War Within M+ Changes & Leavers

You could do it with people you trust and with whom you’ve played before and for whom you have a good idea about their playing ability, their perseverence (sp?) and their behaviour/reaction when things go south.

Which, if I remember correctly, is the intention behind the existence of M+. It doesn’t exist as a means to “pug your way to item level BiS minus 3”; it exists for players who cannot adhere to a strict raiding schedule or who dislike the logistics behind it to have an alternative, more carefree way, to experience difficult content and be rewarded for it. Any pugging, by both design and logic, brings the same risks as pugging for raiding.

I am doing it with people i trust. And we run in walls every week. Dungeons are not finishable.

So you’ve reached your ceiling! It’s good to acknowledge some times that “This is how far I can go” instead of keep pushing against a massive wall in the hopes that maybe one lucky time there will be a crack in it.

-=EDIT=-
I hit my wall at M0. After completing 3 dungeons at M0 difficulty this season, I know that I do not have the ability to time a +2.

No? We check logs afterwards and video’s. And very often we can change things with better coordination and timings of externals or other cooldowns. That is the fun of M+.
Week 1 we had to run out of a +10 because we were there for about 90 minutes. Some weeks later we were for 3 hours in a tyrannical Vault +13, and we never managed to kill the first boss. We did learn a lot. And now we have a +14 timed.

Like i said; you kill keypushing.
It is good to sometimes accept defeat, and you go on from there again.

Ok, slight design change:

• You get the gold back from either the final chest, or if the timer expires with all 5 members still in the group regardless of their progress in the dungeon (so you could start they key, afk all of you at the entrance, and when the timer reached 0 you get your gold back).

That way you do not get penalized for not making a key, but you will still be required to wait for the timer to expire. Besides, if you quit early, it gets downgraded, so you have bigger mishap than the lost gold.

What about adding UI markers on Mythic+ LFG tool that a group created may not result in a successful run and for best chances people should focus on creating regular groups with people they know aka friends?

That way no one can complain they haven’t been warned at least.

Does it solve the issue? Not really. But at least people can point at a major factor that decides why public groups not always work out.

Do you actually want people to play the game? Because i really wonder. Right now we have a perfect system. Put a key in and try the challenge. There’s no need to just sit there and wait till a stupid timer is gone. Let people play please.

If the system was perfect we wouldn’t be having this discussion. But it seems that leavers in M+ groups are prevalent enough to have it, and players raised their concern that the changes in TWW will exacerbate it.

I am trying to bring suggestions that improve the current system so that any griefing is inconvenient and punishing for the griefer without affecting negatively the rest of the players in comparison to the current system.

Will it also hit innocents? Yes it will, sometimes emergencies happen and you have to quit mid-effort. But that is a rare phenomenon, until for the groups I’ve joined. Maybe throughout DF I had a total of 1-2 times of someone leaving due to an emergency (and they informed about it), but definitely more than 20 times in the first three seasons someone left because the tank didn’t follow the optimal route (wtf tank? Go other way. tank continues on the current path and the pug dps left), or because the group failed killing the totems at the same time in Atal’Dazar and even (the most outrageous ragequit I’ve encountered) because they felt they were boosting a friend of mine despite the key going almost for +3! And then you have the silent leavers who bail on the first death, or the first wipe, or the first sign that it may not be timed.

Leavers are a unicorn-happening. I never have seen anyone leave before the key was dead in the first place. And i have thousands upon thousands of M+ dungeons done.

Building systems and more systems to try to beat a problem that is so small you probably have never experienced it. It makes no sense. And that system is hurting everyone every week.

1 Like

The amount of awful suggestions in this thread is staggering. You’d almost think a lot of those coming up with them would rather outright get rid of M+ than attempt to make it a better experience.

1 Like

On second thought yeah… :smiley: Sounds awful.

I mean thats fine, Blizz can add a disclaimer but i dont think that will stop the moaner.
I understand, its a kneejerk reaction to make a post complaining that your key got trashed.
In reality its better to just move on and do another key.

Had someone DC just before 2nd boss yesterday in a +13 halls of infusion. We waited for like 2 minutes then I said:

“We go 12 instead?”

But no, we didn’t go 12 because people went to bed instead, they were too tired to go again.

Maybe I should’ve made a post about how the person DCing should be punished. :rofl:

1 Like

Know what would be great?

Banning evokers for rescuing people into death.

Get rescued out of the circle on first boss in +14 algethar.

So I don’t get rid of the dot and neither did he.

Then he rescues me into the gust on the bird boss.

I left instantly.

Screw that guy and his friends key, I don’t play PvE to play against players.

But he had good intentions and cared for you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.