War Mode WPvP Survey - Player Rules

Take this anonymous 10 question survey so that we can get an understanding of the WM forum’s views on ethics in WPvP. It’s only 10 questions, and it typically only takes 2 minutes to complete! It will be interesting to see the results of this and my War Mode activity & satisaction survey. Only first 100 responses will be included.

Survey Questions
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/D8P6BFQ

Survey Results
https://www.surveymonkey.com/results/SM-CVSV5LZZV/

Blizzard’s official rules on harassment in WPvP

Take the War Mode activity & satisfaction survey too!

Take the sharding, phasing, classes, and community survey as well!

Take the lag survey!

1 Like

Again mate you used devious questions.
For example there was this question (i am not quoting it exact words,but this is a 90% accurate reproduction):
In your opinion is ok to atack a player that is fighting a elite?
This question was related only in a 1v1 situation. But usually, in reality, mosts of situations are 2-3 players atacking a lonely player that is fighting a elite.
So obviously the answers will be altered because the question was asked wrong. Over 70% of your questions are related to 1v1 situations, when in reality, most situations are 2-3 or more players vs 1 and the lack of ethics apply to theese cases.

The question was…

“In your opinion, is it okay for one player to attack a solo same level enemy player while they are fighting a boss or mob?”

That is not a devious question, it’s a straight question.

The reason for 1v1, is that the survey is limited to 10 questions, and the ethics of outnumbering is already in other questions; 7, 8, 9. If the respondent has an ethical issue with outnumbering, this will come out in those questions. So if they answer that outnumbering is bad, we know they would also feel bad about outnumbering a player soloing a boss. This avoids duplicate questions, keeping it within the 10 question limit, and allowing the variety of questions that there are.

Only six responses so far, but already interesting to see the different ethics coming out in some questions.

1 Like

I answered, but my ethics are flexible.

Corpse camping:
1-2 kills are enough for me (I genuinely don’t want to ruin the game for people), but if the target has been corpse-camping others / killing lowbies or even just being cocky (/spit)… then I reserve the right to corpse camp until the dude is grateful to have the ability to change shards.

3 Likes

Changeable ethics are fine in my book! Justice is fun! Thanks for completing the survey, 10 interesting responses so far.

Try my War Mode activity & satisfaction survey, last one for now I swear (edit: I spoke too soon).

1 Like

That’s some nice data there, haha.
At this time (56th response) some very interesting developments:

• Looks like majority of players just gank other players as many times as they like or situation “demands”
  • 75%+ are OK to kill everything that’s an enemy and moves, but 90%+ is ok to kill even if it’s not moving, lol
  • and 80%+ players don’t follow something that others made up just because, and at least are reasonable and understand that everybody will follow their own rules first anyway.
1 Like

Ye, it’s great to get an overview like this. Shows what the community really thinks, rather than assumptions based on our own opinions!

1 Like

With 65 responses, most think it is fair to always attack other players, but don’t think it is fair if they are being attacked. What’s up with that? Almost feels like this survey was mostly answered by trolls.

Well, none of the questions are about being attacked.

The most interesting responses to me are Q8 and Q9. They show that players are less ‘ethical’ if a player ‘deserves’ to dieeeeee.

1 Like

Well the last question is about being attacked? If you answer that it is okay for you to attack a low level player, but say no to if you think should follow that. That would mean that you don’t think they should be allowed to kill you if you are low level compared to them?

Last question is do other player’s rules apply to me.

Most said yes to attacking low level players and not following other’s rules. It’s not necessarily them saying they don’t want to be attacked themselves at low level. More about, I kill lowbies and don’t care what other player’s think about that.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.