Done after a lot of time and effort spent, and I can tell you that it’s terrible design that the ability to complete an achievement is solely dependant on RNG. You’re never actually guaranteed to get it if your luck is bad.

I don’t know why the drop-rate isn’t changed or the achievement modified.

2 Likes

Stopped trying for this, Cogstar’s plan and the last 2 paints. Simply too much RNG. Only stuff I’m able to craft or use spare parts for is for 1k donations (I CBA) or 1k crafts (only Cogstar’s teleport is of valua to me on that Alliance char…). I have no use for paragon anymore since I even said “I will never use the offspec essence but WTH it’s something to spend items on” and now I have both on rank 4/legendary. Oh I had 504 non charged cells, I have started to delete the extra 4. Also 400+ charged cells…

1 Like

I have opened two tickets on this. First one they said nothing was wrong and I let go. They replied the second one today saying “I had a look at your account, and nothing is wrong, you’ve just been terribly unlucky”.

So I HAD to reply, telling them how could they have the nerves to say that I was “terribly unlucky” when the drop rate is ridiculous and there is no bad luck protection. It’s their responsibility, it’s too easy to just go “it’s RNG”. They make the odds. Blizzard is god in their own game. I have not being terribly unlucky, they have badly implemented a terrible system.

4 Likes

How long have you been farming this one item now? :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Sorry but 1300 kills for mimiron is outside the realm of realistic probabilities, I’m gonna need some screens of stats to believe that, or at least the armory links of a few chars, not because I don’t believe you can put that effort in, but simply cause after 500 (and I’m exagerating) you should really have it, everyone should, realistically.

Timereaver you can go past 20k but it’s a 1 in 4000 drop, sha you can go past 10k but it’s a 1 in 2000 drop, mimiron’s head is a 1 in 100 drop, as such 99,5% of people will not go beyond 500.

If I knew some of your chars I could check if they actually have 50 kills each, I once made an enormous paint file which included all my kills for lifebinder on armory for all my chars, 254 spread across 35 chars, and that’s still nothing compared to the 1300 you claim.

For reference, this is my oondasta one, which took me 5351 tries, again drop rate is much lower than mimi’s head, you just need to remove the first space.

https ://i.imgur.com/9rdr9rd.png

1 Like

I do not need to prove anything and ty for accusing me of lying or would you like all my friends on battlenet who have been on runs with and guildies to confirm it too and also that it took me5127 kills for Strat mount .
You can add me on battlenet if you like but im not putting my char names on show on the forums.

2 Likes

Stratholme used to be a 1 in 1000 drop, I don’t know how long ago you farmed it, then it was changed to 1 in 100, it was already nerfed when I started, 5,1k while unlucky would be a lot more realistic if you farmed it before nerf.

So privacy problems, I see, I’m actually really curious of this cause the amount of kills is insane for the drop rate, if I ask you in game can I get some char names, so I can check if kills really go over 500?

I rly don’t mind adding you as a BT friend but yes i do have privacy issues for reason i don’t want to go into .

Ok, I’m fine with that, given your privacy issues I’m gonna have to post mine I guess, Esploratore#2552.

Oh its you ,you changed name or something as i used to read all your posts and helped support your views on Sha being a set spawn and shield .

Yes, wasn’t my intention, I was forced into it due to no longer being able to post on warrior, now it seems to work again, so I can go back to it.

1 Like