War Mode Joke on Horde

horde bias game, horde crying over one piece of loot despite getting a whole patch of free uncontestable 10% bonus AP prior to the quest etc. Sounds about right =)

5 Likes

so the allaince are claming horde biasā€¦ when they get a 400 item for ganking and a constant 30% buff as well as the lore now having them winning (at the cost of having baddly written characters).

While its true horde did get a warfront first, the alliance got this new warfront first AND did it without having to do turn ins. arathi wasnt avalible till around the sunday of the first week during which the alliance could do a world boss giving 370 gear.

1 Like

Horde can also get the 25 kill quest reward if enough of them turn off war mode. Maybe seems unlikely, but possible. You are not excluded from it. Player choices on both factions, wm on or off, determine the extra bonus system.

3 Likes

yet there are those people on shards where the alliance already outnumbers them, then hearing it will be down to 25% for the alliance next week isnt much compensation for people that on wednesday couldnt turn in warfront items, do island exhabitions or even get coins for the new raid becouse there was multible alliance groups farming the port while not a single guard showed up.

the 400 item was a mistake, and its a sick joke hearing about them talking about horde coming on for a 10% bonus when we have countless alliance coming on now to get even better loot.

That being said I do like warmode saw a good back and forth in nazmire invasion on sunday but its wrong to complain about one group of people doing something and to then sort it out by bringing in the exact same kind of people you didnt want in war mode just on a different colour.

3 Likes

I dont agree with most of the narratives here, the blame is 50/50 Blizzards design choices and player behaviour but a low effort heroic raid tier item at the start of a new season? How would it not cause a flood of new horde blood in WM, the reward means other parties are also interested, pve-ers and bgers and arena players, etc

1 Like

Horde can theoretically get the 25 kill quest sure but can you honestly see alliance outnumbering horde in WM any time soon? or ever? If alliance do outnumber horde in WM eventually will it even be enough to give horde a % bonus increase let alone some free Heroic raid gear? Even with the current rewards for alliance the horde advantage has only been halved. So Iā€™m doubting itā€¦

Its taken a 30% bonus and free 400ilvl loot to tempt some alliance to turn WM on for the first time this expansion and you can bet that many of those will be turning it straight back off again as soon as theyā€™ve got their shiny purples.

Youā€™re relying on horde turning WM off (which wont happen in massive numbers) and more and more alliance turning (and keeping) it on. With the WM bonus and loot ilvl set to go down for alliance next week, I cant realistically see many more alliance being tempted into WM who havenā€™t already been tempted out by the current rewards.

Horde can theoretically get the 25 kill quest but in practical terms, no. We are effectively excluded from it, and even if we did get it, we certainly wouldnā€™t be getting 400ilvl gear as a reward.

1 Like

It is one ITEM per character becouse next week i heard it will by scaled down to 385 ilvl or it is still much for you and it must by max 355 ilvl ? Dont understand why so many crying topics are created becouse of one 400ilvl item that have almost zero impact and it wlll have even less in next 2 weeks.

1 Like

So youā€™ll be vendoring that heroic level gear will you? Seeing as it has no impact or importance?

I play WM on all my toons, some much higher ilvl than this alt.

This week you get free 400ilvl gear. Next week free 385ilvl. And all you have to do is join a raid group for half hour or so.

Since the patch landed the highest ilvl gear Iā€™ve acquired from PvP was 375ilvl for which I had to spend a whole lot more time and effort earning conquest for. I actually had to do some PvP for a start. Next week while your raid group is camping a tortollan quest or a flightpath or whatever, iā€™ll have to go do actual PvP to get a similar ilvl reward.

You can keep youā€™re 30% bonus, couldnā€™t care less about that, but you shouldnā€™t be awarded freebie Heroic level gear from a supposedly PvP quest you can do in a raid group where you donā€™t even have to participate in an PvP.

3 Likes

Well. Thankyou for proving my point for me. At least 5 days effort for some 375ilvl gear as opposed to half an hour sat in a raid farming a flightpath for 400ilvl gear.

Except I do RBGā€™s to earn my conquest and try get rating. Whichever way you look at it, its more effort to get conquest than to join a raid to get 25 kills.

This is a confusing sentence. Youā€™re simultaneously telling me its a great upgrade but at same time its not that important. I never once said it was a ā€œwpvp changer/breakerā€ did i? Quote me where i did if you can.
The ONLY point is. Youā€™re getting free Heroic level gear that can be gotten with almost zero PvP participation.

Also, going back to this quote from your prvious postā€¦

Did you completely miss the forum meltdown from alliance players because horde were getting 10% more rep? You should expect the handing out of free Heroic gear to get at least some complaints no?

Yes alliance cried that time and what horde did ? Nothing. So why we would care that we have item that help balance pvp and you crying about it ? Dealt with it or turn off wm - Horde advise from that time.

Thereā€™s ā€˜ifsā€™ā€¦ if this 400 item reward kill quest has the effect of putting off the substantial excess Horde pure pveā€™ersā€¦ If that process will continue even if Alliance donā€™t get 400 item for kqā€¦ if if if. Maybeā€¦ maybeā€¦ maybeā€¦ better faction balance. But not just general balance, itā€™s the balance of player types within the factions. That is a great goal to strive for.

I for sure am interested to see what happens. If the end result is a better balance of player types, that could mean more players that actually intend to pvp are in the same shards. Thatā€™s worth far more than any item reward to me. Quality of wpvp, pure PvEers reduce the quality :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m genuinely interested to find out what you think horde could have done. I mean are horde suddenly responsible for game balance now?

Hang on. You just told me that this 400ilvl gear was ā€œnot a wpvp changer/breakerā€ and will have ā€œalmost zero impactā€ but now youā€™re telling me its to help balance pvp. At some point youā€™re gonna have to decide what you thinkā€¦

2 Likes

Have problem with understanding ? Almost zero mean almost not zero so it has some minimal impact but not that big as you cryers think it have, becouse if someone get 400 ilvl item it dont turn him into Horde killing monster that can go 1vs10 and win. So get over it.

Well, blizz did admit the phasing issue with excess horde in shards at start of bfa resulted in imbalance. Good for them, mistakes happen. And it is what it is. They are at least trying to do something about it. Thereā€™s lots of other potential solutions floating around, but easy to pick holes in all of them.

I find the current system interesting. Thereā€™s a natural re-balancing process ongoing. The excess Horde pure pveā€™ers are hopefully turning off wm. It could eventually lead to shards that have a better balance of actual wpvpā€™ers on them. That is an awesome prospect.

Ofc some frustration expected from those not getting the same incentives, understandable. The only way an incentive system works to improve balance though, is if one side doesnā€™t get it. But this is a process, it could work out. Weā€™ll see!

1 Like

No. I donā€™t have a problem understanding at all. Not when people are capable of constructing logical non-contradictory arguments anyway.

Horde crying = Blizz are now likely to reduce the item to a sensible level every week.

Thus, Horde crying has brought about a reasonable change, hope that helps you understand all the crying!

No crying = no change.

1 Like

What I dislike overall is the sharding. A raid of Allies, around their camps/cities
(that are way more defended by npcs than ours btw, Horde camps are free itā€™s ridiculous, in comparison you see 40 ally npc chasing you anywhere), while thereā€™s a bunch of hordies, mostly solo, doing their assault quests.
Why is the sharding not doing its job?

From frustration it creates questions like why are we farming quests for 370 items in the middle of several alliance camps while they have to farm us for 400 items?
If we had to do 4 pve quests for the same level while allies still had that addtionnal quest of farming us, wouldnā€™t be mad at all.

Wasnā€™t it sweet alliance tears of endless whining that got you the quest and bonus in the first place ? so funny, alliance need extraā€™s to even consider Warmode on. Horde did and does still do it even without benefits. So hush little alliance. And do pray we never get the quest. cause that would probebly mean 100% alliance Warmode OFF. LOL!

3 Likes

Good story for children. Why would Horde should get quest ? Goal is to lessen your numbers in WM - mean blizz want you turn it off. So in time while you have problem to understand what blizz want, they probably will do want you dont want and keep up bonuses (enlistment, wm bonus, quest). So pls stop your stories if Santa Claus start give gifts in June and keep to reality.

1 Like

yes, so easy to complete the quest if the hordes stop trying to run and simply come to get killed in waves :kissing_heart:

1 Like