Void, Torture and a thumbs up from the Light (novel spoilers)

I didn’t need you telling me that to know I’m doing great. But for once you said something true, so congrats I guess?

Turalyon in game seemed always as an end justifies the means guy for me. Turalyon stood by and was okay with Xera trying to basically mindbreak illidan into submission, and even attacked him for defending himself.
Now the tool is coming from the other side, so it’s weird for him to help, but the torture in itself is nothing new for him.

2 Likes

You now that the human smuggler guy wasn’t even Horde right?

She told the Horde to get bent. And she had every right to do so. The Horde has given her nothing of value but a red target on the Zandalari backs ever since they joined the Horde. If she stays like that calling out the useless council, Talanji then might become my favorite new character.

Trusting that the Naaru commander you served under for 1000 years knows better what is right and good than you do, when it is possibly actually trying to do good for Illidan, who had a quite torturous existence before, is not exactly comparable to letting your void barbie torture civilians to get information to potentially get a little closer to catching a criminal, no. It’s one thing to accept that forcing someone to be “better” might be called for. It’s quite a nother thing to think torturing civilians for intel is righteous.

2 Likes

Again, I’ll expand on what I think about the novel once I get home.
But Talanjis portrayal in the book goes down the same route as Tyrande in MoP: irrationally stupid at times, rash and unreasonable at best, and in need of assistance/lecturing to deal with the Zandalari affairs.

Her stance isn’t seen as something reasonable. It seems as if she is deranged.
And it shows along the book by backfiring or highlighting how dearly she needs the likes of Thrall or Zekhan (?) around in order to get her sh!t together and deal with the problems that the Zandalari are suffering.

As seen very often in our own history, it’s a very small step from torturing an enemy, to torturing an innocent to somehow get an edge over your enemy.
I think it’s not really a stretch from trusting your commander of 1000 years, to trusting your lover of 1000 years.

2 Likes

So now the whole world’s gotta stop for one smuggler guy who got tortured? Give me a break.

Besides, that guy was a smuggler. Smugglers are very often shady and untrustworthy people. Smuggling by itself is a crime.

Since Alleria and Turalyon both felt bad about it later on you stand on no ground to take, if those who did it actually have regret for it.

The Horde needs her and Zandalar more then the other way around. As i see it, Zandalar is the last actual strong power among the Horde nations. So Thrall better offer her something good or then Zandalar should just leave if their demands aren’t met.

You’re such a shallow person. So just because a fictional character said A you need to agree with them? Are you legit a 10 years old kid who can’t formulate their own opinion and think for themselves?

3 Likes

The reason I dislike how it’s all being portrayed, is because the book makes it seem as if it’s the other way around.

Are you talking about the Grommash Hold Gathering? She was angry at them true, but her feelings are rational, and author herself said that she wanted for her anger to be justified.

The whole event is seen from Thrall’s PoV and he can be biased himself because he never saw the scope of Zandalari’s plight.

I don’t know what the rest of the book will bring, as there are very mixed signals so far.

2 Likes

No. I’ve read almost the whole book, and I’m talking about interactions that happen much much later.

How many pages this book has?

2 Likes
  1. At least the Kindle copy I have.
2 Likes

I have yet to read the book , rip me and my exams but from what little I’ve seen, I am not surprised about Alleria and Turalyon.
I am surprised about Anduin condoning this though. I mean, he’s been shown to get very well along with both Alleria and Turalyon and trust them but torture of innocent? That’s new. I don’t think I can conclude any of it without actually reading the book myself and getting some context.

For those who’ve read the book, and with as little spoilers as possible (haha I am reading this and asking for no spoilers, I am ridiculous sometimes), what of Sira? Is she well represented?

Short version. She yells at Tyrande and Tyrande disowns her. She is a jail cell at the end alone for herself.

I have already answered about her represented in the book:

And also this:

Given that the Horde is still torturing all the innocents they killed in Teldrassil, this is not even comparable.

They even healed them afterwards, the Horde tried to kill and torture even more after Teldrassil instead, the Horde must be the most evil thing in wow history.

2 Likes

This isn’t about comparisons, though, but the characters involved.

2 Likes

…I mean if I kill Cenarius or a loa in front of night elves/trolls they would probably attack me as well for essentially killing one of their gods.

Outside of that: I feel like the book is trying way, way too hard to make the Alliance look “grey”. You can’t go from good-guy-Anduin to someone who condones torture in more or less a single chapter. It’s okay if the Alliance becomes more grey in a logical sense, but making a 180° turn all of the sudden is just as bad as the entire Horde writing throughout BfA.

But, hey: More bad writing. What did we expect?

2 Likes