Void storage is pointless

Needs to be revamped and added as a new bank tab with some kind of updated purpose IMO. We have a reagent tab so this change would make sense.

Personally, I would like it to be an equipment tab specifically linked to our equipment sets on the character pane, where we can store off-spec/fishing/RP gear and switch easily without affecting bag space.

Perhaps something like a different ui for the tab that allows us to store up to 4 sets that has head/chest/tabard slots etc.

9 Likes

I have two tabs of void storage with very little in it and frequently other things I want to put in there I get a message saying I can’t store it there, so back to the normal bank I go.

I would much prefer more profession tabs or something.

1 Like

Mine is full so i dont agree on it being useless.

Edit: second tab is not

I have to confess I have never actually used Void Storage and I have no idea what it is actually for. I just tend to use the regular bank.

What is it for?

6 Likes

Same here, don’t even know where it is.

It was originally used to provide much more space for gear, back when transmog appearances were only usable if you had the gear in your bag, bank or void storage.
These days the appearance is learned and you can throw away the gear.

It’s function today is more of a safe keep for items you’ll never want to withdraw, the bank is free, the void storage has a fee.
If your bank is not full then it serves no purpose, unless you really like a clean bank and you can put all you old “relics” into void storage. But that’s how I use my bank anyway.

1 Like

Same here.
I thought it was to store items for the old fashioned Transmog before they added the wardrobe. I didn’t do that much mog collecting back then as it seemed kind of a hassle. The wardrobe makes it so much simpler.

Void Storage is usually located by the transmog npc. So in Org it’s in the drag in that hut :wink:

It’s another service offered by the aetherials.

It’s funny, because for many years players felt the lack of bank space was one of the biggest issues in WoW.
Blizzard added Void Storage, but long term they’ve moved many items into collections, so the need for bank space is not so urgent anymore, and so Void Storage has become rather redundant.
Some long term quality design decisions by Blizzard, in retrospect. That issue is today completely resolved.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with it being there in its current form. It’s somewhat pointless, but it doesn’t impact anything in a negative way.

2 Likes

I still use it as a storage for our class tmogs (especially for pandas!) from the 1st levels, cool trinket effects, tabards, legiondaries ofc, quest items and boa tokens… yet well though obsolete it works, there is absolutely no point to remove it ;d

Okay, my chars old legion leggos all have a new home now. Thanks for clarifying. I had often wondered but never found I was “missing out” by not using it.

Yes please. My void storage is full, and I’ve no reason/motivation to ever do anything with it again. It’s just psychological baggage at this point.

Not actually a terrible idea for things you’ve got emotional attachment to :joy_cat:

New Shadow Priest spell
Void: Storage - puts the target into Void Storage and guarantees they won’t be looked at for at least 7 years.

2 Likes

It is really only useful for hoarding things you can’t bring to throw away but don’t need cluttering your bank. Useful for hoarding outfits for RP if you can’t mog them i.e. that ballroom dress that’s white and you’re a plate wearer anyway.

I don’t think they need to get rid of it but I would much rather have more profession reagent tabs.

Oh, thanks for the idea! I had the same problem :smiley:

i use it to keep items i used at the end of the expansion for “good memory” since i started playing in legion it still have a lot of space, tbh i don’t see a point in removing it. Just don’t use it if you don’t want to since it’s already outdated. Also legion leggos now don’t waste bank space.

I used void storage once, and it was when it first came out. I really don’t see a point in it anymore

The thing I use it for is putting annoying-to-obtain and expensive mogs in there so if we get another Legion mog purge bug, I won’t lose the pricy/rare stuff randomly again.

I put my Legion legendaries in there since they can’t be destroyed. But yeah, it needs a new purpose.

What are you throwing in there?