Warcraft III Reforged

It’s called this forum is dead so it only has one WC3 thread.

I mean we haven’t much to discuss right now. 8.3 was pretty weak when it comes to lore development.

Let’s have some fun and discuss the improvements Reforged brought.

Uhm, the Lordaeron and Dalaran reworks are nice, I guess.

They brought back the bonus missions in Exodus of the Horde where you rescue that Troll tribe from that sea witch who sounds like Tyrande.

Imagine getting whooped by a Murloc tho. Everybody point and laugh at Sen’jin.

Looks like it runs in the family :clown_face:

Small indie Company does not have enough money to fix bugs. And you want them to hire more voice actors…

I still think it’s funny really. When Blizzard first announced that they would change the campaign and retcon some things in order to make it fit better into the overall lore, there was an uproar in the community. “How dare they change my holy Wc3?” and similar statements.

Now at the last Blizzcon they made the statement, that the campaign wouldn’t be fundamentally changed. Some maps would be reforged, and some cutscenes would now use a more dynamic camera but that’s it. No new voice acting, no new cutscenes, no retcons.

Game got released, and now the same people complain that the campaign wasn’t reforged. You can complain that Blizzard used the old trailer, yes, but honestly…that’s like you give someone your lolly, and then complain to him that he stole your lolly even though you yourself gave it to him.

The missing ladder, clan-system and so on is obviously a problem…but the rant against the campaign is like…yeah…people you wanted this didn’t you?

Holy necro. That flag is deserved.

Did Blizzard forget that they can make money by making good games?

1 Like

you’re here too so you’re getting flagged aswell.

and they probelly did. plus uselly when a forum thread’s done it’s uselly closed.

Don’t tell me about it, it was a great disappointment. I would’ve loved some additional missions like Jaina founding Theramore after the Battle of Mount Hyjal. But as usual people are melodramatic and blew things out of proportions. They were never going to retcon anything major, they would just be fleshing out a few more plot points to be more in line with WoW.

3 Likes

I think after getting 0.6 / 10 rating, they will going to abandon that game. That is sad, I also was hoping for future addons, like War 1 + War 2. Or even more, some old wars. They could use War3 reforged as story telling game, describing all WoW history, before Classic.

To be honest though at this point it’s more another “Call of Duty - Infinite Warfare”-type of deal than anything else. I already read comments from people who specifically went on metacritic to give the game a 0 without having ever touched or played it.

Personally, I’m only missing a ladder and some other multiplayer functions…and a bit of optimization here and there.

Yeah. There wasn’t even much to retcon in the first place, because ironically the Warcraft 3 lore is somehow the most stable thing from them all.

Eveyone would be whooped if they’d be paralyzed. Shame on people dying to Murlock or a crab while being fully functional.

1 Like

To be fair, it’d take quite a lot of work to retcon pretty much the entire first half of the night elf Frozen Throne campaign to fit the current lore that the Broken Isles weren’t just a bunch of sunken ruins.

1 Like

aint Metatric quite a joke site anyways, like rottentomatos is, where most trolls and all the negative people flock to cry anyways, atleast thats it the impressions I have gotten from those sites.

Warcraft lore was always bad. Players just tend to ignore it out of nostalgia.

Not really because they already clarified that Maiev only went to the Broken Shore. What they could’ve done is show part of the Suramar bubble at the edge of the map and have Maiev say something like “I wonder what’s behind that shield”.

But even simple things like creating a special faction for Daelin (Kul Tiras), borrowing some of the architecture we see in BfA, would’ve been great.

Currently they are all Elves. And I think its hillarious. Lets keep it for the sake of comedy relief :smiley: